HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Minnesota Wild (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   There goes $4mil of the cap... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=785556)

TaLoN 06-11-2010 02:19 AM

There goes $4mil of the cap...
 
From the Strib...

Apparently Butch expects to be on the ice at the start of training camp.... The Wild are screwed.

Kari Takko 06-11-2010 02:21 AM

Since we can't trade him, we'd be well served to send him through waivers and re-entry waivers. That way half his salary would come off the cap.

TaLoN 06-11-2010 02:26 AM

I don't see them putting him through waivers though. They will try to play him from day one.

It would be a dream to waive him though... especially if some other team scooped him up and rid us of the problem!

thestonedkoala 06-11-2010 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TaLoN (Post 26240447)
From the Strib...

Apparently Butch expects to be on the ice at the start of training camp.... The Wild are screwed.

The Wild were screwed after the lockout really...It just was a prolonged death that took one too many seasons to really finish the team off.

I mean Parrish buyout, waiting on both Schultz and Bouchard's contract. Waiting on Backstrom's contract. Re-signing Zidlicky for that ridiculous amount of money. Trading for Kobasew. Trading for Barker.

I mean Backstrom's contract is taking up 1/9th, Zids is taking up nearly 1/13th of the roster.

Fel 96 06-11-2010 08:39 AM

I think it's a good news.

Lets hope he still can be the same before that injury. Only time will tell.

Otherwise, Tim Connolly v2..

Circulartheory 06-11-2010 09:29 AM

Bouchard is still a talented player. Yes, his contract is a hassle and him not playing the whole season sucked. But he is still a very talented playmaker.

rynryn 06-11-2010 09:43 AM

it's not like swapping a healthy scratch Robbie Earl for a LTIR bouchard is going to hurt the team. get a hold of yourselves.

BigT2002 06-11-2010 10:03 AM

they'll see where he stands. if not, no one is safe from waivers

nickschultzfan 06-11-2010 10:05 AM

It's funny how the cap turns the fans against their own players. I can say that because I am completely guilty of it.

Even if you don't like Plekanec, you can't say a 4.5-5m Plekanec wouldn't be better than a 4.1m Bouchard.

At this point, let's just hope Bouchard recovers 100% and comes back even better (ok, maybe not). I just pray that he was watching a ton of tape of himself over the past year, realizing that he needs to shoot.

Jarick 06-11-2010 10:29 AM

It's a great thing. Bouchard on LTIR is limbo, can't spend the money without the danger of him coming back and screwing up the cap, can't trade him, can't buy him out, can't send him to the minors.

I personally thing Bouchard can either try playing center between Havlat and Latendresse or could play on the third line with Kobasew. Either would be an upgrade over Ebbett/Earl/Brodziak.

paulica 06-11-2010 10:46 AM

Can't Bouchard play wing?

Lifer 06-11-2010 11:46 AM

This really is positive news simply because it gives Fletcher a much better read on what he needs to do in the next month. I expect they'll try him between Lats and Havlat but I like that line played with Brodziak in the middle. Maybe now Sheppard makes a move for a scoring winger to play with Bouchard instead of Koivu?

Which of the forward prospects have a shot of making the team?

State of Hockey 06-11-2010 01:59 PM

Good, there's 4 million saved from the cap this year. We need him contributing.

BigT2002 06-11-2010 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulica (Post 26242600)
Can't Bouchard play wing?

He can and that is where they ended up moving him last year because Lemaire concurred finally the man is atrocious at playing center. He cannot win face off's to save his life. Thing is, he freaking hates playing on the wing and he typically is out of position because of it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lifer (Post 26243381)
This really is positive news simply because it gives Fletcher a much better read on what he needs to do in the next month. I expect they'll try him between Lats and Havlat but I like that line played with Brodziak in the middle. Maybe now Sheppard makes a move for a scoring winger to play with Bouchard instead of Koivu?

Which of the forward prospects have a shot of making the team?

Wellman will be on the team next year and I wouldn't doubt Almond is as well. Almond will play 3rd line center if Brods goes to the 2nd line again. Thing is, Kyle has been quoted by Russo that he wants his checking role back and he isn't used to putting up those type of minutes and it was wearing him out. Bouchard between Havlat and Lats will be terrible and I don't really like him on the top line with Koivu and Bruno either.

