HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Ny Rangers Draft Day Trades!!!!!!! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=78053)

Barnaby3636 05-15-2004 07:33 AM

Ny Rangers Draft Day Trades!!!!!!!

I have a feeling that the Rangers are going to be very very active in htis years draft, cause it might be the most important day in upcoming Ranger's history

They Have: 6th pick overall
24/25th pick overall
5/6 2nd Rounders

This is a lot to work with and now they have so many prospects some of them could go to

With the 6th pick overall if Cam Barker is gone by 4th I see us trading with CBJ A deal that would look like: 6th Pick Overall Early 2nd Rounder & Jason Labbarbera for the 4th Pick Overall and a 4th Rounder (And the Rangers will draft Olsez)

With Toronto's pick I definetley think that the Rangers are going to move down hopefuly to 10th With Atlanta a trade that would look like: 24th pick overall 2nd Rounder and Karrel Rachunek for 10th pick overall and a 3rd Rounder

What do you guys think??? What else could happen??

LETS GO RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SabresRule 05-15-2004 08:04 AM

i think they'll use 6th for a forward, dont know who. they'll trade the later 1st rounder, maybe with a player and move up a bit, or for a prospect.

most of the 2nd rounders will be traded away. depending on who's left tho, they may want to stock the system.

just my 'predictions'.

jdsrangers 05-15-2004 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barnaby3636
I have a feeling that the Rangers are going to be very very active in htis years draft, cause it might be the most important day in upcoming Ranger's history

They Have: 6th pick overall
24/25th pick overall
5/6 2nd Rounders

This is a lot to work with and now they have so many prospects some of them could go to

With the 6th pick overall if Cam Barker is gone by 4th I see us trading with CBJ A deal that would look like: 6th Pick Overall Early 2nd Rounder & Jason Labbarbera for the 4th Pick Overall and a 4th Rounder (And the Rangers will draft Olsez)

With Toronto's pick I definetley think that the Rangers are going to move down hopefuly to 10th With Atlanta a trade that would look like: 24th pick overall 2nd Rounder and Karrel Rachunek for 10th pick overall and a 3rd Rounder

What do you guys think??? What else could happen??

LETS GO RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have said it before and I will say it again. Sather will look to wheel and deal on draft day. He will use some of his picks to pick up some young wingers (RFA)that other teams want to move before they get to arbitration. Teams will accept a 2nd round pick knowing that they will have to pay a big salary or let the RFA walk and get nothing in return.

I will give an example R. Bonk. Do the Sens pay him 1st line money to play on the 3rd line on a team that is deep in centers? They don't want to lose him for nothing so they will look to move him to get a player for the future. The Rangers are one of the few teams with extra picks and willing to add salary since they dumped over $35M at the trade deadline.

Sather must go after young NHL tested players and not go after the older over the hill free agent. Their will be pleanty available and Sather must continue to build a team around some of the kids we have today, pick up some young tested player like Bonk, and a mix of vet players. The key is a blend or mix, not all vet players!

Your Thoughts! :banana:

Barnaby3636 05-15-2004 08:48 AM

I agree, which players besides for Bonk should we look at?

Barnaby3636 05-15-2004 08:53 AM

And what is that Nikko Kappanen thing????????

RangerBoy 05-15-2004 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdsrangers
I have said it before and I will say it again. Sather will look to wheel and deal on draft day. He will use some of his picks to pick up some young wingers (RFA)that other teams want to move before they get to arbitration. Teams will accept a 2nd round pick knowing that they will have to pay a big salary or let the RFA walk and get nothing in return.

I will give an example R. Bonk. Do the Sens pay him 1st line money to play on the 3rd line on a team that is deep in centers? They don't want to lose him for nothing so they will look to move him to get a player for the future. The Rangers are one of the few teams with extra picks and willing to add salary since they dumped over $35M at the trade deadline.

Sather must go after young NHL tested players and not go after the older over the hill free agent. Their will be pleanty available and Sather must continue to build a team around some of the kids we have today, pick up some young tested player like Bonk, and a mix of vet players. The key is a blend or mix, not all vet players!

Your Thoughts! :banana:

Why would the Rangers trade an asset and then qualify that asset if that asset is going to be not qualified by July 1?

Sure the Rangers dumped money at the trading deadline but they still have major money committed.Are you aware of that or are you aware the CBA expires on September 15 and all of the current rules will be changed?

Can we please wait and see how the CBA takes shape before adding any more money!!!!!!

Barnaby3636 05-15-2004 09:38 AM

Yeah, but what would Dallas (I think he's with them) Want for him???

Chaos 05-15-2004 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroTheHero
Niko Kapanen, defensive maestro with great vision, great passer, real good at faceoffs, perfect to centre a third or fourth line. Might be a selke finalist one day.

So we'd trade him for a 4th rounder? His value is low right now after a disappointing 2nd season...but remember he had a great rookie season. We're not gonna give him away because of 1 bad season.

Barnaby3636 05-15-2004 10:53 AM

I think that the Rangers may actually get this guy, if I am not mistaking it may have been someone else but the Rangers were talking to Dallas on Draft Day and I think it was about Kappanen.... I say 4th Rd Jeff Heerema To Dallas for : Nikko Kappanen & a 6th/7th Rd. What do you guys think?????

