HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Arizona Coyotes (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Rumor: Coyotes Interested in Savard? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=790551)

Rabbit 06-24-2010 12:09 PM

Coyotes Interested in Savard?

http://www.spectorshockey.net/index....umors&Itemid=4

Quote:

OTTAWA SUN: Bruce Garrioch reports the Blackhawks are looking to move Kris Versteeg, Andrew Ladd and Brian Campbell to free up cap space. It's believed they've been offered a late first rounder and a prospect for Versteeg...Keith Ballard could be the next Florida Panthers to be dealt. The Anaheim Ducks could be a destination...Speculation persists the Bruins could shop Marc Savard. The Phoenix Coyotes might be interested...The Flyers are believed shopping Jeff Carter and might try to use him as bait for a goaltender...The Sharks might target Florida's Tomas Vokoun for a possible trade...Expect the Bruins to move Tim Thomas...If the Senators deal Anton Volchenkov's right before July 1st they'll get a conditional pick next year.
I agree with Spector, I don't think he will accept a trade to come here seeing that he has a NTC, but I don find it interesting that we are rumored to get a notable center.

saf4574 06-24-2010 12:18 PM

I just don't see it, Savard is scheduled to make 7 mil the next two seasons (10/11 and 11/12) followed by 6.5 (12/13) and 5.0 in the 13/14 season.

Rabbit 06-24-2010 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MN_Hockey_in_AZ (Post 26468195)
IIRC, his NTC doesn't kick in until July 1, so for the next week Ottawacould deal him to anyone. I think that's why the constant rumors are floating around him right now-if they are serious about trading him and wait until July 1 to pursue offers he can veto a deal. I'd love to see him, but as has been beat into the ground we just don't have enough to get him.

I think you mean Boston, correct?

rt 06-24-2010 12:33 PM

Is Jovo going the other way? If not, I can't see how this works.

Rabbit 06-24-2010 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rt (Post 26468341)
Is Jovo going the other way? If not, I can't see how this works.

I just think it is interesting that we are rumored to be in the market for such a player.

GophersGoneWild 06-24-2010 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wabbit3119 (Post 26468326)
I think you mean Boston, correct?

:laugh: Woops. Savard...Spezza...too many S's. Nevermind that comment, Spezza's NTC doesn't kick in until July 1. Oops. Either way would love to see them here but for both it doesn't make sense.

Rabbit 06-24-2010 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MN_Hockey_in_AZ (Post 26468896)
:laugh: Woops. Savard...Spezza...too many S's. Nevermind that comment, Spezza's NTC doesn't kick in until July 1. Oops. Either way would love to see them here but for both it doesn't make sense.

:laugh: no worries. I just hope this rumor is true, indicating that Don Maloney plans to be pro-active to get us another winner for next season.

wpgyotes 06-24-2010 01:21 PM

The Coyotes might be interested. Might as well take that off-the-cuff remark to the bank. Done deal (e5). :handclap:

I'd like for it to happen, but again we are hamstrung by our salary cap limitations/ownership uncertainty and can't go free wheeling on the free agent train.

Rabbit 06-24-2010 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wpgyotes (Post 26469754)
The Coyotes might be interested. Might as well take that off-the-cuff remark to the bank. Done deal (e5). :handclap:

I'd like for it to happen, but again we are hamstrung by our salary cap limitations/ownership uncertainty and can't go free wheeling on the free agent train.

Don't mean to go off topic, but Eklund has surprisingly been on fire the past couple trade calls.

wpgyotes 06-24-2010 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wabbit3119 (Post 26469819)
Don't mean to go off topic, but Eklund has surprisingly been on fire the past couple trade calls.

Apparently he broke the Byfuglien trade? Just when all his credibility had been lost he pulls through. I wonder if he had that keyhole camera installed in Stan Bowman's suite down in Vegas?

Alberta Yote 06-24-2010 01:31 PM

A front loaded to lower the cap hit contract is exactly opposite of what Maloney would be looking for.

There are very few contracts anywhere out there that make less sense for the Coyotes.

Thor Savage 06-24-2010 01:35 PM

As a Marc Savard fan he sure is allot of fun to watch play the game. One of the best passers in the NHL if you ask me. He makes his forwards better by making passes that are flat out ridiculous. With that being said, 7 mil for a 32 year old coming off a wicked concussion last year might be a bit steep.

Prentice* 06-24-2010 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wabbit3119 (Post 26467639)
http://www.spectorshockey.net/index....umors&Itemid=4

I agree with Spector, I don't think he will accept a trade to come here seeing that he has a NTC, but I don find it interesting that we are rumored to get a notable center.

.....and...that's about the only rumour to be found at this late stage.:shakehead Maybe Maloney will surprise us.

SniperHF 06-24-2010 03:57 PM

We are for some reason interested in every center that makes 6 million dollars or more a year. I love this new plan.