HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Minnesota Wild (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Speculation: Jordan Schroeder (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=784243)

nuckfan insk 06-08-2010 12:48 AM

Jordan Schroeder
 
very simple
would you trade for him, and what would you trade for him ?
4g 5a 9pts in 11 games after turning pro

GopherState 06-08-2010 01:02 AM

Would the Wild trade for Schroeder: My guess is no given they passed on him twice last summer.

Would I trade for Schroeder? No, I just had him for two years.

edgevolution 06-08-2010 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GopherState (Post 26185507)
Would the Wild trade for Schroeder: My guess is no given they passed on him twice last summer.

Would I trade for Schroeder? No, I just had him for two years.

:laugh:

on a serious note, i would love having schroeder on the Wild. He's a great player and has a nice fanbase here already. I don't what i would trade for him though.

this providence 06-08-2010 09:17 AM

Do not care for him as a NHL prospect. I wouldn't give up any meaningful assets for him.

nuckfan insk 06-08-2010 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by this providence (Post 26187667)
Do not care for him as a NHL prospect. I wouldn't give up any meaningful assets for him.

can you elaborate ?

this providence 06-08-2010 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dannoabram (Post 26188650)
can you elaborate ?

Like how?

I don't like him so much so that I would feel compelled to offer up much value for him. (i.e. first round pick or multiple early draft picks or even a some what valued NHL player)

His game isn't all that great and in my opinion won't project favorably in the NHL. Given where the Wild are, he's not a guy I'd give up anything to acquire.

nuckfan insk 06-08-2010 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by this providence (Post 26188855)
Like how?

I don't like him so much so that I would feel compelled to offer up much value for him. (i.e. first round pick or multiple early draft picks or even a some what valued NHL player)

His game isn't all that great and in my opinion won't project favorably in the NHL. Given where the Wild are, he's not a guy I'd give up anything to acquire.

what is it that you dont like so much ? i thought with a team looking to give the fans something to cheer for a talented offensive homegrown forward would be of interest.

GopherState 06-08-2010 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by codemanh (Post 26185896)
:laugh:

on a serious note, i would love having schroeder on the Wild. He's a great player and has a nice fanbase here already. I don't what i would trade for him though.

You have stumbled upon the problem. One, unless he comes back as a piece of a future Burns/Schultz/Backstrom/any other asset which I'm not naming trade it wouldn't happen. Two, I don't see why the Wild would be that infatuated with Schroeder given they already have a couple players with similar games. Don't get me wrong, he will be a good NHL player and the SOTD, but there are more pressing issues with the team that need to dealt with first.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dannoabram (Post 26189052)
what is it that you dont like so much ? i thought with a team looking to give the fans something to cheer for a talented offensive homegrown forward would be of interest.

That doesn't matter for the NHL team.

Jarick 06-08-2010 02:00 PM

Sure but I wouldn't give up a ton for him...too many question marks.

firstroundbust 06-08-2010 04:18 PM

nope.

rynryn 06-08-2010 08:25 PM

i'd part with sheppard.

GopherState 06-08-2010 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rynryn (Post 26196379)
i'd part with sheppard.

You monster!

rynryn 06-08-2010 10:30 PM

well sheppard's perpetually worried expression on the Canucks' bench would uplift my spirits every time we played Vancouver. Even if Schroeder didn't pan out here. :)

Jarick 06-09-2010 12:28 PM

He does always look like he's about to cry...and a lot like Ethan Hawke.

this providence 06-09-2010 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jarick (Post 26203873)
He does always look like he's about to cry...and a lot like Ethan Hawke.

I prefer it to be a "Buuu.... Buuuut... Somebody kicked ma Puppay *tear" type of face.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/imgs/dy...le_18243_2.jpg

GopherState 06-09-2010 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by this providence (Post 26204007)
I prefer it to be a "Buuu.... Buuuut... Somebody kicked ma Puppay *tear" type of face.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/imgs/dy...le_18243_2.jpg

You win.

TaLoN 06-10-2010 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by this providence (Post 26204007)
I prefer it to be a "Buuu.... Buuuut... Somebody kicked ma Puppay *tear" type of face.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/imgs/dy...le_18243_2.jpg

Sheppard has been making that face since he was 3.

bozak911 06-10-2010 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dannoabram (Post 26189052)
what is it that you dont like so much ? i thought with a team looking to give the fans something to cheer for a talented offensive homegrown forward would be of interest.

