HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Chicago Blackhawks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   When is the parade? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=785031)

PSUJorge 06-09-2010 10:53 PM

When is the parade?
 
Just wondering if they tentatively scheduled it ahead of time.

BlackHawkeye* 06-09-2010 10:54 PM

friday at 10:30 on Wacker and something.

hanrahan 06-10-2010 01:28 AM

post pictures and videos here from the celebration, please!:yo:

Teemu 06-10-2010 01:29 AM

Unemployment will reap its benefits on Friday LOL

Blackhawkswincup 06-10-2010 01:39 AM

Wish I could go ,,,,, Sadly I have to work

Jeffrey Lebowski 06-10-2010 02:06 AM

Parade starts at 11:30 from Wacker and Washington which heads east to Michigan Ave where there is a stage for the celebration. Should go to 3pm (all of this was said on NBC).

crimsonking 06-10-2010 02:20 AM

Any idea if a local TV station will televise, and maybe online?

1992LuckyTown 06-10-2010 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup (Post 26223065)
Wish I could go ,,,,, Sadly I have to work

Why do they have it in the middle of the day on a Friday why not Saturday or Sunday. Is it because the city donīt want to many people coming out to celebrate? Because when they did this in Detroit it was in the middle of a Friday to and it was like 1 million people out but the previous cup celebration in Detroit was estimated at 2,5 mil on a weekend so it will be allot smaller because allot of people will be working.

Mit Yarrum 06-10-2010 08:59 AM

Friday? That's a shame. I won't be in town until Saturday. I was hoping to see it.

Brad Gardner 06-10-2010 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1992LuckyTown (Post 26224692)
Why do they have it in the middle of the day on a Friday why not Saturday or Sunday. Is it because the city donīt want to many people coming out to celebrate? Because when they did this in Detroit it was in the middle of a Friday to and it was like 1 million people out but the previous cup celebration in Detroit was estimated at 2,5 mil on a weekend so it will be allot smaller because allot of people will be working...

There will be a lot of people working downtown at the time, it makes sense.

Trib has a map of the route. It's a shame the route is so short.

Amberelise 06-10-2010 10:38 AM

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?sec...cal&id=7489453

Apparently "surprises" will be in store for us attending. I think it will be bigger than you think. I believe nearly my entire office is going to spill out onto the streets to watch it. I would guess most offices will.

Amberelise 06-10-2010 10:40 AM

Also, the parade starts at 10:30 am.

enforcersrule 06-10-2010 11:50 AM

I hate my job for missing the game last night... but I absolutely love my GM for giving me tomorrow off (was supposed to have a 12-hour shift) so I could attend the parade/rally!!

Parade starts at 10:30 AM, with the rally being at 11:30...

krystalea 06-10-2010 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teemu (Post 26222984)
Unemployment will reap its benefits on Friday LOL

That is exactly what my husband said to me last night. He is hoping to make it downtown tomorrow to see it. If we can find a sitter for the boys that is :laugh:

It will definitely be something to remember!

Biolink 06-10-2010 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krystalea (Post 26229962)
That is exactly what my husband said to me last night. He is hoping to make it downtown tomorrow to see it. If we can find a sitter for the boys that is :laugh:

It will definitely be something to remember!

You should bring the boys :handclap:

Blackhawkswincup 06-10-2010 07:42 PM

I can go!!!!!!!!!!

I switch things up with someone at work

I am happy ,,,, Although 99% likely I wont be able to see anything

LarmerAmonteSeabrook 06-10-2010 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hanrahan (Post 26222976)
post pictures and videos here from the celebration, please!:yo:

No worries. I will! I'm meeting some of the same people I watched last night's game with at Daley Plaza at 9 am. Thankfully I live so close to downtown (4 blocks from the Halsted Orange Line stop).
Quote:

Originally Posted by crimsonking (Post 26223398)
Any idea if a local TV station will televise, and maybe online?

CSN is supposed to broadcast it online. I'd imagine it would be on WGN as well.
Quote:

Originally Posted by enforcersrule (Post 26228045)
I hate my job for missing the game last night... but I absolutely love my GM for giving me tomorrow off (was supposed to have a 12-hour shift) so I could attend the parade/rally!!

Parade starts at 10:30 AM, with the rally being at 11:30...

I felt SO bad that you had to work...Did you see the Burish video on Pronger? :laugh:

enforcersrule 06-10-2010 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LarmerAmonteSeabrook (Post 26236913)
I felt SO bad that you had to work...Did you see the Burish video on Pronger? :laugh:

You know, it wouldn't have been so bad if I'd been prepared to miss the game. But seeing as we had it on in the showroom and we haven't had any customers past 5 PM for almost 2 weeks now, I figured we'd cozy in to watch - maybe answer a few phones, but we'd see the game.

Wrong. My co-worker and my customers watched the game while I sat in the finance office doing paperwork. :cry:

But yes, I did see what Burish said - and I love it!!! All that much more reason to wear my Burish jersey tomorrow at the parade!! :handclap:

BlackHawkeye* 06-10-2010 09:52 PM

If anyone wants to record and post it i'm sure many would be greatful. Who knows if one of the sites will archive it.

rvdnsx 06-11-2010 08:25 AM

Anyone know if this is being televised? And if so, what channel?

Biolink 06-11-2010 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rvdnsx (Post 26241794)
Anyone know if this is being televised? And if so, what channel?

You should check WGN or Comcast Sports Net

As an aside a guy from another board posted this. Mostly for out of towners;


"Careful with that liquor. i saw cops ticket tons of people who were drinking beer in cans at the White Sox Parade in '05. the city is hurting for revenue so you can be sure they will be looking to ca$h in tomorrow. The people that argued with them about the ticket got chucked in the wagon and hauled into the closet lock-up.

most of the cops i saw issuing tickets were not uniformed either.
have fun but be stealth."

SlowSkates 06-11-2010 09:25 AM

WGN streaming it online:

http://www.wgntv.com/sports/hockey/b...ks/livestream/

sedag 06-11-2010 11:49 AM

Watching on comcast right now. All the players are knocking back red bulls and water except for Sopel who's hitting Bud Light. Here we go.

HawksFan74 06-11-2010 12:01 PM

Class move by Huet, they had the camera on him and he grabbed Niemi from behind him motioning, "this is the guy.."

DisgruntledHawkFan 06-11-2010 12:13 PM

Now bro.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:34 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.