HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Rangers' Top 20 Prospects POLL (#17) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=78713)

bmoak 05-18-2004 05:50 PM

Rangers' Top 20 Prospects POLL (#17)

Lampman wins the coveted number sixteen spot in one of the closest battles in these polls. Everyone in the poll got at least one vote this round, but four new guys jump in this round.

The Rangers' propsect rankings are as follows:

1) Fedor Tjutin
2) Henrik Lundqvist
3) Josef Balej
4) Hugh Jessiman
5) Thomas Pock
6) Petr Prucha
7) Maxim Kondratiev
8) Jarkko Immonen
9) Ivan Baranka
10) Garth Murray
11) Nigel Dawes
12) David Liffiton
13) Dominic Moore
14) Marcus Jonasen
15) Dwight Helminen
16) Bryce Lampman

Who is the Rangers' #17 Prospect?

Larry Melnyk 05-18-2004 06:48 PM

Wow, Lampman really surprises me...One of the few players I don't think will amount to anything....Giroux once again...And people next year are gonna think he was underated...

Bird Law 05-18-2004 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk
Wow, Lampman really surprises me...One of the few players I don't think will amount to anything....Giroux once again...And people next year are gonna think he was underated...

He might be in our top 10 next year while Roche will be in our top 5, IMHO. Roche should've been higher. A lot. And he's not even chosen yet.

jas 05-18-2004 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reveille
He might be in our top 10 next year while Roche will be in our top 5, IMHO. Roche should've been higher. A lot. And he's not even chosen yet.

To be honest, I think part of the reason is that Roche is somewhat of an unknown to many of us here. Most of my opinion is based upon what I've read and, to a lesser degre, what I've seen. Plus, many people have different criteria for how they vote. Is is the player most likely to reach the NHL, or is it the player with the most upside, or is it which player is most likely to reach his upside. If we are talking about sheer potential, then Jessiman HAS to be the top prospect. But, Tyutin, Balej and Lundquist all went higher, probably due to the fact that they are all closer to realising their potential than Jessiman is.. If anything, I think these debates have brought to light that this organization is far ahead of where it was in terms of prospects before sather took over. yes, it needs a couple of high end picks in the upcoming draft, but, I think solid depth is there.

Bird Law 05-18-2004 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jas
To be honest, I think part of the reason is that Roche is somewhat of an unknown to many of us here. Most of my opinion is based upon what I've read and, to a lesser degre, what I've seen. Plus, many people have different criteria for how they vote. Is is the player most likely to reach the NHL, or is it the player with the most upside, or is it which player is most likely to reach his upside. If we are talking about sheer potential, then Jessiman HAS to be the top prospect. But, Tyutin, Balej and Lundquist all went higher, probably due to the fact that they are all closer to realising their potential than Jessiman is.. If anything, I think these debates have brought to light that this organization is far ahead of where it was in terms of prospects before sather took over. yes, it needs a couple of high end picks in the upcoming draft, but, I think solid depth isd there.

I completely agree. That's why I'm getting his name out. Next year Roche will make heads turn in the league. He shined as a freshman this year and it will only get better if you ask me.

Larry Melnyk 05-19-2004 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reveille

Personally, I would have had Roche somewhere in the 10-15 range but I had to keep voting for Moore and Giroux as they got pushed down the ladder!!

These have been good discussions and fun rankings and, most of all, like the JAS man said, it really does show how far the prospect base has come in the last 3 months....Yeah, it's not at the top, but it looks damn healthy right now with a great influx on the way...

Rangers_23 05-19-2004 09:39 AM

Voted for Giroux, I was impressed with him once he came over. Don't know enough about Roche, but he did have a fine freshman season.

True Blue 05-19-2004 09:50 AM

I don't know why, but Kozak intrigues me. Maybe he won't turn out to be much more than an AHL goon, but he does seem to have some skill. He was taken in the 2nd round of a very deep draft. I think the kid has at least some potential.

BobMarleyNYR 05-19-2004 01:47 PM

Giroux OR Wiseman... Wiseman is older which I suppose lowers his stock somewhat.

Prucha73 05-19-2004 01:58 PM

21 votes for Giroux?? I am not even sure he will make NHL.

Blueshirt13 05-19-2004 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prucha73
21 votes for Giroux?? I am not even sure he will make NHL.

Chances are that half of our top 25 prospects will spend at most 5 games in NHL uniforms. That is part of the process of trying out prospects. Some people have amazing AHL/WHL/OHL careers but just can't cut it in the NHL. These are just projections, guesses and well, hopes.

Prucha73 05-19-2004 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blueshirt13
Chances are that half of our top 25 prospects will spend at most 5 games in NHL uniforms. That is part of the process of trying out prospects. Some people have amazing AHL/WHL/OHL careers but just can't cut it in the NHL. These are just projections, guesses and well, hopes.

Depends on how serious management is about rebuilding.

bmoak 05-19-2004 07:27 PM

Moving on to the next round.