HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   How Long is the wait exactley..... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=787449)

HF fan* 06-16-2010 11:30 PM

How Long is the wait exactley.....

So Ive always wondered how long it would be to buy habs season tickets. I thought the waiting list of fans was 1,000, however, this page says otherwise. Anyone know if this is accurate or not.....http://www.seasonticketwaitinglist.com/

JMMR 06-17-2010 08:24 AM

I have been waiting for over 3+ years still no offer for me yet.

cedouimet 06-17-2010 08:39 AM

its weird because we got ours 3 years ago...just before the off-season game started...without having to wait.

in the grey though

Galchenyuk94 06-17-2010 09:00 AM

When I got on the waiting list 2 years ago, the guy told me to expect to wait around 10 years.

llamateizer 06-17-2010 09:12 AM

wush
i think you pay 39$ for administration fee per year
plus 100$ deposit/year who is not refundable but can be used to buy season tickets?

but can you know what is your rank ?

Galchenyuk94 06-17-2010 09:15 AM

You pay an initial something like 40-50 bucks I can't remember to get on the waiting list.

Then 40 bucks a year to stay on it, but that money is credited to the season tickets when it is finally your turn.

Georges Gorges 06-17-2010 09:43 AM

I have been waiting for 2 years for 2 white tickets. When I decided to get season tickets, the waiting lists for blue or gray tickets were closed since they were full.

At that time the guy told me to expect at least 5 to 6 years.

The problem now is that the tickets' price is increasing each year and I am not too sure if I am still ready to pay a few 1k to have two white tickets that can be located in a corner, in the row just under the grey section. I find the difference of the tickets' price between grey and white ridiculous. :shakehead

At least, when you're waiting on the list, you have priority on 4 tickets ate the beginning of each season.

Captain Gorges 06-17-2010 10:17 AM

Once a year, you get a summary of your current rank in each group you applied for.
For exemple, i am on the list for half-season greys and whites, and full-season greys.

Lets say my turn comes on the half-season greys first, i will then apply for "relocation" to get full-season greys. According to my account manager (the guy my 39$ pays for:shakehead), relocations are dealt with first.

So if you want reds, and the waiting line is 2000 persons, while the waiting line for white is 500 (we all know that's not accurate); you are much better applying for whites also, and ask for a relocation to reds when you get them. (Once again, according to my account guy)

So, this means a lot of people are applying for multiple groups (like me). So once it gets to my turn on one of the groups (and i take that offer), it will take me off the line of other groups as well.

Georges Gorges 06-17-2010 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Gorges (Post 26328137)
Once a year, you get a summary of your current rank in each group you applied for.
For exemple, i am on the list for half-season greys and whites, and full-season greys.

Lets say my turn comes on the half-season greys first, i will then apply for "relocation" to get full-season greys. According to my account manager (the guy my 39$ pays for:shakehead), relocations are dealt with first.

So if you want reds, and the waiting line is 2000 persons, while the waiting line for white is 500 (we all know that's not accurate); you are much better applying for whites also, and ask for a relocation to reds when you get them. (Once again, according to my account guy)

So, this means a lot of people are applying for multiple groups (like me). So once it gets to my turn on one of the groups, it will take me off the line of other groups as well.

Wow ! According to my account manager, you can't do that, because it could be a way to "bypass" other persons.

You can be on a few lists, but the way he explained me is that if you don't take the offer they give you when it is your turn, you lose your place on the waiting list:

For example:

-Number 234 for red tickets
-Number 1 for white half-tickets
-Number 34 for white tickets

If they offer me the white half-tickets and I say "no" (because I am not that far away to get red or white complete season tickets), I will go back to the end of that particular list, but I won't lose my place in the white complete season tickets:

-Number 234 for red tickets
-Number 567 for white half-tickets
-Number 34 for white tickets

2 years later...

-Number 174 for red tickets
-Number 399 for white half-tickets
-Number 1 for white tickets

If they offer me white tickets in the corner, just below the Molson Ex's section, I can't say: "Hell no ! I pass and I will take the next tickets". They will just put you at the end of the complete white tickets.

-Number 174 for red tickets
-Number 399 for white half-tickets
-Number 475 for white tickets

I hope my account manager knows what he is is talking about ! But, I think he is right, because it would not be fair to permit someone to go on a half-season tickets white (which take less time) and then "bypass" (and give him priority) some persons (who have been waiting for 7 years) for the complete season red tickets.

Captain Gorges 06-17-2010 11:25 AM

No, you do have to take the white tickets.

According to what he told me, you need to take them and then enroll in the relocation program. You can't be in the relocation program without being a season ticket holder.

He told me they offer tickets to relocation candidates before offering them to the list. But that would be the next year. That is what he explained to me.

New tickets available -> Offer them to relocation candidates -> Offer leftovers to new people in line.

I went around that subject for about 5 minutes with him, maybe i misinterpreted something. Then again, i am about 1600th in line for all my groups, i still have a couple years to clarify the situation with him. But this is what i understood from him.

P.S. : And i think you can only say NO once. If your refuse twice, you are off the list, and loose your initial 100$ per ticket.

Georges Gorges 06-17-2010 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Gorges (Post 26329099)
No, you do have to take the white tickets.

According to what he told me, you need to take them and then enroll in the relocation program. You can't be in the relocation program without being a season ticket holder.

He told me they offer tickets to relocation candidates before offering them to the list. But that would be the next year. That is what he explained to me.

New tickets available -> Offer them to relocation candidates -> Offer leftovers to new people in line.

I went around that subject for about 5 minutes with him, maybe i misinterpreted something. Then again, i am about 1600th in line for all my groups, i still have a couple years to clarify the situation with him. But this is what i understood from him.

So, if I understand your explanation.

For example:

-It is my turn for half-season white tickets (it took me 5 years to have them) this season;

-I take them for the next season, but I ask to have a "relocation" in red tickets (since I am also waiting in that list, but I am still number 697, so I have still like 5 years remaining before to have them following the "normal way".)

-I go to half of the games during the 2010-2011 season in my "not so good" tickets in white;

-Then for season 2011-2012, if there is any available red season tickets, I will have priority (with the other "relocation" candidates) on the fans that are waiting on the red list for more than 10 years ?

If true, I still don't think it is a fair system for the persons that are not aware of that.

However, thanks for the advice ! :naughty:

neofury* 06-17-2010 11:55 AM

I think my dad has been on the list for 5 years now.

Analyzer 06-17-2010 12:57 PM

I believe in Toronto the waiting list is like 15 years, if not more...

LyricalLyricist 06-17-2010 01:48 PM

They should add a zero to 21273.

Perrah 06-17-2010 04:51 PM

You should be able to get some quick now. Looks like alot of people are going to kill themselves.

Avim86 06-17-2010 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist (Post 26331568)
They should add a zero to 21273.

They did... 021273 ;-).

Avim86 06-17-2010 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perrah (Post 26336941)
You should be able to get some quick now. Looks like alot of people are going to kill themselves.

I loled hard... I'm loving this trade , I'm a price fan and agree with Scotty Bowman , and I like Eller.