HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Germany (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=185)
-   -   DEL: Getting to know the DEL (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=785958)

JPFT 06-12-2010 12:54 PM

Getting to know the DEL

Hey all,

I would like to get more familiar with the German league. So I got some questions:

- From when to when does the season run? And how many games is it?
- Is there a good site to keep up with the contracts? Like nhlnumbers... and if there's not can someone tell me what contracts Jeff Friesen and Derrick Walser of Berlin have?
- Is training open for public and when (what month) do they start?

I'm going to Berlin at the end of July, so :D

Oh, and how much is a jersey at the fanshop?

Thanks

fuechsken 06-12-2010 03:35 PM

A lot of questions :-)

1: The season starts in early September and usually ends in mid to late April. The past season had 56 games for each team, but since there is a lot of uncertainty about the number of teams next season it probably won't be the same. But regardless of the number of teams expect each team to play each opponent four times throughout the regular season.

2: www.eliteprospects.com --> here you should find all contract details, Friesen and Walser included. You won't find the player's salary there, but I don't know where to look for that kind of detail.

3: training sessions are usually open. I don't know when Berlin starts with the training, but July is probably too early. Most teams start with the ice training in August.

4: Berlin online shop --> there you go

JPFT 06-13-2010 04:25 AM

Thanks!

I don't really need to know how much money they make, I was just wondering how many years they had on the contract :D Very good site you gave me there :nod:

I'll see if I have time to go to the arena... maybe I'm lucky.

Also, don't know if any Berlin fan's are around here, but if someone could tell me the lineup I would really appreciate that.
And also, what's your thought of Friesen re-siging after the 10/11 season? Do you think he will?

Sealink 06-13-2010 03:08 PM

As it's about my favorite team, I'll add a bit of information, too.

I think that the summer-training of the Eisbären is held at the Wellblechpalast. So IF someone is already on the ice at the end of July for a regular training, it will be open for public.
During season it depends on if they are training at o2-world or at the Welli. In first case public won't be able to attend :(

Eisbären-jerseys cost 85 Euro. I don't know, if they ship outside Germany.
If you're coming to Berlin anyway, I'd wait until then and go to the fanshop at o2-World. Maybe they still have some last-season-ones for a lesser price.

This is, how the team for next season looks so far:
G: Rob Zepp, Kevin Nastiuk, Sebastian Albrecht
D: Derick Walser, Richie Regehr, Frank Hördler, Constantin Braun, Jens Baxmann, Dominik Bielke, Steven Hanusch
F: Mads Christensen, Florian Busch, Tyson Mulock, TJ Mulock, Stefan Ustorf, Jeff Friesen, Sven Felski, André Rankel, Alexander Weiß, Daniel Weiß, Laurin Braun, Patrick Pohl, Chris Hahn

There's still a question behind Steve Walker and/or Andy Roach coming back.
Personally, I think game 5 in the playoff-quarterfinals was Steve Walker's last game.
And Roach is rumored to have better offers than the one from Berlin...

That makes only 4 players without german passport so far...

Personally I'd like to see Friesen stay in Berlin longer, but how's the saying? "Money makes the world go round."
So, if someone's willing to pay him more than what he gets now, or if the NHL calls again, he'll be gone...

JPFT 06-15-2010 11:55 AM

Alright thanks!
Do you know what Friesen's contract is? And do you think the NHL will come knocking?

Oh and Constantin Braun is a forward, I'm a Kings fan, so... :D

ts 06-15-2010 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JacobPFT (Post 26298084)
Alright thanks!
Do you know what Friesen's contract is? And do you think the NHL will come knocking?

Oh and Constantin Braun is a forward, I'm a Kings fan, so... :D

Braun plays defense nowadays and is actualy a really good d-man, was a fixture on he blueline for team Germany at this years world cup, where they placed 4th.

Not a real DEL-fan but I don't think NHL teams will go after Friesen. If he leaves for the money I can see him go to Switzerland or the KHL. But I think the NHL ship has sailed for him (just my speculating).

Sealink 06-15-2010 01:53 PM

ts was faster.
---

About Friesen: As far as I know his contract was just extended for the upcoming season.
If I have to speculate about his chances to go back to the NHL: Only if he knocks on their doors himself and is willing to accept a two-way-contract...

I know he was a forward before but Constantin Braun is definitely playing defence now. I'm an Eisbären fan, so... :D

JPFT 06-18-2010 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sealink (Post 26299913)
ts was faster.
---

About Friesen: As far as I know his contract was just extended for the upcoming season.
If I have to speculate about his chances to go back to the NHL: Only if he knocks on their doors himself and is willing to accept a two-way-contract...

I know he was a forward before but Constantin Braun is definitely playing defence now. I'm an Eisbären fan, so... :D

Oh really?
Well, thanks for the prospect udate. :D

Kurrilino 06-22-2010 04:55 PM

Braun will be invited to team camp as always like the other young Polar Bears
just because Anschutz is the owner.
Wouldn't give to much on him. You find defenders like him dime a dozend in the lower leagues here in Canada

mexicohockey 06-23-2010 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kurrilino (Post 26425078)
Braun will be invited to team camp as always like the other young Polar Bears
just because Anschutz is the owner.
Wouldn't give to much on him. You find defenders like him dime a dozend in the lower leagues here in Canada

I actually saw him play a couple of times last season and he has matured and improved. Sure, the NHL will be a long shot, but he'll have an immediate impact in the AHL if he chose to come over. Watch out for his younger brother Laurin though, he might be an invitee to the Kings' rookie camp (or even a surprise dark horse 7th round pick at the draft).

JPFT 08-02-2010 08:44 AM

Great arena Berlin has.
I got some memorabilia from the shop, but didn't go in the arena other than that.

