HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Larry Brooks: Anisimov had wrist surgery today (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=782227)

RangerBoy 06-01-2010 03:07 PM

Anisimov had wrist surgery today

Quote:

Rangers center Artem Anisimov had surgery Tuesday to remove a small bone chip in his right wrist. He sustained the injury May 23 while skating with Russia in the gold-medal game at the 2010 World Championship in Cologne, Germany.

The procedure was performed by Dr. Martin Posner at the NYU Hospital for Joint Diseases in New York. Anisimov is expected to make a full recovery in four to six weeks, and be ready to go by training camp.

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/slapsh...LGwNjlVjUDsfRJ

mullichicken25 06-01-2010 03:12 PM

wrist injury better not keep him out of the gym....get in there and start squating!

can you imagine anisimov adding 15-20 lbs of muscle?...he'd be scary

WhipNash27 06-01-2010 03:26 PM

holding a barbell with a bad wrist hurts like hell. He'll be out of commission for 1-1.5 months. That's still enough time to put on some muscle. There's also no way he's putting on 15-20 pounds in one summer without taking roids or something. He probably puts on 5 pounds at most this summer.

mullichicken25 06-01-2010 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DubiSnacks17 (Post 26088548)
holding a barbell with a bad wrist hurts like hell. He'll be out of commission for 1-1.5 months. That's still enough time to put on some muscle. There's also no way he's putting on 15-20 pounds in one summer without taking roids or something. He probably puts on 5 pounds at most this summer.

i cant speak for you guys but i think i'd look the other way....;)

SkerZ 06-01-2010 03:32 PM

Lets hope he can still put some musvle on that lanky frame. Arty 10lbs heavier would be a real good tthing

KreiMeARiver* 06-01-2010 03:36 PM

All he needs to do is go to Taco Bell every day for 2 weeks... he'll be a beast!

Ollie Queen 06-01-2010 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangerBoy (Post 26088183)

That's 4-6 weeks that he should spend doing nothing but squat press and HIIT. It kind of stinks that he won't be able to add much upper body strength this summer, because he could use it, but this just means he should be hammering the twitch muscles in his legs to improve his poor footspeed. A faster Anisimov with great leg strength could be a puck possession monster down in the corners.

beastly115 06-01-2010 05:36 PM

Doc needs to check out his eyes, too. Guy needs to keep his head up or he'll have a short career. He's already had his bell rung a few times.

Panfork 06-01-2010 05:39 PM

I worry about this kid so much.

I'll be honest, he was one of my favourite Rangers this year, and I've been falling in love with him since he was called up during the playoffs last year. The wrist thing seems non-serious and probably won't be reoccuring, he's a tough kid, but as the above poster said, I get nervous with those layouts he gets when he isn't looking forward.

Anisimov looks like concussion bait.

Garfinkel1 06-01-2010 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panfork (Post 26090595)
I worry about this kid so much.

I'll be honest, he was one of my favourite Rangers this year, and I've been falling in love with him since he was called up during the playoffs last year. The wrist thing seems non-serious and probably won't be reoccuring, he's a tough kid, but as the above poster said, I get nervous with those layouts he gets when he isn't looking forward.

Anisimov looks like concussion bait.

Yeah. Any with Pronger playing in the division he's a goner if he doesn't learn soon

Panfork 06-01-2010 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garfinkel1 (Post 26090657)
Yeah. Any with Pronger playing in the division he's a goner if he doesn't learn soon

I would love to say only for a few more years, but since he's still netting 10 goals and 50 points a year, I can only speculate to how long that ******* is going to be in the league.

To think I used to like him for being a Whaler and a Duck.

nyr33 06-01-2010 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DubiSnacks17 (Post 26088548)

i know a lot about putting on weight and muscle mass. he could EASILY put on 15 lbs in one summer. without roids...what is preventing it? unless he has a ridiculously small frame and metabolism, he should be gaining weight, he is way too light for his height.

i agree ani would be sick with the extra weight and strength but does need to keep his head up