HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   May 19th Gas Boycott (OT) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=78683)

FrankieD 05-18-2004 03:30 PM

May 19th Gas Boycott (OT)

I don't know if any of you guys heard about it, but tomorrow (Wednesday May 19th) don't buy any gas. I'm starting to get sick of spending $40 a week on gas. Its time to really stick it to gas companies, so I ask my fellow Ranger fans not to buy gas tomorow and to spread the word.

deathbear 05-18-2004 03:32 PM

is this in canada too? im all for this.

ECL 05-18-2004 03:33 PM

Yeah. Hurt the guys like us who only make 2 cents a gallon. Hurt us and take even more sales away from us. Dumbass.

This won't do anything at all. It will just hurt your American workers who won't be making any money at all (we actually lose money on gas and only make it on repairs).

Good job.

(And yes. This WAS meant to be confrontational since I'm sick and tired of having the people who sell the gas take crap.)

Son of Steinbrenner 05-18-2004 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrankieD
I don't know if any of you guys heard about it, but tomorrow (Wednesday May 19th) don't buy any gas. I'm starting to get sick of spending $40 a week on gas. Its time to really stick it to gas companies, so I ask my fellow Ranger fans not to buy gas tomorow and to spread the word.

yeah 150 person boycott will really hurt the oil companies

FrankieD 05-18-2004 03:34 PM

yeah...I believe so. I heard it on the radio before and I really hope it works.

deathbear 05-18-2004 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reveille
Yeah. Hurt the guys like us who only make 2 cents a gallon. Hurt us and take even more sales away from us. Dumbass.

This won't do anything at all. It will just hurt your American workers who won't be making any money at all (we actually lose money on gas and only make it on repairs).

Good job.

(And yes. This WAS meant to be confrontational since I'm sick and tired of having the people who sell the gas take crap.)

yeah, thats a crime. 2 cents a gallon goes to you guys, absolutely unreal. where does all that money go?!

Son of Steinbrenner 05-18-2004 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deathbear
yeah, thats a crime. 2 cents a gallon goes to you guys, absolutely unreal. where does all that money go?!

toi the goverment. gas taxes bro

Slewfoot 05-18-2004 03:37 PM

Quote:

Won't you still be buying gas at some point this week ?

Melrose_Jr. 05-18-2004 03:39 PM

Maybe if the best selling vehicles in the US got better than 20MPG on average, rising fuel costs wouldn't be a "crisis" in this country.

Stick it to gas companies? How about sticking it to the drivers of the lumbering, inefficient, status symbol SUV's that plague our roadways? I fail to see how it's anyone's fault but yours that you bought a vehicle that you couldn't afford to operate.

FrankieD 05-18-2004 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reveille

Good job.

Don't get on me buddy. I heard this on the radio before, heard about it in school, and heard about it on a website. I'm really surpised you haven't heard about it yet.

Firefly 05-18-2004 03:45 PM

well i just filled up my tank this afternoon so i will be part of this boycott even though i didnt know about it or plan on it :dunno:

Sather Hater 05-18-2004 04:00 PM

Boycotting gas on Wed is pointless, sure they won't make any money on Wed, but everyone will stop for gas on Tues. or Thursday instead and it won't change the amount of gas sold this week. Cars have become a necessity of life, and we need gasoline to operate our cars, bottom line they can charge whatever they want and we have to pay it.

NYR2 05-18-2004 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sather Hater
Boycotting gas on Wed is pointless, sure they won't make any money on Wed, but everyone will stop for gas on Tues. or Thursday instead and it won't change the amount of gas sold this week.

Mmhmm. I can't see this having any kind of significant impact. :dunno:

ECL 05-18-2004 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deathbear

Price we charge for regular: $1.87
Price Allied Oil Company charges us for regular: $1.85

Where does it go? Taxes and to the fat cat's pockets.

Frozen North 05-18-2004 04:50 PM

I got an email today telling me to not buy gas from Mobile or Exxon. It said that it will cause them to bring their prices down, and the smaller companies will be forced to bring their prices down to stay competitive...

I thought it was one of the dumbest things i've ever heard...especially since there isn't an Exxon or Mobile Station for hundreds of miles from here...

Face it folks...There is no way for everybody to "unite" and "force the Oil Companies to lower prices".

If it really bothers everybody that much, try carpooling, walking to the store, mow your lawn once a month, etc, etc, etc...

:shakehead

Bluenote13 05-18-2004 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr.
Maybe if the best selling vehicles in the US got better than 20MPG on average, rising fuel costs wouldn't be a "crisis" in this country.

Stick it to gas companies? How about sticking it to the drivers of the lumbering, inefficient, status symbol SUV's that plague our roadways? I fail to see how it's anyone's fault but yours that you bought a vehicle that you couldn't afford to operate.

:handclap:

I heard an interesting fact the other day. In 1974(the year i was born), the average car on US highways was getting 20MPG. Thirty years later thats up to 22MPG. Even the Ranger's made better progress in thirty years....ok, it's debatable ;)

The elctric-gas cars are the way to go.

Son of Steinbrenner 05-18-2004 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluenote13
:handclap:

I heard an interesting fact the other day. In 1974(the year i was born), the average car on US highways was getting 20MPG. Thirty years later thats up to 22MPG. Even the Ranger's made better progress in thirty years....ok, it's debatable ;)

The elctric-gas cars are the way to go.

we did win a cup

Bluenote13 05-18-2004 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner
we did win a cup

It's so funny, you defend this organization like you own it.

I was joking Francis, lighten up ;)

BobMarleyNYR 05-18-2004 05:12 PM

Quote:

Want more gas? Petition Curious George to bomb some other oil-rich nation! :lol: :teach:

Son of Steinbrenner 05-18-2004 05:14 PM

Quote:

It's so funny, you defend this organization like you own it.

I was joking Francis, lighten up ;)

no kidding! wow i didn't realize you were kidding around.

Bluenote13 05-18-2004 05:15 PM

Quote:

no kidding! wow i didn't realize you were kidding around.

Hey it's hard to tell, i laugh at almost all of your posts :D

Son of Steinbrenner 05-18-2004 05:16 PM

Quote:

Hey it's hard to tell, i laugh at almost all of your posts :D

likewise.

Bluenote13 05-18-2004 05:32 PM

Quote:

likewise.

Just giving you the business for always defending the organization, don't get so p*ssed off - cursing at me in private messages is pretty lame. :thumbd: