HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Colorado Avalanche (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Speculation: Semin Being Shopped (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=788511)

Granlund2Pulkkinen* 06-20-2010 02:15 AM

Semin Being Shopped
 
Would the Avs want him?

Avs_19 06-20-2010 02:48 AM

Probably not. The Avs want hard working, character guys and Semin doesn't fit into that.

I'd rather trade for a guy like Versteeg. Semin is one of the best goal scorers in the league but he also makes 6 million, plays no defense, is scared of contact, and sulks when things aren't going his way.

Versteeg won't put up 40 but he'll be good for around 25 goals. He'll also play solid defense, go into the corners/front of the net, and contribute in other ways when he isn't scoring. Plus he makes half the money Semin does and we won't have to give up a 1st round pick+++ to get him.

Just my opinion.....

Bonzai12 06-20-2010 02:57 AM

I second that. If we want Semin, just draft Kabanov

Adama0905 06-20-2010 07:07 AM

Semin is russian. Won't happen

Drury_Sakic 06-20-2010 07:22 AM

Not likely to happen due to the Avs North American bias, but if the right offer came up, say Liles + the Avs 1st this year, I would consider it. Even if its just a one year rental, or hell the Avs trade him at the deadline, it would be worth it to give it a try I think and would be much less risky long term than going after any of the skill player FA wingers such as Marleu or Kovalchuk and your not taking on all that much salary in the deal and clear the mid level talent log jam on the blueline a bit for the kids to step forward.


Liles IMO would be a perfect fit for the Caps system and they would clear some cap space to go after a forward or two to upgrade the physical and "win" factor. As for the Avs, I think they have enough guys with the "win" factor that they can afford to add a regular season type player like Semin who would add some pop to the lineup.

Semin-Stastny-Stewart
Mueller-Duchene-Hejduk
Galiardi-O'Reilly-Yip/Jones
McLeod-Hendricks-Yip/Jones

would be one of the top forward cores in the league, maybe only needing a 3rd/4th line grit player to be picked up at some point during the season(deadline) .

ABasin 06-20-2010 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Granlund2Pulkkinen (Post 26375195)
Would the Avs want him?

Where's Semin from again?

Nope.

-AB

S E P H 06-20-2010 11:01 AM

Would rather have Marleau.

niwotsblessing 06-20-2010 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S E P H (Post 26377817)
Would rather have Marleau.

Marleau would provide role model leadership for our forward corps and would be a great addition.

Sitch 06-20-2010 11:44 AM

For a one-year rental I would have no problem with it. We get a player who could possibly be a great finisher alongside Stastny for a cap hit that wouldn't be terrible. If Semin doesn't work out, we can trade him at the deadline or just not re-sign him at the end of the season, freeing up some cap space for other moves. If the price isn't too high, I think it would be a worth-while risk.

However, given how the Avs are in love with North America, unless the deal practically falls into their lap, I doubt it happens.

Adama0905 06-20-2010 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockey22rws (Post 26378403)
For a one-year rental I would have no problem with it. We get a player who could possibly be a great finisher alongside Stastny for a cap hit that wouldn't be terrible. If Semin doesn't work out, we can trade him at the deadline or just not re-sign him at the end of the season, freeing up some cap space for other moves. If the price isn't too high, I think it would be a worth-while risk.

However, given how the Avs are in love with North America, unless the deal practically falls into their lap, I doubt it happens.

Exactly. I don't think they'd do it, but I'd love Semin to come to Colorado for a year at six mil.

chewey 06-20-2010 12:01 PM

Well at least we'd get a legit enforcer in Semin :sarcasm:

WarriorOfGandhi 06-20-2010 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmitri (Post 26378644)
Well at least we'd get a legit enforcer in Semin :sarcasm:

http://www.virginmedia.com/images/1dk_bongo.jpg

Christian Litscher 06-20-2010 01:03 PM

Semin is the most skilled player in the nhl. In my mind thats not even a question. The avs would never go for him tho and im not sure he would fit in here anyways. He benefits greatly from all the russians the caps have. He does run too hot and cold and takes bad penalties. But when his head is in the right place few are better.

Adama0905 06-20-2010 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColAvsFan (Post 26379486)
Semin is the most skilled player in the nhl. In my mind thats not even a question. The avs would never go for him tho and im not sure he would fit in here anyways. He benefits greatly from all the russians the caps have. He does run too hot and cold and takes bad penalties. But when his head is in the right place few are better.

