HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Protective Pants (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=786849)

Monsignor 06-15-2010 02:05 PM

Protective Pants

All,

In my last 2 outings I have had 3 incredibly hard falls landing right on my tailbone. Last nights fall knocked me out of the rest of the game not to mention slowing me down dramatically today.

That said I am looking for some pants that offer superior protection for the tailbone area. Currently I am using CCM 08 pants.

In using the SEARCH feature here (you're welcome ;) ) I saw that TACKLA seems to be a favorite. That said I don't recall seeing TACKLA being sold in the Dallas, TX area (unless I am missing something). Although I don't mind shopping on line I would rather try on pants that are new to me for sizing and such.

I have Reebok, Easton, Mission, CCM, etc. readily available in my market.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Jarick 06-15-2010 03:21 PM

Pretty much anything top end would help, Reeboks are very good in the tailbone, Mission made great stuff too. And there's always eBay.

thedonger 06-15-2010 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monsignor (Post 26299140)
All,

In my last 2 outings I have had 3 incredibly hard falls landing right on my tailbone. Last nights fall knocked me out of the rest of the game not to mention slowing me down dramatically today.

That said I am looking for some pants that offer superior protection for the tailbone area. Currently I am using CCM 08 pants.

In using the SEARCH feature here (you're welcome ;) ) I saw that TACKLA seems to be a favorite. That said I don't recall seeing TACKLA being sold in the Dallas, TX area (unless I am missing something). Although I don't mind shopping on line I would rather try on pants that are new to me for sizing and such.

I have Reebok, Easton, Mission, CCM, etc. readily available in my market.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

you're currently using ccm v08's? imho, you're not gonna find anything much beefier in the tailbone area than that. had a chance to try on the tackla 9000z's (US/thai made version) and eagle x88's, and neither of them had as much butt/tailbone padding as the v08's, imo. can't speak for warrior hustler, reebok or easton though.
mission fuel 110 isn't too shabby in that area though.

vinogradov8 06-15-2010 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thedonger (Post 26301267)
you're currently using ccm v08's? imho, you're not gonna find anything much beefier in the tailbone area than that. had a chance to try on the tackla 9000z's (US/thai made version) and eagle x88's, and neither of them had as much butt/tailbone padding as the v08's, imo. can't speak for warrior hustler, reebok or easton though.
mission fuel 110 isn't too shabby in that area though.

Yeah im using V08's right now too! They have some HEAVY (meaning good, the pants are light) padding on the tailbone, the guy must be falling too hard somehow.

Monsignor 06-15-2010 05:46 PM

Thank you for your replies... and I was mistaken. I have the CCM V06 and not the V08 pants (and also are not the U+ Series - these are older than the U+).

After some research and shopping around I bought a pair of the Easton Stealth S19 pants. The offer exceptional spine/tailbone protection and are considerably beefier than my CCM's.

Thanks again for your replies.

bp spec 06-16-2010 05:08 PM

I'm using the CCM v08 pant to, and I've never hurt my tailbone, just hurting my hip several times when falling.

Monsignor 06-16-2010 06:17 PM

Mine are the V06 and not V08.... I made an error in my original posting...

TBLfan 06-26-2010 01:32 PM

If you're looking for Tackla search for Eagle, same pants.

Pretty much all tailbone padding is the same... or worse. The exception is the Tacks(652 and up) or 520 pro series which is probably the best tail bone protection available.

jsykes 06-26-2010 06:10 PM

Anyone compare the tailbone and butt protection of the new U+Pro and Fit09?

I have seen the pro and they are very beefy in the butt area and I like that (for some reason that seems to be the only place I ever fall), but I dont know that I need the rest of the level of that pant. The big point made in the catalogs seems to be the better material the Pro is made out of (much thicker and sturdier material).

The 09 is a decent amount less expensive, but I have no way to see them in person (the LHS only carries the pro). Has anyone seen them and can comment on the amount of tailbone protection between the two? If it has the same amount of protection I'll go with them, otherwise pony up for the pro. If its only the material I hate to pay the extra for the pro.

Thanks.

SpringfieldSkins 06-26-2010 11:20 PM

I have CCM V10 pants and shins. Any time I fall, it's like falling on pillows. They are definitely pretty beefy and I might be looking for shins that aren't so bulky as I think the shins might hinder my movement. I like the pants though.