HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Kings Article: NHL's Norris Trophy should go to Los Angeles Kings' Drew Doughty (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=785493)

FrozenRoyalty 06-10-2010 09:19 PM

NHL's Norris Trophy should go to Los Angeles Kings' Drew Doughty

NHL's Norris Trophy Should Go To Los Angeles Kings' Drew Doughty

Gentle Ben Kenobi 06-10-2010 09:55 PM

Gann the man!

Beauty, eh? 06-10-2010 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gann Matsuda (Post 26237851)
"But Doughty not only got onto the ice, he quickly became Canadian head coach Pat Quinn’s go-to defenseman. Indeed, it was Doughty who was holding down the fort on Team Canada’s blue line in the most critical situations, at even strength, on the power play and on the penalty-kill."

Mike Babcock says hi.

Zad 06-10-2010 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beauty, eh? (Post 26239070)
"But Doughty not only got onto the ice, he quickly became Canadian head coach Pat Quinn’s go-to defenseman. Indeed, it was Doughty who was holding down the fort on Team Canada’s blue line in the most critical situations, at even strength, on the power play and on the penalty-kill."

Mike Babcock says hi.

ha ha. Indeed.

FrozenRoyalty 06-10-2010 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zad (Post 26239094)
ha ha. Indeed.

Hmm...how the hell did I get that wrong?

willie 06-10-2010 11:07 PM

I love Drew and all but I'd rather he not win until after he signs his contract extension...

Then he can win every single year. :nod:

Zad 06-10-2010 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrozenRoyalty (Post 26239306)
Hmm...how the hell did I get that wrong?

You probably inadvertently stepped on a slug earlier today, the incident came to mind when writing the article and Pat Quinn's name left your finger tips when thinking about said slug...it happens bro.

Telos 06-10-2010 11:25 PM

I hope he wins, he is getting paid either way.

JDM 06-10-2010 11:25 PM

Indeed.

FrozenRoyalty 06-10-2010 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zad (Post 26239581)
You probably inadvertently stepped on a slug earlier today, the incident came to mind when writing the article and Pat Quinn's name left your finger tips when thinking about said slug...it happens bro.

heh...actually, I know exactly how it happened. Someone mentioned Quinn to me the other day and for whatever reason, his name has been stuck in my head all week.

Hate when that happens.

Zad 06-11-2010 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrozenRoyalty (Post 26239929)
heh...actually, I know exactly how it happened. Someone mentioned Quinn to me the other day and for whatever reason, his name has been stuck in my head all week.

Hate when that happens.

Indeed.

dabeechman 06-11-2010 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willie (Post 26239408)
I love Drew and all but I'd rather he not win until after he signs his contract extension...

Then he can win every single year. :nod:

Hoping he doesn't win it for this very reason. That and I don't want him to get too cocky too quickly. He needs to continue to have something to strive for.

FrozenRoyalty 06-11-2010 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dabeechman (Post 26240303)
Hoping he doesn't win it for this very reason. That and I don't want him to get too cocky too quickly. He needs to continue to have something to strive for.

I wouldn't worry too much about that. After all, he still has that big, silver-looking trophy to win. :-)

Zad 06-11-2010 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dabeechman (Post 26240303)

Players like Doughty are self motivated. One, two or four Norris' won't be enough. Neither will one Cup. Being the best at anything is a continual journey that even when one reaches can only be touched for a fleeting moment.

Telos 06-11-2010 02:13 AM

Yeah, having the youngest player to win the Norris Trophy in NHL history would be quite a downer... Think of all the money and pampering to his ego a generational talent like that would require. A franchise's nightmare...

:sarcasm:

Lead Role in a Cage 06-11-2010 05:12 AM

Doughty was outstanding but Keith was great. This is his.

Cutty Sarkn3ss* 06-11-2010 12:14 PM

Am I Actually Hearing People Say They Don't Want Doughty To Win The Norris??

Wtf?!? Srsly? Wtf?

Shellz 06-11-2010 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cutty Sarkn3ss (Post 26244697)
Am I Actually Hearing People Say They Don't Want Doughty To Win The Norris??

Wtf?!? Srsly? Wtf?

It's the heat really.

BigBrown 06-11-2010 12:47 PM

I honestly think Keith should win it but the voting seemed to take place just as Keith was slumping and Doughty was lighting the league on fire so I like Drew's chances.

T2M 06-11-2010 12:57 PM

I hope Doughty wins too Gann, but throughout this entire article you can't give a good reason why Keith shouldn't. I think you also overrate Doughty at the Olympics. Toews was voted the best player on the Canadian team, and Doughty and Keith were the go-to defence pair. Not that Doughty wouldn't be a worthy winner, but there's this little matter of Keith standing in his way. That said, I think Doughty's on a serious learning curve and next year is going to scare people with how good he is. That, however, is the story for 2010-2011.

Telos 06-11-2010 01:00 PM

The only problem I see with Doughty winning it will be the pitchfork group that will emerge who will want to put on asterisk on his accomplishment saying that the NHL awarded it to hype the game today because of Doughty's age and that Keith was really the best. They would not be entirely wrong. The discussions are close, so the argument is warranted.

dabeechman 06-11-2010 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shellz (Post 26244965)
It's the heat really.

I want this post deleted! She just offended me! :laugh:

Randart 06-11-2010 07:19 PM

Trying for Once Not to Be a Homer...

I don't think Drew earned it this season... I think he is coming into his own and rising beyond all expectations and hopes. But do I think he is the best in the NHL right this second?

I really have to take into account the entire season, the good and the bad and the ugly. I just hope he keeps improving and he will win many of these personal honors and I am sure he will be leading our Kings to the promised land along with the rest of our young guns.

kingznut100 06-11-2010 11:31 PM

I think a theoretical argument can be made, just like the MVP, is would either Washington or Chicago have finished much lower in the standings without Keith or Green? The Kings would be a for sure bottom 5 in the league without Doughty. Thus the arguement is that Doughty is the best Defenseman out of the 3 nominated.

Zad 06-11-2010 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randart (Post 26251184)
I don't think Drew earned it this season... I think he is coming into his own and rising beyond all expectations and hopes. But do I think he is the best in the NHL right this second?

I really have to take into account the entire season, the good and the bad and the ugly. I just hope he keeps improving and he will win many of these personal honors and I am sure he will be leading our Kings to the promised land along with the rest of our young guns.

pfft. Hater. ;)