LETS GO RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Barnaby3636 05-15-2004 11:01 AM

Yeah, but this guy Heereemma had SOOOOO much press going into the NHL and hes been a bust ever since

Takeo 05-15-2004 11:24 AM

Martin Biron for a late 2nd? :dunno:

Chaos 05-15-2004 11:48 AM

Quote:

Yeah, but this guy Heereemma had SOOOOO much press going into the NHL and hes been a bust ever since

So of course we would want a bust for a potential Selke finalist....You gotta think of both sides when making a proposal......

rnyquist 05-15-2004 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Starsfan09
So of course we would want a bust for a potential Selke finalist....You gotta think of both sides when making a proposal......

While i will admit Heerema for Kapanen isn't fair at all, i wouldn't get crazy and refer to it as a bust for a potential Selke, i mean Kapanen was far from Selke this year.

jdsrangers 05-15-2004 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangerBoy
Why would the Rangers trade an asset and then qualify that asset if that asset is going to be not qualified by July 1?

Sure the Rangers dumped money at the trading deadline but they still have major money committed.Are you aware of that or are you aware the CBA expires on September 15 and all of the current rules will be changed?

Can we please wait and see how the CBA takes shape before adding any more money!!!!!!

RangerBoy, Teams are going to still conduct business. :handclap: The Rangers will trade "assets". They have a commitment to the season ticket holders. I have been a season ticket holder for 20 years and the team that ended the season is not the one that will be on the ice whenever opening night is next season or next. If it was the same group that ended the season I wouldn't renew and neither would 50% of the other season ticket holders. :eek: This teams still has plenty of work to do! :help:

Sather has a make or break summer to bring in young talent with the extra picks he has. This summer their will be more young players available because small market team will look to get something back for players they don't want to sign.

I still don't get your logic. The Rangers will trade a pick for a player like Bonk so they hold his rights. Teams will still be spending money ( even with the CBA cloud over the season)on good younger players, this is a chance for Sather to rebuild with a mix of 25 year olds to blend in with our young talent .

Sather has money to spend. He must spend it wisely. He knows that this summer is do or die for him and his reputation! :dunno: :banghead:

Barnaby3636 05-15-2004 08:02 PM

Thank You For Stepping In... Someone That Finnaly Knows Hockey! Holllyl ****tttttttttttttt

RangerBoy 05-16-2004 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdsrangers
RangerBoy, Teams are going to still conduct business. :handclap: The Rangers will trade "assets". They have a commitment to the season ticket holders. I have been a season ticket holder for 20 years and the team that ended the season is not the one that will be on the ice whenever opening night is next season or next. If it was the same group that ended the season I wouldn't renew and neither would 50% of the other season ticket holders. :eek: This teams still has plenty of work to do! :help:

Sather has a make or break summer to bring in young talent with the extra picks he has. This summer their will be more young players available because small market team will look to get something back for players they don't want to sign.

I still don't get your logic. The Rangers will trade a pick for a player like Bonk so they hold his rights. Teams will still be spending money ( even with the CBA cloud over the season)on good younger players, this is a chance for Sather to rebuild with a mix of 25 year olds to blend in with our young talent .

Sather has money to spend. He must spend it wisely. He knows that this summer is do or die for him and his reputation! :dunno: :banghead:

I don't get your logic.Do you know how many players will not be qualified this summer or how many how free agents will be available before training camp for bargain prices or will be available after the CBA is signed?

Radek Bonk?How many times have you seen Bonk play recently?The Rangers have had guys like Bonk who bombed in NY.Why tie up $3.5 million on Bonk when for that money you will be able to sign two players and not waste the asset on a player who will not be qualified.That $3.5 million salary slot becomes an asset when the NHL has some type of new economic structure.

In your world,aren't the Rangers part of the NHL?If they are,won't the Rangers also have to not spend as much money as they have in the past.

You were content to keep renewing your tickets for the past seven years with the trash the Rangers would put on the ice and now you are going to not renew them if they don't go out and pick up players such as Bonk.More trash

You my dear friend are a prime example of why the Dolans feel you can not rebuild in New York.Have some patience and see how things shake out this summer.

The Rangers have a committment to put a "HOCKEY TEAM" on the ice and not cobble together a bunch of "NAMES" dressed in Red,White and Blue.They have been insulting their customers with their slop.

I was a season ticket holder from 1991-92 to 2000-01.If the Rangers proceed in the right path,I will become a season ticket holder again.

RangerBoy 05-16-2004 08:03 AM

Quote:

Thank You For Stepping In... Someone That Finnaly Knows Hockey! Holllyl ****tttttttttttttt

Are you talking to me?

Aren't you the same guy with the BS Jacques Martin to the Rangers story last week? :help:

Enough said

jdsrangers 05-16-2004 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangerBoy
I don't get your logic.Do you know how many players will not be qualified this summer or how many how free agents will be available before training camp for bargain prices or will be available after the CBA is signed?

