HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Winnipeg Jets (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Jeremy Morin (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=790160)

99 steps 06-23-2010 05:05 PM

Jeremy Morin

Need info on Morin, por favor.

Aliu is a complete wildcard. Sometimes lazy, sometimes strong. Sometimes out of control, sometimes focused. A world of talent, though.

ThrasherMinion 06-23-2010 05:10 PM

Morin is a scorer who can't skate worth a crap according to Dudley's interview recently. He has a hard heavy shot, kind of reminded me of a first year Dan Heatley.

John Cena* 06-23-2010 05:12 PM

Morin was one of but not our best prospect. I had him ranked 4 which is still GREAT because we have many up and coming prospects.

He has an amazing shot but can't skate.

We traded him because he is expendable with the draft in 2 days.

99 steps 06-23-2010 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chucky17 (Post 26449727)
Morin is a scorer who can't skate worth a crap according to Dudley's interview recently. He has a hard heavy shot, kind of reminded me of a first year Dan Heatley.

So kind of like Cheechoo before he forgot how to shoot?

ThrasherMinion 06-23-2010 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 99 steps (Post 26449786)
So kind of like Cheechoo before he forgot how to shoot?

Cheech - WHO????? :laugh:

Cheechoo!! God Bless you.

Sorry, boredom came a knockin.

AintLifeGrand 06-23-2010 05:34 PM

give us a more detailed rundown on Akim Aliu? 1st line player if he gets his **** together?

headsigh 06-23-2010 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 99 steps (Post 26449546)
Need info on Morin, por favor.

Aliu is a complete wildcard. Sometimes lazy, sometimes strong. Sometimes out of control, sometimes focused. A world of talent, though.

Needs some drive basically?

Madic 06-23-2010 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsFan (Post 26449780)
Morin was one of but not our best prospect. I had him ranked 4 which is still GREAT because we have many up and coming prospects.

He has an amazing shot but can't skate.

He isn't that terrible of a skater. It's his weak point, it will hold him back should he not improve, but it isn't so terrible that it is his instant downfall. I watched him play a whack of times this year, and his hands are also fairly underrated...very shifty guy when he wants to play. I'd be as worried about his disappearing act and lack of engagement in many games as I would be about his skating.

I also rather think you traded him because Chicago asked for him, but hey.

Teemu 06-23-2010 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AintLifeGrand (Post 26450395)
give us a more detailed rundown on Akim Aliu? 1st line player if he gets his **** together?

Not a chance. His ceiling is probably someone not too different than Byfuglien, a bruising power forward. However, he just isn't all there, so don't expect him to ever make it out of the Wolves for any significant period of time

WVP 06-23-2010 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsFan (Post 26449780)

That's a weird spin.

StevenintheATL 06-23-2010 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WVP (Post 26451497)
That's a weird spin.

That's ASF being ASF. ;)

HockeyAddict30 06-23-2010 06:35 PM

Toews, Kane, Morin ... that would be a lethal line.

I am a Kitchener Rangers' season ticket holder. Morin has some of the best hands I've ever seen. His skating definitely has room for improvement but trust me, his puck handling skills and his shot make up for it. Plus he is not afraid to throw his weight around and plays with a lot of grit. The kid almost hit 50 goals this past season. The Hawks sure got a good one.

99 steps 06-23-2010 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by headsigh (Post 26450544)
Needs some drive basically?

Right now, I think, he just needs patience. Still very young.

I'll surely be checking in on him to see how he progresses.

ThrasherMinion 06-23-2010 08:42 PM

For those too lazy to click to the HF page on Morin, here's the best snip:

"...He's just a bit slow putting things together and may not be as successful at higher levels. Skating is not his strong suit. Running into teammates on the ice makes one question where his head is at times."

Rhodes 81 06-23-2010 11:57 PM

morin should be a solid 2nd liner with the potential to be a top line sniper if he can learn how to skate.

The Sneak 06-24-2010 09:28 AM

There is something around Morin that I cannot put my finger on and I don't think its his skating.

last year he was rated as the #15 overall skater by the Red Line Report and yet he slipped to the 45th pick.

I've never seen him play but based on some youtube clips he comes across as one with a "long" shot. he appears deadly accurate but seems to need a long windup with his wrister. Will he be afforded that kind of time in the big leagues?

However, with all this said (slow skater, slow release) he's putting up big numbers and has been a winner on the international stage. maybe he just has that x-factor to allow him to succeed despite limitations in his gifts?