HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   A trade in the works? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=78896)

Park #2 05-19-2004 03:42 PM

A trade in the works?

This morning, I actually did hear a rumor that the NYR are attempting to package two players and TOR Pick (Or one Player, TOR pick, and some combination of 2nd round picks - depending upon the team in question) to one of the teams in the top 5 for their pick and a 3rd round pick. There are three teams being talked to: PIT, PHX, and CBJ.

I would be VERY surprised if Columbus trades that pick, as I know they highly regard two specific players in this draft. However, I've been told that PIT and PHX have some interest and may bite.

This could be all rumor - but I suspect, based on where I heard it - that there is some validity to it. That said, do not be shocked if NYR end up with 2 of the 1st six picks. Likely - not really. Distinctly possible - INDEED.

Barnaby 05-19-2004 03:49 PM

That sounds great to me. I would assume at least one of those players would be Lundmark or Poti - my bet is that it's Lundmark and a quality prospect?

If we could do that I would be very happy... I might just start to like Sather... probably not, but ya never know :) I wouldn't be surprised if Pitt was involved because they didn't want to give big money to the 2nd player picked, or Phoenix would be logical. Money would probably be sent as well if it was Pitt...

Thanks for the interesting rumor :banana:

BobMarleyNYR 05-19-2004 03:53 PM

I'm curious, where did you hear that?

Bure9* 05-19-2004 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barnaby
That sounds great to me. I would assume at least one of those players would be Lundmark or Poti - my bet is that it's Lundmark and a quality prospect?

If we could do that I would be very happy... I might just start to like Sather... probably not, but ya never know :) I wouldn't be surprised if Pitt was involved because they didn't want to give big money to the 2nd player picked, or Phoenix would be logical. Money would probably be sent as well if it was Pitt...

Thanks for the interesting rumor :banana:

I think Columbus would be interested in Poti. At the deadline they were rumored to be chasing Ron Hainsey. If Pitt moves their pick they are absolutely insane. I would love to grab Malkin.

Prucha73 05-19-2004 03:58 PM

I just hope they are after Tukonen and Schremp, but I have a bad feeling that they want Olesz and Ladd. If it is the later then I am not sure I want that, rather move up in mid teens and get Chipchura or stay where we are and pick someone like Wheeler or Soderberg. But it is a good thing that they show commitment to youth movement, and I hope Poti is one of the players involved.

jas 05-19-2004 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobMarleyNYR
I'm curious, where did you hear that?

You may or may not have noticed, but there are a few "insiders" who frequented this board. EDGE, PARK#2 and SOTI are posters who have given us some inside information from time to time. Obviously, they are limited in the scope of how much can be revealed. But, for we the Ranger brood salivating for any morsel of info we can get, they do provide for us. The trade deadline has been a very interesting day of reading over the years.

True Blue 05-19-2004 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prucha73
I just hope they are after Tukonen and Schremp, but I have a bad feeling that they want Olesz and Ladd.

That's a good feeling not a bad feeling. Netting both Olesz and Ladd in the first round (instead of Tukonen & Schremp) would be a great beginning to the draft and a serious step into the right direction as far as a rebuild goes.

jas 05-19-2004 04:01 PM

Here's a reach

Quote:

Originally Posted by Park #2
This morning, I actually did hear a rumor that the NYR are attempting to package two players and TOR Pick (Or one Player, TOR pick, and some combination of 2nd round picks - depending upon the team in question) to one of the teams in the top 5 for their pick and a 3rd round pick. There are three teams being talked to: PIT, PHX, and CBJ.

I would be VERY surprised if Columbus trades that pick, as I know they highly regard two specific players in this draft. However, I've been told that PIT and PHX have some interest and may bite.

This could be all rumor - but I suspect, based on where I heard it - that there is some validity to it. That said, do not be shocked if NYR end up with 2 of the 1st six picks. Likely - not really. Distinctly possible - INDEED.

TGO has always been very public about his admiration for Lundmark. It would not shock me to see a package of Lundmark, the #26 pick and a 2nd for their pick.

Barnaby 05-19-2004 04:01 PM

I remember someone (Edge maybe?) mentioning that the Rangers really liked Malkin. If thats true, then maybe Sather is going to try and make the big splash. It wouldn't shock me. For the first time in a long time the Rangers have a number of valuable assets when you consider the picks and prospect depth. I think Sather will make the move if it's there to make - we all know he seems to like making big trades - and of course looking like a genius. One day someone had better rip that fat cigar out of his mouth...

Blueshirt13 05-19-2004 04:01 PM

Quote:

I just hope they are after Tukonen and Schremp, but I have a bad feeling that they want Olesz and Ladd. If it is the later then I am not sure I want that, rather move up in mid teens and get Chipchura or stay where we are and pick someone like Wheeler or Soderberg. But it is a good thing that they show commitment to youth movement, and I hope Poti is one of the players involved.

If they move to 2 its Malkin. If they move to three its either Olesz or Barker. If they take Barker, the 6th pick is definitely a winger. If they take Olesz or Malkin, do they go for Thelen with the 6th or add another top 6 forward?