Radek Bonk?How many times have you seen Bonk play recently?The Rangers have had guys like Bonk who bombed in NY.Why tie up $3.5 million on Bonk when for that money you will be able to sign two players and not waste the asset on a player who will not be qualified.That $3.5 million salary slot becomes an asset when the NHL has some type of new economic structure.

In your world,aren't the Rangers part of the NHL?If they are,won't the Rangers also have to not spend as much money as they have in the past.

You were content to keep renewing your tickets for the past seven years with the trash the Rangers would put on the ice and now you are going to not renew them if they don't go out and pick up players such as Bonk.More trash

You my dear friend are a prime example of why the Dolans feel you can not rebuild in New York.Have some patience and see how things shake out this summer.

The Rangers have a committment to put a "HOCKEY TEAM" on the ice and not cobble together a bunch of "NAMES" dressed in Red,White and Blue.They have been insulting their customers with their slop.

I was a season ticket holder from 1991-92 to 2000-01.If the Rangers proceed in the right path,I will become a season ticket holder again.

RangerBoy :bow:

:teach:
I have been a fan for over 40 years.

I have backed this team through thick and thin.

I have been a season ticket holder for 20 years.

I don't agree with the way Sather has run the team BUT as a fan I support the players in Ranger BLUE. Its not their fault!

You don't get it. :banghead: I put Bonks name in my post just because he is the age of the players that I want Sather to build around. The team that finished last season showed that we have some good prospects..not great ones. I was at each game at the end of the season rooting for then to WIN & build confidence. I was not one of the "true" fans hoping they would lose so they would get a chance for the lottery!

You don't get it, sure you quote "Do you know how many players will not be qualified this summer or how many how free agents will be available before training camp for bargain prices or will be available after the CBA is signed?" No I don't know I don't have the inside info that you do! Don't beleive everything that you read! Teams are not just going to let 22,23, 24 or 25 year old player entering their prime being free agents! If you think that then you are 100% WRONG.

I will say it again for you: Sather needs to be proactive and get some kids with NHL experience that fit the 22 to 25 age to build a team around. Player will be availabe as you stated but teams will need to be compensated to trade them for something rather then send a message to their fans that we just dumped our players for nothing because we don't care about you the fan!

Players in their 30's will be available, tried that didn't work. We need to build with young players, Sather needs to conduct business and find players that teams will trade for picks.

RangerBoy, I want you to know that I want the team to rebuild & I will support them like I have for 40 plus years. Your Dolan sugestion..yeah right..you know my MO!!!

P.S: The coach that I would like to have for next season is Paul Maurice. What did you think I would say Iron Mike! :lol

Reaper45 05-16-2004 02:30 PM

Rangers could have Eric Belanger for the right price.

Ajacied 05-16-2004 02:35 PM

Quote:

Just an odd hunch... They'll use a low (4th, 5th) to get Niko Kapanen from the stars.

It would take much more than a 4th or a 5th in a weak draft to land one of the Stars few solid youngsters.

Ajacied 05-16-2004 03:06 PM

Quote:

Niko sure looked like he falled out of favour in the stars' system this season :P No more playing with quality player.

He's a center, he gets competition from Pierre Turgeon, Jason Arnott and Mike Modano. Not to mention Ott and Barnes who all have seen action down the middle. Niko Kapanen sure had a sophomore slump, but he definitely had some good games to show he hasn't completely fallen off the earth, add his rather spectacular world cup and his value is still something interesting. He also played a little better in the playoffs.. But yeah, his line got split up completely, Morrow played with Arnie and Guerin, whereas Lehtinen played about everywhere if he wasn't injured, mostly with Modano. He's rather small and isn't physical at all nor was he good at faceoffs, yet this were his tasks centering DiMaio and Ott on the Stars 4th line. His situation is kinda like Turgeon's, play him out of position or give him a whole different role that he isn't familiar with and they suck majorly. Play them where they feel comfortable and they flourish, Niko isn't exactly a versatile player.

Reaper45 05-16-2004 04:46 PM

Belanger had a subpar season this year, but is a great defensive forward, good on the draws and is great on a stopper line. I think a change of scenery will do wonders for Ebel, and the Rangers do need some youth. . . .

http://www.nhlpa.com/Content/WebStats/PlayerStats.asp

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/player...e?statsId=2471

Other Dave 05-16-2004 05:27 PM

Quote:

I agree, which players besides for Bonk should we look at?

Bonk is not likely to leave Ottawa for picks, nor does New York have the kind of player Ottawa would need in return.

MisterUnspoken 05-16-2004 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper45
Belanger had a subpar season this year, but is a great defensive forward, good on the draws and is great on a stopper line. I think a change of scenery will do wonders for Ebel, and the Rangers do need some youth. . . .

http://www.nhlpa.com/Content/WebStats/PlayerStats.asp

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/player...e?statsId=2471

3rd rounder for Ebel. Id love him, Ortmeyer, and Murray on a line

jas 05-16-2004 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterUnspoken
3rd rounder for Ebel. Id love him, Ortmeyer, and Murray on a line

I think Blair Betts will be the one to fill that role between Murray and Ortmeyer.