Looks beautiful from the outside though.

Should be fun to follow this team, especially excited about the European Trophy... the plan for 2012 sounds real good. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Trophy)

Berlin's so awesome :D I really love the city.

Edit: does anyone know if there's any official wallpapers for my desktop on the site? (I can read German, but I can't find them or they're not on :D)

Maverick41 08-02-2010 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JacobPFT (Post 27200727)
Great arena Berlin has.
I got some memorabilia from the shop, but didn't go in the arena other than that.

Looks beautiful from the outside though.

Should be fun to follow this team, especially excited about the European Trophy... the plan for 2012 sounds real good. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Trophy)

Berlin's so awesome :D I really love the city.

Edit: does anyone know if there's any official wallpapers for my desktop on the site? (I can read German, but I can't find them or they're not on :D)

Berlin is awesome. I was born there, but I had to move away with my parents when I was little. I'd like to go back one day, though.

I would like to help you out, but either I've missed something, or you didn't say on which site you were trying to find wallpapers.

If you are looking for official Eisbären Wallpapers. Try this:

http://www.eisbaeren.de/content/61.php

JPFT 08-02-2010 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick41 (Post 27202962)
Berlin is awesome. I was born there, but I had to move away with my parents when I was little. I'd like to go back one day, though.

I would like to help you out, but either I've missed something, or you didn't say on which site you were trying to find wallpapers.

If you are looking for official Eisbären Wallpapers. Try this:

http://www.eisbaeren.de/content/61.php

Wow... I didn't even click "multimedia" :laugh:

Maverick41 08-03-2010 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JacobPFT (Post 27208409)
Wow... I didn't even click "multimedia" :laugh:

Glad I could help. :)

JPFT 08-04-2010 06:25 AM

Do you also know if they put up highlight video's on the official site, like the NHL teams do?

Maverick41 08-04-2010 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JacobPFT (Post 27233831)
Do you also know if they put up highlight video's on the official site, like the NHL teams do?

I don't think so. Some seasons ago I found at least videos of some of the goals, but last season I couldn't find anything. They don't even show highlights on TV in Germany, so there probably won't even be good videos on youtube. But I believe you can watch some highlight videos on www.del-tv.org
I haven't really tried that myself yet. I have just watched the games that were broadcasted on Sky. But I think I will check it out next season.

Sanderson 08-04-2010 01:14 PM

They do have a selected few games on DEL-tv, but it works a bit differently than the NHL-highlights. You can't select a game you want to see the highlights of, it is organized like a tv-station, with each game having its set time when it is on.

So if you just missed the game you wanted to see, you have to wait till all the other games they have online are through, before your game comes on again.

JPFT 08-04-2010 02:03 PM

Ok, pretty neat. They're showing Scorpions - Panthers now.
Any chance they'll be showing Berlin's game against HIFK next week?

modano 08-05-2010 07:18 PM

No, they usually only show games of the DEL season and the German national team.

leaflover 09-05-2010 11:22 PM

nydr

Dipsy 09-28-2010 11:49 AM

ts of these players and all other and pictures you can find on the site www.zahlen-hai.com , theres not only cologne.

Coog 11-03-2010 03:12 AM

Hi guys, I recently got a spur of interest to check the status of hockey in European countrys where the sport is still in development. Hockey, I feel, should suit the german spirit and I’m allways interested in how you guys do in international tournaments. You got a respectable side now and I would have thought that the sport would boom in Germany by now.
When reading different threads in here that doesn’t seem to be the case? Lousy tv-covarage, no ice rinks to practise on, sad to say the least. But what I’m most intersted in is how the attendance is developing in the DEL? How many spectators at an avarage and are there any teams that draw really big crowds?

Maverick41 11-03-2010 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coog (Post 28704633)
Hi guys, I recently got a spur of interest to check the status of hockey in European countrys where the sport is still in development. Hockey, I feel, should suit the german spirit and I’m allways interested in how you guys do in international tournaments. You got a respectable side now and I would have thought that the sport would boom in Germany by now.
When reading different threads in here that doesn’t seem to be the case? Lousy tv-covarage, no ice rinks to practise on, sad to say the least. But what I’m most intersted in is how the attendance is developing in the DEL? How many spectators at an avarage and are there any teams that draw really big crowds?

Well these are the figures for this season so far:

Team Total Games Avarage
Eisbären Berlin 124,700 9 13,855
Adler Mannheim 78,045 9 8,671
Kölner Haie 69,059 8 8,632
Hamburg Freezers 43,899 6 7,316
DEG Metro Stars 36,002 7 5,143
Thomas Sabo Ice Tigers 43,058 10 4,305
Straubing Tigers 42,434 10 4,243
Hannover Scorpions 31,361 8 3,920
Krefeld Pinguine 36,288 10 3,628
ERC Ingolstadt 27,672 8 3,459
Iserlohn Roosters 30,085 9 3,342
EHC München 26,550 9 2,950
Augsburger Panther 14,510 5 2,902
Grizzly Adams Wolfsburg 21,432 9 2,381

Here is the link: http://del.stats.pointstreak.com/attendance.html

FAL 11-03-2010 08:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hope this works,

did a quick check on development of average attendance, which you should find attached. Berlin got a new arena, thus the significant increase. A few teams are stable, but unfortunately most experienced significant decrease of attendance.

Cheers,
Fal

Coog 11-03-2010 08:42 AM

Wow, that’s more than respectable – on par with the swedish SEL. Germany is of course a much bigger country than Sweden but with those spectator numbers I’m puzzled that no tv-network would consider to pick up ad package hockey in a decent way. Hell they got you interested in Handball, then everything is possible!