Barnaby 05-19-2004 04:03 PM

Quote:

If Sather took Tukonen-Schremp over Olesz-Ladd, then he would deserve to get tar and feathered...

jas 05-19-2004 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by True Blue
That's a good feeling not a bad feeling. Netting both Olesz and Ladd in the first round (instead of Tukonen & Schremp) would be a great beginning to the draft and a serious step into the right direction as far as a rebuild goes.

Yeah, that would really stink if we came away with two frontline players that fit the Rangers needs like Olesz and Ladd. :shakehead

Hopefully something lousy like Poti getting traded for another #1 pick will also happen. :banana:

BobMarleyNYR 05-19-2004 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jas
You may or may not have noticed, but there are a few "insiders" who frequented this board. EDGE, PARK#2 and SOTI are posters who have given us some inside information from time to time. Obviously, they are limited in the scope of how much can be revealed. But, for we the Ranger brood salivating for any morsel of info we can get, they do provide for us. The trade deadline has been a very interesting day of reading over the years.

Oh no... I didn't know that. Thanks.

Prucha73 05-19-2004 04:07 PM

Quote:

If Sather took Tukonen-Schremp over Olesz-Ladd, then he would deserve to get tar and feathered...

Why? Because Olesz and Ladd are so overhyped?

Son of Steinbrenner 05-19-2004 04:08 PM

Quote:

maybe your new to the way the rangers organization works for the past few months but the rangers have already taken a serious step towards rebuilding and have a system of kids playing in the ahl semi-finals right now. also they traded a ton of veterans at the deadline and added a few nice prospects that have an nhl future ahead of them. maybe you missed it. the rangers system is 25 prospects deep right now.

if you have questions about prospects or the way the team is run just pm me i would be happy to answer your questions :)

Prucha73 05-19-2004 04:10 PM

Quote:

I prefer Tukonen and Schremp over Olesz and Ladd. Higher ceiling, almost a year younger, plus Tukonen is considered NHL ready.

True Blue 05-19-2004 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner
maybe you missed it. the rangers system is 25 prospects deep right now.

if you have questions about prospects or the way the team is run just pm me i would be happy to answer your questions :)

The Rangers system has an utter lack of front-line prospects and is curretnly ladden w/ future 3rd/4th liners. Until that changes, this teams fortune is not going to change.
And I've recieved enougn PM's from you to want to limit our conversations as much as possible.

jas 05-19-2004 04:15 PM

Quote:

I prefer Tukonen and Schremp over Olesz and Ladd. Higher ceiling, almost a year younger, plus Tukonen is considered NHL ready.

You would probably be in the minority of most posters here. Given a preference, I'd take Olesz and Ladd. I would probably take Thelen over both Schremp and Tukonen.

Barnaby 05-19-2004 04:18 PM

Quote:

Why? Because Olesz and Ladd are so overhyped?

No - Olesz and Ladd are BETTER.

One step further - I'd take Thelan over Tukonen or Schremp as well...

Prucha73 05-19-2004 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jas
You would probably be in the minority of most posters here. Given a preference, I'd take Olesz and Ladd. I would probably take Thelen over both Schremp and Tukonen.

Does it matter if I am in minority? I would not take any defenseman in the 1st round, we need skilled forwards. I would grab at least one defenseman in 2nd round, hopefully Schultz.

Prucha73 05-19-2004 04:20 PM

Quote:

No - Olesz and Ladd are BETTER.

One step further - I'd take Thelan over Tukonen or Schremp as well...

People you are starting to sound like robots who repeat a scripted responses.
Being ranked higher does not necessarily make them better.

Barnaby 05-19-2004 04:22 PM

Quote:

Does it matter if I am in minority? I would not take any defenseman in the 1st round, we need skilled forwards. I would grab at least one defenseman in 2nd round, hopefully Schultz.

Take the BEST PLAYER.

I think we overrate our defensive depth a bit. You would pass up Thelan for a lesser player just because of position?

jas 05-19-2004 04:25 PM

Quote:

No, it doesn't. But, don't be surprised when people disagree with your opinion. I agree we need skilled forwards. However, the more read about Thelen, I admit, if the likes of Olesz or Ladd are not available, he'd be my choice. I've seen quite a few poeple on these boards, whose opinion I respect, say he may be better than Barker. As much as we need forwards, if a potential #1 d-man falls into our lap, I'd take him in a heartbeat.

Prucha73 05-19-2004 04:25 PM

Quote:

Take the BEST PLAYER.

I think we overrate our defensive depth a bit. You would pass up Thelan for a lesser player just because of position?

Lesser? it is like comparing apples and oranges. It is always much easier to find great defensemen in later rounds, but the only very skilled forwards you will find outside 1st round are those that lack size or that have some serious issues.

RangerBoy 05-19-2004 04:26 PM

Quote:

Robbie Schremp? :help:

His stock is dropping like a stone falling off a cliff

The Rangers can do much better than that guy