HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   draft day trade? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=77884)

RDriesen 05-14-2004 11:16 AM

draft day trade?
 
sorry if this has been asked before or if you dont like threads like this (just delete it if so) does ny have any interest in moving up in the draft? if so, who for and what would you offer for cbj's 4th pick? they will likely want to move if barker is gone. thanks

frisland 05-14-2004 11:28 AM

I'd be suprised if anyone on this board was willing to give up more than one of the second round picks. A lot of us (from what I read) are happy at six with one of ladd, tukonen, thelen, strafford.
but hey, i'll give you tom poti...

Fletch 05-14-2004 11:28 AM

Personally...
 
I wouldn't trade-up for the fourth pick. I'm not sure if anyone would be upset with who's left at picks 3-6 and I don't think the Rangers should be giving up anything to move up there. I wouldn't mind, however, seeing the Rangers move from the #21 (I believe) to a top 10, depending on the cost.

SingnBluesOnBroadway 05-14-2004 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RDriesen
sorry if this has been asked before or if you dont like threads like this (just delete it if so) does ny have any interest in moving up in the draft? if so, who for and what would you offer for cbj's 4th pick? they will likely want to move if barker is gone. thanks


I think there is more of a chance (and desire) to move up from 24 (Toronto's pick) than more up from 6.

Barnaby 05-14-2004 11:35 AM

True, I'd rather move up from 26 to the mid-teens or something, but if the price is right I would try to move to four, and get Olesz. If Barker is gone, then that would mean Olesz is available. I don't think it would cost too much to go up 2 slots depending on if other teams are interested or not.

RDriesen 05-14-2004 11:37 AM

cool, i thought i had heard somewhere that you guys were interested in olesz. thoght maybe a trade of 4th overall to nyr for 6th and 36th overall.

Barnaby 05-14-2004 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RDriesen
cool, i thought i had heard somewhere that you guys were interested in olesz. thoght maybe a trade of 4th overall to nyr for 6th and 36th overall.

I doubt you'd get the 36th pick, but we'd probably offer a mid-late second. I wouldn't be surprised if we made a deal. If Columbus looks to deal the pick, and theres a player Sather likes, then a deal would be very likely IMO.

karl_hungus 05-14-2004 11:58 AM

A little off topic but where is that toronto pick exactly? i thought at first it was at 26 but than i heard because of the conference rankings it's at 24 and could drop to 23 if Calgary wins the cup.

Also, the pick we received in the Nedved deal is supposedly the compensatory pick that Edmonton will get from not signing Brian Leetch...any ideas when we'll know the location of that pick?

Melrose_Jr. 05-14-2004 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
I think there is more of a chance (and desire) to move up from 24 (Toronto's pick) than more up from 6.

We'd probably have to blow their socks off with an offer that would get them to part with their #4 for our #24. I'm betting Sather's more inclined to offer up the #6 + whatever compensation we would send to Columbus for Washington's #1.

Who is the most likely Ranger property to be included in a draft day deal?

SingnBluesOnBroadway 05-14-2004 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr.
We'd probably have to blow their socks off with an offer that would get them to part with their #4 for our #24. I'm betting Sather's more inclined to offer up the #6 + whatever compensation we would send to Columbus for Washington's #1.

Who is the most likely Ranger property to be included in a draft day deal?


No, no, I think you miss understood me. I'm not suggesting packaging the #24 pick for the #4 pick. I'm saying I think that there is a better chance that the Rangers are looking to move up from the the #24 not the #6. I'm saying that there is a better chance that the Rangers would look to move up from #24 to the late teens rather than move up from #6 to #4.

frisland 05-14-2004 12:19 PM

karl_h, i think the flyers also had less points than toronto (103-101 ?)
which means that pick could also move down past nyr if flyers win the cup.
so we have a 50% chance of moving up a notch, so in all likely hood it'll be a sj-tb final, just to screw us again.

Jackson Ranger 05-14-2004 01:05 PM

Any possibility the Rangers get together with their old partners, the Oilers and work out a deal for Edmonton's 14th pick. Say, Lundmark and a second (or possibly more, I would assume). :dunno:

The Oilers have another first, from the Flyers and NO second round pick. Plus, Lundmark is from Edmonton, so, maybe they'll want to bring a local kid back.

Fletch 05-14-2004 02:33 PM

Mj...
 
I think Lundmark's the biggest bargaining chip. Purinton may be a filler, and I wouldn't be totally surprised if Lampman goes (don't ask why, just with Tyutin, and now Baranka, as well as college guys, and guys like Bouchard who can be picked up, I see Lampman as more of a commodity, but young and cheapq).

NYR469 05-14-2004 02:44 PM

if the bluejackets look to move down i'd definitely be interested in moving up to grab olesz, but it would really depend on the price. i don't want to give up an early 2nd round pick to just move up 2 spots.

E-Train 05-14-2004 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fletch
I think Lundmark's the biggest bargaining chip. Purinton may be a filler, and I wouldn't be totally surprised if Lampman goes (don't ask why, just with Tyutin, and now Baranka, as well as college guys, and guys like Bouchard who can be picked up, I see Lampman as more of a commodity, but young and cheapq).

If Lampman is moved, I rather it be because Pock is an everyday NHL defenseman and there is no room for Bryce, instead of a Bouchard type being picked up. Even with Pock, Lampman could be the #6 guy next year or the year after.

Unknownbutfamous 05-14-2004 03:08 PM

Id do

Rangers get: #4 overall pick
Jackets get: #6 overall pick + #48 (MON) overall pick


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:37 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.