Lifer 06-11-2010 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lifer (Post 26243381)
This really is positive news simply because it gives Fletcher a much better read on what he needs to do in the next month. I expect they'll try him between Lats and Havlat but I like that line played with Brodziak in the middle. Maybe now Sheppard makes a move for a scoring winger to play with Bouchard instead of Koivu?

Which of the forward prospects have a shot of making the team?

Not sure what I was thinking but I meant to say Fletcher instead of Sheppard. I may have been thinking of a trade involving Sheppard to try and pick up a scoring winger...

bozak911 06-11-2010 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulica (Post 26242600)
Can't Bouchard play wing?

Sort of...

Lemaire tried him at LW for a couple of games during the Florida road trip in 08-09. Bouchard looked absolutely lost at LW. He would spin to his right as he was coming down the left wing boards and scamper back across the blue line because there were... *gasp* players there instead of the wall.

Really, he's a good play making, right winger. That's about it. If he had a shooting center, you would see numbers like his year with Rolston.

BigT2002 06-11-2010 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bozak911 (Post 26246349)
Sort of...

Lemaire tried him at LW for a couple of games during the Florida road trip in 08-09. Bouchard looked absolutely lost at LW. He would spin to his right as he was coming down the left wing boards and scamper back across the blue line because there were... *gasp* players there instead of the wall.

Really, he's a good play making, right winger. That's about it. If he had a shooting center, you would see numbers like his year with Rolston.

We don't have that though. The closest is Koivu and he would rather pass it than shoot it too. Lats is basically the only one who wants to shoot :biglaugh:

bozak911 06-11-2010 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigT2002 (Post 26246764)
We don't have that though. The closest is Koivu and he would rather pass it than shoot it too. Lats is basically the only one who wants to shoot :biglaugh:

Exactly!

We need a Selke candidate, shooting center and Havlat to play LW to make Bouchard work.

Brunette - Koivu - Latendresse
Havlat - <insert impossible to get center here> - Bouchard

:win:

GopherState 06-11-2010 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickschultzfan (Post 26242172)
It's funny how the cap turns the fans against their own players. I can say that because I am completely guilty of it.

Even if you don't like Plekanec, you can't say a 4.5-5m Plekanec wouldn't be better than a 4.1m Bouchard.

At this point, let's just hope Bouchard recovers 100% and comes back even better (ok, maybe not). I just pray that he was watching a ton of tape of himself over the past year, realizing that he needs to shoot.

That's what I was thinking throughout the thread. Don't get me wrong, the money could be spent in a better way (it always can be), but this isn't Armageddon.

State of Hockey 06-11-2010 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulica (Post 26242600)
Can't Bouchard play wing?

Yeah, the question is if Bouchard can actually play center. He's hardly played a shift of center since the lockout.

grN1g 06-11-2010 05:41 PM

I wouldn't go as far as saying bouchard doesn't like to shoot... he has a great shot, and hopefully after a year off and watching his mistakes over and over he can come back next year and play top line with koivu and bruno. However i do see him being sent down to make sure hes ready to come back and if thats the case i hope it works out.

bozak911 06-11-2010 06:05 PM

It's for such a limited time (3 to 6 NHL games) that while worth it to get him back into game shape, I wonder if it even makes sense from a management POV.

TaLoN 06-11-2010 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fel 96 (Post 26241446)
I think it's a good news.

Lets hope he still can be the same before that injury. Only time will tell.

Otherwise, Tim Connolly v2..

He wasn't worth his albatross $4mil BEFORE his injury, what makes you suddenly think he will be worth it after?

rynryn 06-11-2010 08:27 PM

no telling how he'll play in this system. Bouchard playing > Bouchard sitting on LTIR no matter if he's only at Mitten's level when he gets back.

I'm psyched, actually...I'll give him five games leeway, too, when he comes back.

TaLoN 06-11-2010 08:31 PM

Bouchard retiring > than Bouchard playing or on LTIR.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:08 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.