HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Rumor: Muller offered Hamilton Bulldogs Head Coaching Position (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=783475)

RE-HABS 06-05-2010 01:04 PM

Muller offered Hamilton Bulldogs Head Coaching Position

Eric Engels has posted that a top source has told him that Muller has been offered the Hamilton Coaching job, so this would either open a door for Boucher to become a Montreal Assistant or the new Columbus Coach.

Muller is also on the short list for the Tampa Bay Coaching position too.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eric-...uller/82/28661

LyricalLyricist 06-05-2010 01:06 PM

Or...they already know Boucher is going to CLB. I think it isn't a matter of opening the door for anything. If they offered the position, seems like boucher is leaving.

le_sean 06-05-2010 01:07 PM

Would be a good choice for him. Instead of Carbo who went from Assistant to Head Coach with 0 Head Coaching experience anywhere.

Muller seems like a player's coach. The anti-Tortorella.

RE-HABS 06-05-2010 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist (Post 26147949)
Or...they already know Boucher is going to CLB. I think it isn't a matter of opening the door for anything. If they offered the position, seems like boucher is leaving.

Which is why I said opens a door for the Assistant job in Montreal, or because he accepts the Jackets job.;)

If Muller leaves for Tampa and Boucher for Columbus it will be a major blow to our coaching development within.

Bieber fever 06-05-2010 01:11 PM

I don't want boucher as a assistant-head coach in montreal.......specially with martin as a head coach.

NLHabsFan 06-05-2010 01:11 PM

I hope he takes it. Give him some experience being the bench boss, develop the Habs young talent and then (possibly) move up to replace Martin. I hope we don't lose him too. :cry:

LyricalLyricist 06-05-2010 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RE-HABS (Post 26147981)
Which is why I said opens a door for the Assistant job in Montreal, or because he accepts the Jackets job.;)

If Muller leaves for Tampa and Boucher for Columbus it will be a major blow to our coaching development within.

I meant there is no OR...he's gone.

RE-HABS 06-05-2010 01:14 PM

Well, according to Steve Hindle the Jackets writer he is stating that Muller has declined the Hamilton job and is mulling over a 2 year extension as an Assistant, and is waiting to hear about the Tampa Bay job.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Steve...cher/139/28659

Quote:

Update 12:50pm: According to Mr.Portzline, Boucher has not yet formally accepted the Blue Jackets offer and will be mulling it over the weekend. He will likely make his decision by early in the week.

I expect Boucher to accept the offer.

If he doesn't accept the chance to become the Blue Jackets head coach I can only imagine that it means that the Canadiens have other plans about how to use him next season, either as an assistant or, perhaps, the head coach in Montreal?

Update 1:50pm

It would appear that Boucher has seemingly accepted the position with the Blue Jackets as the Canadiens appear to have already offered the Head Coach job in Hamilton to Kirk Muller. According to Eric Engels, Muller has already turned down that offer and is now mulling a 2 year deal with the Habs and a possible opporunity to become the next head coach of the Lightning.

It's all very confusing just now, but given that information has leaked that Muller has rejected the job in Hamilton, that all but guarantees that Boucher has accepted the job in Hamilton.

Goldthorpe 06-05-2010 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist (Post 26147949)

I would tend to agree with that. But it's the weekend and we may not get the rumors in the right order, so I guess all hope isn't lost.

LyricalLyricist 06-05-2010 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RE-HABS (Post 26148061)
Well, according to Steve Hindle the Jackets writer he is stating that Muller has declined the Hamilton job and is mulling over a 2 year extension as an Assistant, and is waiting to hear about the Tampa Bay job.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Steve...cher/139/28659

I think he made a typo, the last thing should be "Columbus" not hamilton. Anyway, like i said, Boucher is gone.

TroyM 06-05-2010 01:17 PM

God I don't want to lose both of them -_-

Boucher would be bad enough but I hope Muller sticks around...

JHabs 06-05-2010 01:18 PM

Well this sucks big time. I think Muller would be a great Head Coach.

Habs 06-05-2010 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by le_sean (Post 26147967)
Would be a good choice for him. Instead of Carbo who went from Assistant to Head Coach with 0 Head Coaching experience anywhere.

Muller seems like a player's coach. The anti-Tortorella.

What exactly is so bad about Carbo's coaching record? Compare it to JM, and BG.

Originalsix 06-05-2010 01:21 PM

Why is this organization doing everything ass backwards?!! FML :shakehead

MikeyPeenz 06-05-2010 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yarfangor (Post 26148122)
Well this sucks big time. I think Muller would be a great Head Coach.

I totally agree Muller is going to be a Very good head coach when his time comes, his special teams experience and his communication skills especially with the younger players is remarkable. He is cool calm and collective and possess a good sense of the game. I really hope he does not go anywhere, he was a vital part of our playoff run.
Hope you stick around Captain Kirk!

vokiel 06-05-2010 01:29 PM

If Carbo is heading to New Jersey as some rumors say, I would bet on Muller joining him.

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/300084.html

RE-HABS 06-05-2010 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vokiel (Post 26148253)
If Carbo is heading to New Jersey as some rumors say, I would bet on Muller joining him.

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/300084.html

I can't see Carbo getting back to the NHL with his interaction issues between players, he isn't a players coach. And he failed with the Under 18's this year too.

Carbo is overrated as a Coach. Some guys are great players, but can't translate that over in a Coaching role.

Muller did that translation for Carbo.

WhiskeySeven* 06-05-2010 01:48 PM

So... Muller is either going to Head Coach Tampa Bay, re-sign for 2 more years as an assistant or go to Hamliton?

I sincerely hope Jacques Martin doesn't make us miss Muller and Boucher with boring, 8th-place hockey like we had this year.

Pascal 06-05-2010 01:51 PM

Re-sign.

Resign = quitting.

LyricalLyricist 06-05-2010 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pascal (Post 26148541)
Re-sign.

Resign = quitting.

I think people are aware of that. I think they just assume people know Muller isn't resigning for 2 years.

JackZap 06-05-2010 01:58 PM

WTF we are losing everyone..haha

gusfring 06-05-2010 02:24 PM

Why not replace Boucher with video machines? Lol

LeMAD 06-05-2010 02:25 PM

Eric Engels is not a reliable source.

Hugo Sham 06-05-2010 02:37 PM

as mentioned if all true this org, does everything ass ****ing backwards. just keep the old dusty skeletons in place molson..keep it up...keep losing the young innovators who can actually grow in the organization. **** you gauthier **** you boivin

coolasprICE 06-05-2010 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHill Seeker (Post 26149111)
as mentioned if all true this org, does everything ass ****ing backwards. just keep the old dusty skeletons in place molson..keep it up...keep losing the young innovators who can actually grow in the organization. **** you gauthier **** you boivin

lol.

Don't stress bro.

This is how I see it:

The old dusty skeletons will prove to us that experience wins.

Or,

We finish bottom of the league (prbly would need some injuries though) and we get a top draft pick... and this kind of result will prove the need for change that maybe this playoff run masked.

Win Win.