HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Minnesota Wild (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Michael Russo: Another Year of Greenlay and Terhaar (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=786937)

this providence 06-15-2010 05:33 PM

Another Year of Greenlay and Terhaar

Quote:

#mnwild has offered contracts to its TV and radio announcers; they should all be signed by the end of the week
Russo Twitter

:loony:

Guess that just means the mute button will be in play for me once again for road games thanks to you Terhaar.

State of Hockey 06-15-2010 06:40 PM

Hopefully that will be the worst news of the postseason. I so hate their terrible work as broadcasters. Why can't the "greatest fans" receive the greatest announcers?

GopherState 06-15-2010 06:45 PM

I blame Dana White.

CT* 06-15-2010 08:13 PM

Meh, I don't mind them too much. I've always thought some of the stuff they said, especially when Gorg is around is mildly funny.

rynryn 06-15-2010 09:16 PM

i don't really mind them; certainly not the worst i've listened to. While it would seem obvious what that little news blurb meant, it does leave a little room for the imagination. It doesn't say "their incumbent announcers" or name anyone by name. Could mean they interviewed/selected new people and offered them contracts. :)

CT* 06-15-2010 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rynryn (Post 26307019)
i don't really mind them; certainly not the worst i've listened to. While it would seem obvious what that little news blurb meant, it does leave a little room for the imagination. It doesn't say "their incumbent announcers" or name anyone by name. Could mean they interviewed/selected new people and offered them contracts. :)

It says it offered contracts to its tv and radio announcers, I don't think that really leaves much room for discussion open?

rynryn 06-15-2010 10:43 PM

ha, he cleaned up his original:

Quote:

--Also, the Wild has offered two-year contract extensions to television announcers Dan Terhaar and Mike Greenlay and radio announcers Bob Kurtz and Tom Reid. All four should be signed by the end of the week, Wild VP of Communications and broadcasting Bill Robertson said.
http://www.startribune.com/sports/wi.../96419974.html

GopherState 06-15-2010 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT (Post 26306083)
Meh, I don't mind them too much. I've always thought some of the stuff they said, especially when Gorg is around is mildly funny.

It's just sad going from Mike Goldberg to these guys, plus the fact that Bombadir and (to some extent) Darby don't add much analysis from a players' perspective (which is their job) dooms things in my eyes.

State of Hockey 06-16-2010 01:34 AM

Ugh, two more years of those buffoons. Even bottom feeders in the deep South can get competent broadcasters.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GopherState (Post 26308441)
It's just sad going from Mike Goldberg to these guys, plus the fact that Bombadir and (to some extent) Darby don't add much analysis from a players' perspective (which is their job) dooms things in my eyes.

Yep, and instead of replacing Reid with an equal TV analyst they had to go down to Greenlay. But in Greenlay's defense, he was a lot better with Goldberg. He actually had a bit of passion for his job back then and didn't have to deal with Terhaar. Heck, even McConnell was better than Terhaar.

Jarick 06-16-2010 10:05 AM

I don't really care, I'm more concerned with the on ice product.

bozak911 06-16-2010 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jarick (Post 26312433)
I don't really care, I'm more concerned with the on ice product.

Wholeheartedly agree.

I've listened to the Atlanta, Carolina, Tampa, Florida, LA, Anaheim, and Phoenix broadcasters a lot.

Try those groups if you think Terhaar and Greenlay suck. Half of those guys don't even know what an offsides call is, and they have a job either doing play-by-play or color.

When I was watching an LA feed, my wife was worried about me to the point where she changed the channel because I looked as if I were looking for the nearest brick wall...

Jarick 06-16-2010 10:21 AM

Yeah intermissions are for getting another beer and some food ready. Hell, I usually start the game an hour late and FF'd through them anyway.

State of Hockey 06-16-2010 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bozak911 (Post 26312567)
I've listened to the Atlanta, Carolina, Tampa, Florida, LA, Anaheim, and Phoenix broadcasters a lot.

Try those groups if you think Terhaar and Greenlay suck. Half of those guys don't even know what an offsides call is, and they have a job either doing play-by-play or color.

When I was watching an LA feed, my wife was worried about me to the point where she changed the channel because I looked as if I were looking for the nearest brick wall...

I'll take all those bolded, without blinking an eye, over our clowns. Miller and Fox in LA are two of the best in the business. In fact almost every one I have bolded has at least one broadcast member that will contribute on Versus. VS isn't going to grab Terhaar or Greenlay anytime soon.

TaLoN 06-16-2010 07:05 PM

Horrible news! :banghead:

firstroundbust 06-16-2010 09:49 PM

Terhaar is unbearable.

rynryn 06-16-2010 10:04 PM

terhaarble news.

djp4516 06-16-2010 10:57 PM

I think Forslund is fantastic and I'd love for us to pluck him from Carolina at some point. It's got to be a pretty attractive job, tremendous fan base, always a packed house with lots of excitement.

They signed 2 year deals, so we've got an additional year with these clowns :/