HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Powertek Endurance Stick (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=787459)

dualradius 06-17-2010 12:14 AM

Powertek Endurance Stick

Haven't seen much said about Powertek equipment in the states, but I picked up their low end stick for $40, and love it! Best stick for the money I've ever used. 90 flex C curve.

Anybody else tried Powertek sticks?

vinogradov8 06-17-2010 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmdowneyinc (Post 26325020)
Haven't seen much said about Powertek equipment in the states, but I picked up their low end stick for $40, and love it! Best stick for the money I've ever used. 90 flex C curve.

Anybody else tried Powertek sticks?

I don't trust anything but CCM and Bauer.

doobie604 06-17-2010 02:41 AM

what's there to trust? all the companies gets taken over then sold then taken over all the time. i think ccm is owned by rbk, bauer was owned by nike, all personal preference.

ryangib 06-17-2010 05:06 AM

i used a powertek about a year ago...good price, a little heavy for my liking but def worth the 40 or 50 bucks i spent on it.

Heat McManus 06-17-2010 08:37 AM

well I always trust the guy using his first post to make a thread about an unheard of product.

dualradius 06-17-2010 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heat McManus (Post 26327039)
well I always trust the guy using his first post to make a thread about an unheard of product.

I don't have anything to do with the company, if that's the inference.

Been on the boards for a while during the NHL playoffs last year and this year but never posted.

My background is the golf industry, and I know who makes what products in which factories in china. Hockey equipment is no different. There are a lot of products out there that are very good that few people have heard of. The companies offer a lower price-point in exchange for the fact that they don't dedicate much budget to advertising.

Like golf equipment, I would assume (but don't know for sure) that all of the sticks on the market are made in no more than a few factories.

Was just mentioning, as I think the stick is awesome for $40. If you want me to mention a brand name too, then I think the Reebok 4k is a great stick for the price as well.

hoonking 06-17-2010 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vinogradov8 (Post 26325648)
I don't trust anything but CCM and Bauer.

I don't understand what kind of trust there is with a mega corporation like CCM / Bauer. Sticking to their products exclusively can make you miss out on some great pieces.

AIREAYE 06-17-2010 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmdowneyinc (Post 26328831)
I don't have anything to do with the company, if that's the inference.

Been on the boards for a while during the NHL playoffs last year and this year but never posted.

My background is the golf industry, and I know who makes what products in which factories in china. Hockey equipment is no different. There are a lot of products out there that are very good that few people have heard of. The companies offer a lower price-point in exchange for the fact that they don't dedicate much budget to advertising.

Like golf equipment, I would assume (but don't know for sure) that all of the sticks on the market are made in no more than a few factories.

Was just mentioning, as I think the stick is awesome for $40. If you want me to mention a brand name too, then I think the Reebok 4k is a great stick for the price as well.

Unless you've tried any of the higher end sticks or even wood sticks to compare with, your opinion doesn't have much leverage. Good to know that Powertek is an option for those budget-conscious though, thanks :)

dualradius 06-18-2010 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoonking (Post 26329383)
I don't understand what kind of trust there is with a mega corporation like CCM / Bauer. Sticking to their products exclusively can make you miss out on some great pieces.

Coming from Slazenger and then Callaway, I would concur with this entirely!!

dualradius 06-18-2010 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AIREAYE (Post 26336240)
Unless you've tried any of the higher end sticks or even wood sticks to compare with, your opinion doesn't have much leverage. Good to know that Powertek is an option for those budget-conscious though, thanks :)

I have purchased one Warrior stick that was $200 give or take that I got for $100. It was very light, and certainly a great stick, however I wouldn't trust the durability to spend more than $50 or so on a hockey stick. But, some guys use a stick for more than a year. I've broken three in the past few months!

vinogradov8 06-18-2010 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoonking (Post 26329383)

Tried Easton sticks and skates, tried rebook skates, and I can't say they are even close to CCM and Bauer for me. Nike is a good brand, all their products are awesome and RBK kept a lot of the stuff the same (except I hate that they changed the logo and changed some other stuff with their new line). I use Bauer gloves (x-lite, cheap and decent), Bauer Stick (one85, and its awesome), and bauer skates (one75's also awesome). And the rest is CCM, (also have a V08 ccm stick which is really good). So I don't think im missing out on anything, im happy at where I am at. I would be willing to try a $50 stick is a lot of people said it good, but otherwise im not breaking my loyalty from the companies. Reebok should be out of hockey completely.

GuitarAwesome 06-18-2010 11:50 PM

I wouldn't allow a Powertek stick to prop open a door for me, much less used it in a game.

For the price, they're fine, for beginner players, or casual people.

dualradius 06-22-2010 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GuitarAwesome (Post 26359695)
I wouldn't allow a Powertek stick to prop open a door for me, much less used it in a game.

For the price, they're fine, for beginner players, or casual people.

Ever tried one?

They seem to do pretty well in Canada.

noobman 06-22-2010 11:05 AM

I wouldn't trust the quality of a $40 composite hockey stick, regardless of the brand. At that price point you should try and find a good wooden stick.

I'm in need of a backup stick though, so if I can find one I'll give it a shot.

nystromshairstylist 06-22-2010 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noobman (Post 26412925)
I wouldn't trust the quality of a $40 composite hockey stick, regardless of the brand. At that price point you should try and find a good wooden stick.

I'm in need of a backup stick though, so if I can find one I'll give it a shot.

Not that experienced, but my CCM U+ composite for $50 held up last night - no slapshots though...it is a lot heavier than high-end comps though.