Every. Fan. Of. Another. Team. Needs. To. Read. This.

THAT DOESN'T MATTER.


:rant::rant::rant::rant:

nuckfan insk 06-11-2010 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bozak911 (Post 26229602)
Every. Fan. Of. Another. Team. Needs. To. Read. This.

THAT DOESN'T MATTER.


:rant::rant::rant::rant:

sorry didnt know you were still bitter over aj thelen and have something against guys from minny.....

simple questions (like my original post) need simple answers

not a pompus immature rant of a 5 year old

DrPP 06-11-2010 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dannoabram (Post 26240228)
sorry didnt know you were still bitter over aj thelen and have something against guys from minny.....

simple questions (like my original post) need simple answers

not a pompus immature rant of a 5 year old

Not only that. It does matter. Ovechkin is very much the exception with foreign players. For marketing purposes, which is part of sports, having a home town kid with a Minny accent would be a good thing. Wouldn't give too much for that and there is the possibility that the kid feels too much pressure in front of friends and family every night but it would still be a bonus for marketing. If you have two players with the same skills and one can't speak English and the other grew up in the shadows of your stadium, you obviously pick the local kid, IMHO.

rynryn 06-11-2010 09:40 AM

i would say the "hometown" angle would up their value for the casual hockey fan, which is who the ownership is trying to attract. It makes sense from that angle but most of the people on here aren't just "casual" hockey fans and so think it's a little insulting to list that as a reason for a trade. Maybe it's just a Minnesota thing--i notice that canuck fans are always proud of BC products and obviously the Habs like their francophiles.
Just leave that Hometown element out of trade proposals or we'll get all bent out of shape and become too distracted to respond rationally.

:)

keppel146 06-11-2010 12:52 PM

they just should have drafted him in the first place

bozak911 06-11-2010 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dannoabram (Post 26240228)
sorry didnt know you were still bitter over aj thelen and have something against guys from minny.....

simple questions (like my original post) need simple answers

not a pompus immature rant of a 5 year old

Okay. Then the answers are no and nothing.

Here's a counter proposal for you.

Wade Dubielewicz (re-signed for league min) + Colton Gillies for Mason Raymond.

Wade Dubielewicz and Colton Gillies are both from British Columbia. With this home town and home grown talent, the Canucks would have a feel good story of their own. It's a pretty equal trade, since we get back Mason Raymond, who played for the University of Minnesota - Duluth. Raymond was only a 51st selection, while Gillies was a 1st rounder (16th over-all) so that's an upgrade in and of itself.

After all, it must be tiresome to only have a home town star to cheer for in Willie Mitchell. Having Wade Dubielewicz and Colton Gillies on the Canucks roster would give "the fans something to cheer" about in GM Place.

Another feel good story would be to trade Burrows and your 1st in 2011 to Montreal for Gorges, Price and O'Byrne.

How do those trades work for you? :laugh:

GopherState 06-11-2010 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dannoabram (Post 26240228)
sorry didnt know you were still bitter over aj thelen and have something against guys from minny.....

simple questions (like my original post) need simple answers

not a pompus immature rant of a 5 year old

No it has to do with four out of five trade proposals this week having the main selling point being a local guy. I don't care where the player is from as long as he can play, but it gets tiring after a while to only see Jordan Schroeder and Tom Gilbert and Jordan Leopold and Brian Lee ones instead of players who might help the team. Hell I'd like to see you or another Canuck offer up a Bieksa package for the simple fact that at least it would be different.

nuckfan insk 06-12-2010 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GopherState (Post 26249445)
No it has to do with four out of five trade proposals this week having the main selling point being a local guy. I don't care where the player is from as long as he can play, but it gets tiring after a while to only see Jordan Schroeder and Tom Gilbert and Jordan Leopold and Brian Lee ones instead of players who might help the team. Hell I'd like to see you or another Canuck offer up a Bieksa package for the simple fact that at least it would be different.

it wasnt like i was asking for some huge return, you guys have seen him play a lot more then me, and for marketing reasons he could fit well. also you guys need scoring, he is a offensive player.
and as far as bozak911 suggesting gillies.......... lol no that was your mistake in drafting him far too high,


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:09 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.