HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Speculation: Plekanec will leave ... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=785417)

Bieber fever 06-10-2010 05:37 PM

Plekanec will leave ...
 
Hi ,

We are now less than 3 week from july first and plekanec is not sign yet. I think at this time , he will wait to see what he can get on the UFA market.......And obviously some GM will give him the money he want .


Plekanec will be hard to replace , but still good ridance ( specially if he asked more than 4,5 M$). That means we loose an other good player for nothing.....Did it worth keeping plekanec to get to the ECF ?

habsjunkie2* 06-10-2010 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotsauce514 (Post 26234414)
Hi ,

We are now less than 3 week from july first and plekanec is not sign yet. I think at this time , he will wait to see what he can get on the UFA market.......And obviously some GM will give him the money he want .


Plekanec will be hard to replace , but still good ridance ( specially if he asked more than 4,5 M$). That means we loose an other good player for nothing.....Did it worth keeping plekanec to get to the ECF ?

Slow down a bit here, Gauthier and Pleks might already have a deal in principle, and are just looking at other roster options to free space ect.

If I were Pleks I would wait and test the FA market, I won't lie, but I think Pleks is a hab through and through. I could be wrong, but I suspect a 4 year deal to him in line with Gio, Gomez, and Cammy

Quarantesix 06-10-2010 05:44 PM

That's not mean we won't sign Plek but don't be shock if he receive something like 5.5 millions a year, Gauthier will have to make choices and he don't have alot of options

CrazyShea 06-10-2010 05:44 PM

I know it will be really hard to replace him but i'm tired of his play in the playoffs or lack there of so I really don't care if we resign him. But I doubt we find any replacement near his talent

Goldthorpe 06-10-2010 05:45 PM

I don't see the habs signing Plekanec before the draft. They probably have plans to try to trade for a top-6, they want to see if they can do it before settling on Pleky.

Quarantesix 06-10-2010 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldthorpe (Post 26234530)
I don't see the habs signing Plekanec before the draft. They probably have plans to try to trade for a top-6, they want to see if they can do it before settling on Pleky.

Plekanec camp have "le gros bout du baton"(don't know how to say that in english) They know what Plek can have on the market and Gauthier will have to give him the money or pass on him

Goldthorpe 06-10-2010 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quarantesix (Post 26234576)
Plekanec camp have "le gros bout du baton"(don't know how to say that in english) They know what Plek can have on the market and Gauthier will have to give him the money or pass on him

Except that Plekanec wishes to stay in Montreal may actually be legitimate. It's the only place he knows.

Reportedly, Plekanec's camp demands are very high, in the order of 6M. I really don't see Gauthier giving him this kind of money. If they don't change their position, pursuing other options become more interesting; it may involve a trade, but it could also make our team better than we are with Plekanec. All this will have to wait for draft day, or around draft day.

Lafleurs Guy 06-10-2010 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldthorpe (Post 26234685)
Except that Plekanec wishes to stay in Montreal may actually be legitimate. It's the only place he knows.

Reportedly, Plekanec's camp demands are very high, in the order of 6M. I really don't see Gauthier giving him this kind of money. If they don't change their position, pursuing other options become more interesting; it may involve a trade, but it could also make our team better than we are with Plekanec. All this will have to wait for draft day, or around draft day.

He wants 6 mil? Where did you read this?

chpartisan 06-10-2010 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldthorpe (Post 26234685)
Reportedly, Plekanec's camp demands are very high, in the order of 6M.

Ouch, I guess he could aim for close to 6 on the market.

Habs should run a covert negative campaign throughout the league. The «little girl» comment alone should bring his value down to under 5... plus add the fact that he wears a turtleneck at all times and you get an acceptable contract at 4.5.

Quarantesix 06-10-2010 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldthorpe (Post 26234685)
Except that Plekanec wishes to stay in Montreal may actually be legitimate. It's the only place he knows.

Reportedly, Plekanec's camp demands are very high, in the order of 6M. I really don't see Gauthier giving him this kind of money. If they don't change their position, pursuing other options become more interesting; it may involve a trade, but it could also make our team better than we are with Plekanec. All this will have to wait for draft day, or around draft day.

