HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Speculation: Mitchell (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=789369)

Vitto79 06-22-2010 11:35 AM

Mitchell

http://nyrangersblog.blogspot.com/

I think he would be a good pick up for the right price. Also they note Valatenko is coming back for sure which is also lovely

What are your thoughts on Willie coming in?

I say move Gilroy in a package for a forward and bury Redden. I am also not apposed to moving Rozsival for the right price. a Guy like Ribiero for Rozy and Gilroy

Staal, Girardi
Del Zotto, Rozsival
Mitchell, Sanguinetti

Mc D and Valentenko in the minors for call up

nyrangers21 06-22-2010 11:40 AM

Wouldn't mind him, as long as he's not expecting 3.5 million coming off a concussion.

If we send down Redden there's automatically a spot for him, but at the same time, I would love for Sangs, McDonagh and Valetanko to be able to fight for the last 1 or 2 spots.

Trxjw 06-22-2010 11:49 AM

Quote:

...plus there's really no room for a defenseman on the team right now. Having said that the Rangers could use a shutdown defenseman.
"We have no room for a d-man, but we could sure use a d-man." Zip is going to give me an aneurysm one of these days.

With one d-man registering over 30 points, frankly I'm not so sure we shouldn't be looking for more offense on the blue line. Staal/Girardi/Rozsival/McDonagh. That's a whole lot more "shut down" than goal horns.

SupersonicMonkey* 06-22-2010 12:01 PM

Injury risk.

Overpaid.

Not thanks.

Fitzy 06-22-2010 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trxjw (Post 26413930)
"We have no room for a d-man, but we could sure use a d-man." Zip is going to give me an aneurysm one of these days.

With one d-man registering over 30 points, frankly I'm not so sure we shouldn't be looking for more offense on the blue line. Staal/Girardi/Rozsival/McDonagh. That's a whole lot more "shut down" than goal horns.

At the same time theres no reason why MDZ and Sangs cant handle the offensive defenseman stuff.
And whos to say Staal wont continue his offensive upswing next year?

Id rather have 4 defensive dmen and 2 offensive dmen than vice versa, and have like a SOuray or Campbell on our club.

Trxjw 06-22-2010 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY (Post 26414341)
At the same time theres no reason why MDZ and Sangs cant handle the offensive defenseman stuff.
And whos to say Staal wont continue his offensive upswing next year?

Id rather have 4 defensive dmen and 2 offensive dmen than vice versa, and have like a SOuray or Campbell on our club.

And right now we have 5 defensive d-men and one offensive one. So why are we adding another one? We shouldn't be targeting 4/5 UFA d-men at all, let alone one dimensional ones.

rc258667 06-22-2010 12:41 PM

I see mitchell as a chance to buy low. He is an injury risk but so was gabby.

If we can get him for 1 year around a mill, i think its worth the risk. If he is able to regain form he can either helps us contend for the playoffs or if we are out of the race we can flip him at the deadline. Worst case he is dead weight for a year.

RangerFan10 06-22-2010 01:00 PM

I have a gut feeling this is the guy Sather is targeting, and he'll probably be slightly overpaid. I just hope we don't give him more than 2 years, he's not a bad player when he's healthy.

Vitto79 06-22-2010 04:56 PM

How do people feel about moving Rozy and Gilroy for a C like Ribiero then signing up Pavel Kubina who played under Torts in TB?

rangers1314 06-22-2010 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trxjw (Post 26414652)
And right now we have 5 defensive d-men and one offensive one. So why are we adding another one? We shouldn't be targeting 4/5 UFA d-men at all, let alone one dimensional ones.

Ok the one offensive is Del Zotto. I'll give you Staal and Girardi as "Defensive Dmen". But thats it. Are you categorizing Redden and Gilroy as "defensive"?, not to make it so cut and dry, but they were nonfactors on both ends of the ice on the good nights, and worthless disasters on the bad ones. Rozsival granted in the 2nd half stepped up, but thats it. We have 2 legit Defensive Dmen, one offensive, one crapshoot on a nightly basis and 2 open spots there for the taking to whoever shows us the most in Septemeber.

White Plains Batman 06-22-2010 05:26 PM

The Rangers have too many tweeners who aren't tough enough. Del Z is the PP QB which is fine, Staal is the first pair shutdown guy which is great, and Girardi and Rozi are fine to ok 2nd or 3rd pair guys, after that it's kinda iffy.

Still, don't go for Mitchell, no more risks, go for more of the sure thing in Michalak or Boychuk.

Mikos87 06-22-2010 05:38 PM

Dont post here often but the last post I made was about Mitchell. I think he makes a lot of sense, bringing in a tough veteran crease clearer with experience and leadership. He and Gaborik have the Minny connection, where they were both successful.

I agree that he is an injury risk, but if he does get injured, or doesn't play 82 games (it would serve all parties involved to rest him here and there) you can fill in his slot with one of the younger D. Its a great environment for them to walk into, and Willy being a classy guy will surely help them out. It also scratches Slats itch to get a guy trying to redeem himself and make a comeback. He is the perfect guy to have in the 5/6/7 slot, who can do a great job on the PK and even fill in with top 4 mins. I hope he doesn't price himself out or we overpay.

wolfgaze 06-22-2010 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikos87 (Post 26426325)
Dont post here often but the last post I made was about Mitchell. I think he makes a lot of sense, bringing in a tough veteran crease clearer with experience and leadership. He and Gaborik have the Minny connection, where they were both successful.

I agree that he is an injury risk, but if he does get injured, or doesn't play 82 games (it would serve all parties involved to rest him here and there) you can fill in his slot with one of the younger D. Its a great environment for them to walk into, and Willy being a classy guy will surely help them out. It also scratches Slats itch to get a guy trying to redeem himself and make a comeback. He is the perfect guy to have in the 5/6/7 slot, who can do a great job on the PK and even fill in with top 4 mins. I hope he doesn't price himself out or we overpay.

Good post.