And in other drastic exclamations, Stewart is the blackest player in the NHL!

Christian Litscher 06-20-2010 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avs_19 (Post 26375339)
Probably not. The Avs want hard working, character guys and Semin doesn't fit into that.

I'd rather trade for a guy like Versteeg. Semin is one of the best goal scorers in the league but he also makes 6 million, plays no defense, is scared of contact, and sulks when things aren't going his way.

Versteeg won't put up 40 but he'll be good for around 25 goals. He'll also play solid defense, go into the corners/front of the net, and contribute in other ways when he isn't scoring. Plus he makes half the money Semin does and we won't have to give up a 1st round pick+++ to get him.

Just my opinion.....

Semin is actually good defensively. His plus minus would prove just that. He also plays the penalty kill.

chewey 06-20-2010 01:08 PM

Could you imagine? Semin and Cummer on the same team? The other team would get ****ed! :sarcasm:

Christian Litscher 06-20-2010 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drury_Sakic (Post 26375989)
Not likely to happen due to the Avs North American bias, but if the right offer came up, say Liles + the Avs 1st this year, I would consider it. Even if its just a one year rental, or hell the Avs trade him at the deadline, it would be worth it to give it a try I think and would be much less risky long term than going after any of the skill player FA wingers such as Marleu or Kovalchuk and your not taking on all that much salary in the deal and clear the mid level talent log jam on the blueline a bit for the kids to step forward.


Liles IMO would be a perfect fit for the Caps system and they would clear some cap space to go after a forward or two to upgrade the physical and "win" factor. As for the Avs, I think they have enough guys with the "win" factor that they can afford to add a regular season type player like Semin who would add some pop to the lineup.

Semin-Stastny-Stewart
Mueller-Duchene-Hejduk
Galiardi-O'Reilly-Yip/Jones
McLeod-Hendricks-Yip/Jones

would be one of the top forward cores in the league, maybe only needing a 3rd/4th line grit player to be picked up at some point during the season(deadline) .

The last player the caps would want from us is liles. They already have green who is better and possibly corvo. They have already had to make cap decisions so they would never take his contract. They need exactly what we need a crease clearer not an offensive guy. With carlson coming in they are fine there.

BadHammy* 06-20-2010 01:21 PM

They're not going to dump Semin on the cheap, because they still have a "championship window" with him on their team. Obviously, I think he's not worth more than a 2nd round pick and keg of beer because he's a locker room cancer, but hey, what do I know...

Christian Litscher 06-20-2010 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adama0905 (Post 26379511)
And in other drastic exclamations, Stewart is the blackest player in the NHL!

How many times have you watched semin play? Between either datsyuk or semin for sure but I say semin.

Freudian 06-20-2010 01:26 PM

I think he would be a bad fit. Giving up good assets for one year of Semin would be a bad deal. He doesn't speak that good english and Avs have no one that speaks Russian.

I don't think he is a cancer or anything and when in the zone he is an amazing player. Just a really poor fit for Avs.

I think if he is traded there is a decent chance he might bolt for the KHL after next season.

shadow1 06-20-2010 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColAvsFan (Post 26379745)
How many times have you watched semin play? Between either datsyuk or semin for sure but I say semin.

And yet, you saying it doesn't make it fact.

If Semin were the most talented player in the NHL, the Washington Capitals wouldn't think of moving him. But, they probably are. The main reason for this is the fact that he had 40 goals in the regular season, zero in the playoffs. He's also a huge defensive liability, and judging by some of the interviews I've read, a "me first" type player.

Not a player I'd suspect Avalanche management wants, nor the team needs.

StanGetz* 06-20-2010 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adama0905 (Post 26379511)
And in other drastic exclamations, Stewart is the blackest player in the NHL!

For true!

The Pwnerer 06-20-2010 01:28 PM

http://hartkeisonline.com/wp-content/uploads/butter.jpg

NOTENOUGHBREWER 06-20-2010 01:28 PM

I feel dirty saying this: I'd rather have Kovalchuk.

Christian Litscher 06-20-2010 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freudian (Post 26379806)
I think he would be a bad fit. Giving up good assets for one year of Semin would be a bad deal. He doesn't speak that good english and Avs have no one that speaks Russian.

I don't think he is a cancer or anything and when in the zone he is an amazing player. Just a really poor fit for Avs.

I think if he is traded there is a decent chance he might bolt for the KHL after next season.

Agree all the way. Hes suppose to be pretty funny but doesnt speak much english at all.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:19 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.