HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Kyle Chipchura bandwagon (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=78796)

markov` 05-19-2004 07:21 AM

Kyle Chipchura bandwagon

Never saw him play but I will have to. I've read some amazing things about the guy. He's a Mike Peca with less open-ice hitting but more offensive production with the same leadership capabilities. He's the guy we need. We got enough skilled forwards with Kastitsyn, Higgins, Perezhogin, Plekanec and Urquhart. Although Chipchura is probably more skilled in the offensive than the last two, he's one of the best two-way forward in the draft.

He seems like the guy we built championships around.

Let's jump into the Kyle Chipchura bandwagon!

Mooch 05-19-2004 08:02 AM

I would love too get another Defensmen, but if Andrei used his first pick to get a two way forward, i would be equaly as happy. We need a mix of guys, your right, because with all skill we wont get anywhere. I want a team with a mix of grit, speed, size, two way players, offensive players, and im pretty sure Gainey wants the same.

What round will this kid go in and at what spot (obviuosly im asking for you too speculate)?????

KingJarl 05-19-2004 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mooch
I would love too get another Defensmen, but if Andrei used his first pick to get a two way forward, i would be equaly as happy. We need a mix of guys, your right, because with all skill we wont get anywhere. I want a team with a mix of grit, speed, and size, two way players, and im pretty sure Gainey wants the same.

What round will this kid go in and at what spot (obviuosly im asking for you too speculate)?????

...you TO speculate...

"Are you going to the game too?"
"Where are you going to?"

... sorry, misuse of that word drives me crazy.

Mooch 05-19-2004 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingJarl
...you TO speculate...

"Are you going to the game too?"
"Where are you going to?"

... sorry, misuse of that word drives me crazy.

I cant spell, and ill be the first to admit it. Sorry, but your gona have to get used to it. LOL!

Dutchy 05-19-2004 08:31 AM

Everytime I played Eastside Manager, Chip used to break out big time, win the Calder on his first year and become a good 70 pts forward. And I'm talking on 4 or 5 different occasions.

Mooch 05-19-2004 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dutchy
Everytime I played Eastside Manager, Chip used to break out big time, win the Calder on his first year and become a good 70 pts forward. And I'm talking on 4 or 5 different occasions.

WOW :eek:

Hey, how does Kastitsyn turn out????? :D

Subban Fan 05-19-2004 10:02 AM

You can count me in...Chipchura would be a great addition for us! Big, skilled, gritty two-way forward!!! Exactly what we need...I could see a 4th line as early as next year with Langdon-Bégin-Chipchura... :yo:

Rahan 05-19-2004 10:25 AM

I'd prefer a D-Man if we're thinking of taking Chipchura. He's an underachiever, look at his stats.. former first overall pick and doesn't exactly rack up the points.

Let's go get Thelen or Fransson. I can imagine Savard doing like the scouting team did in 1993 when they drafted Koivu with Fransson: don't make too much noise, and run with the steal.

markov` 05-19-2004 11:04 AM

If Thelen is available, I'd be EXTREMELY happy, but he will go in the top 10.

For Chipchura, he could be available at #18. He won't be a top 10 picks because the weak team want skill more than anything.

Bob could do three things that would make me happy

1) Add something to our first pick and trade it for a better one, and draft Alexandre Picard.

2) Draft Kyle Chipchura

3) Draft Boris Valabik

Histrion 05-19-2004 11:06 AM

Chipchura would be a low-risk, not-that-high-reward pick. We picked a boom or bust last year so it might be a good idea to take a safe bet this year.

Oh, how is Smid's stock looking right now?

Munchausen 05-19-2004 11:21 AM

Hey I've been on the Chipchura bandwagon for months now. But he's at least 2 years away from the NHL IMO. Doesn't change a thing to me, I still love his game.

I also frequent other bandwagons part-time if anybody cares to join, like the Green's, the Picard's and the Stafford's (although the last 2 would imply to move up).

Mizral 05-19-2004 12:32 PM

Muchausen - I don't know about that. I could see him playing for the Habs immediatly in fact.

Chipchura's offensive abilities are really too often maligned on these boards in my opinion. He's not a skilled forward like a Perezhogin, but he has tremendous hands. His offense is a lot like Ryan Smyth's. He will score a lot in the NHL though.

Maybe a future Joel Otto?

Munchausen 05-19-2004 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizral
Muchausen - I don't know about that. I could see him playing for the Habs immediatly in fact.

Chipchura's offensive abilities are really too often maligned on these boards in my opinion. He's not a skilled forward like a Perezhogin, but he has tremendous hands. His offense is a lot like Ryan Smyth's. He will score a lot in the NHL though.

Well he still needs to develop his finishing touch which is why I mentioned the 2 years of developement ahead. I don't see him like a prospect the Habs would play right away in the NHL. He's not experienced enough to center a cheking line and not offensively developed enough to center a scoring line. But his skating and hands are NHL caliber no doubt, it's just decision making and abilities in close that need further rounding out IMO.

Of course I'm saying this while I only saw him play a few times so take it for what it's worth. Maybe I'm wrong and his game will transfer into immediate success at the NHL level, because he does have alot of pro player qualities, but I wouldn't count on it.

Joe Malone 05-19-2004 12:48 PM

Does he shoot right or left?

RaTcine 05-19-2004 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizral

I like this comparaison.

Subban Fan 05-19-2004 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Malone
Does he shoot right or left?

Left...

Joe Malone 05-19-2004 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Komi#1
Left...

Thanks.

Zednik 05-19-2004 03:22 PM

We don't need another Turner Stevenson. Let's draft a defenseman :)

markov` 05-19-2004 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munchausen
Hey I've been on the Chipchura bandwagon for months now. But he's at least 2 years away from the NHL IMO. Doesn't change a thing to me, I still love his game.

I also frequent other bandwagons part-time if anybody cares to join, like the Green's, the Picard's and the Stafford's (although the last 2 would imply to move up).

If Stafford is available at #18 I'd pick him before Chipchura. Same for Picard, but he'll go in the top 12.

didjuicythat 05-19-2004 04:10 PM

Guys, I'm driving the Chipchura bandwagon! :)

CH Wizard 05-19-2004 04:17 PM

ME if I am B.G I will draft CHIP for sure !!! he is the kind of center that the CANADIENS NEED !!!

Brisson11 05-19-2004 04:52 PM

If I had a clue of who Chipchura was I would hop in the bandwagon but for now I'll just hang on with one hand *getting dragged along... Owww ouch ouch*

H3ro 05-19-2004 05:01 PM

I'm ON the Kyle Chipchura bandwagon. After reading a lot from the 2005 draft since 1 week, I, and to make it more easily, Habs posters too, think Kyle Chipchura is exactly what we need in Montreal. I only fear that he will not be available at 18th :cry:

Beakermania* 05-19-2004 05:44 PM

Chip's is my second choice of guys i expect may be available at 18. Valabik is my first.

PJ Wiggum 05-19-2004 06:32 PM

My first pick would be Chipchura with out a doubt, but after that I would go with Smid, Green, or Valabik. There is no ther forward I think we could get with our pick that could be as good as him.