I bet you Plek want to stay if they can pay him, the thing is at July 1st after Marleau he is the best center available some teams will throw alot of money at him

InglewoodJack 06-10-2010 06:17 PM

Habs might not give Plek 6Mill, but someone gave Gomez 7 a year for a long time, so someone is going to be shellin' bucks to Plek.

Analyzer 06-10-2010 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InglewoodJack (Post 26234995)
Habs might not give Plek 6Mill, but someone gave Gomez 7 a year for a long time, so someone is going to be shellin' bucks to Plek.

That someone is Glen Sather. He's notorious for being an idiot July 1st.

Gotta make a move for that big centre. Potentially, Carter, or Staal could be available, but you'd have to pay. If we did get Carter for one of the goalies, I'd do a ****ing backflip.

I don't know if have the wingers that would interest Pittsburgh for Staal.

shutehinside 06-10-2010 06:20 PM

If faced with plex at $6m or kovalchuk at $7.5-8m, I'm taking kovy assuming he wants to come.

Goldthorpe 06-10-2010 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy (Post 26234768)
He wants 6 mil? Where did you read this?

El cloun. So your milleage may vary. But anyway, it's not important, because we still almost have a month left. Plekanec's agent could be asking for the moon on purpose.

Analyzer 06-10-2010 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldthorpe (Post 26235047)
El cloun. So your milleage may vary. But anyway, it's not important, because we still almost have a month left. Plekanec's agent could be asking for the moon on purpose.

He calls himself El Cloun because he is one.

CareyClutch 06-10-2010 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shutehinside (Post 26235045)
If faced with plex at $6m or kovalchuk at $7.5-8m, I'm taking kovy assuming he wants to come.

Kovalchuk will get more then that(10m here or 14m oversea)

ScottFC 06-10-2010 06:41 PM

Call me crazy but i honestly rather Lecavalier & his baggage then Pleks at anything over 5

coolasprICE 06-10-2010 06:44 PM

I like Pleks, but we have Gomez --- too much of the same.

Plekanec + Gomez locked-up down the middle for 4 years min. = 13 M + = poo poo

Kimota 06-10-2010 06:44 PM

4.5 max.

InglewoodJack 06-10-2010 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Analyzer (Post 26235040)
That someone is Glen Sather. He's notorious for being an idiot July 1st.

Gotta make a move for that big centre. Potentially, Carter, or Staal could be available, but you'd have to pay. If we did get Carter for one of the goalies, I'd do a ****ing backflip.

I don't know if have the wingers that would interest Pittsburgh for Staal.

Yeah, Sather's wallet has a huge hole in it, but come July first, there are so many dumb GMs with millions to spend, if I were Pleks, I'd have dollar signs rolling back in my eyes, and wait till the monster offers flock like the salmon of Capistrano.

Hugo Sham 06-10-2010 07:06 PM

who said he won't sign? they were supposed to talk after the cup -- or days before it ended...curran his agent explicitly said pleks wants to remain..they have 3 weeks to get it done

Rahan 06-10-2010 07:08 PM

I'd like Patrick Sharp please, thanks!

buddahsmoka1 06-10-2010 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InglewoodJack (Post 26235615)
and wait till the monster offers flock like the salmon of Capistrano.

He has to get himself into the social pipeline first.;)

shutehinside 06-10-2010 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jason allison'fans (Post 26235168)
Kovalchuk will get more then that(10m here or 14m oversea)

Well then let's agree to disagree. I don't think any GM will pay him more than Crosby. Fortunately, until he signs, we re both right ;)

walsy37 06-10-2010 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HABSolutelyDbest (Post 26235364)
Call me crazy but i honestly rather Lecavalier & his baggage then Pleks at anything over 5

You are nuts. He's got 9 more years on a deal and he is in decline.

I would love to say that Pleks can take his 6 mil request and shop it to some other sucker - but you know what, some idiot GM will give it to him.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:26 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.