HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Russia (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Maxim Kitsyn (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=791858)

MOGiLNY 07-18-2006 08:47 PM

Maxim Kitsyn?
 
http://metallurg.ru/news/24397/

I was reading this short article and it mentioned that a 14 year old star Maxim Kitsyn will take part in the Metallurg Novokuznetsk's training camps.

Does anyone have any more info on this guy? I found it odd that someone who is that young would be mentioned in the article as well as the fact that he will be practicing with men. Who is this kid and is he the next star of Russian hockey?

Guillaume 07-19-2006 12:36 PM

i believe we chatted a little about him in this thread

thread

helicecopter 07-19-2006 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guillaume (Post 6067101)

specific post by Guillaume (:bow: ) on him:

http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=4652649&postcount=49

MOGiLNY 07-19-2006 09:27 PM

thanks a lot for the help! I remember reading that thread actually.. must've forgotten about him. 6'1 at 14, wow! that's already taller than me and i'm turning 22 soon.

this guy is looking really good and it's good to see that they are being careful about his development. how often do 14 year old kids in Russia get a chance to practice with men's teams?

Alessandro Seren Rosso 07-20-2006 01:58 PM

but what role does he play?

combine81 07-24-2006 04:51 AM

Speaking about his talent don't miss one thing: you don't know that he is really 91 born.

i heard that in fact he had been born in 1989.:dunce:
So.....

helicecopter 07-24-2006 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by combine81 (Post 6107258)
Speaking about his talent don't miss one thing: you don't know that he is really 91 born.

i heard that in fact he had been born in 1989.:dunce:
So.....

:rolleyes:

:help:

Guillaume 07-25-2006 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by combine81 (Post 6107258)
Speaking about his talent don't miss one thing: you don't know that he is really 91 born.

i heard that in fact he had been born in 1989.:dunce:
So.....

First time I hear that.
Another question I have is: Is the guy (Kirill Kitsyn) who plays for the 1988 team of Novokuznetsk his brother? He played for Kazakhstan U18 I believe.

Guillaume 07-25-2006 12:40 PM

I gathered a little info around: He has been playing as a 1991 for at least 3 years. No real connection with any fake passport or fake date of birth like you used to have in basketball with the fake georgian/greek passports where you could shove few years.

He is the brother of Kirill (born in August 1988) who plays for Novokuznetsk-2 and for Kazakhstan U-18 despite being born in Novokuznetsk. Both are sons of Alexei, a defenceman who used to play for Novokuznetsk, Dynamo Moscow and the Soviet Junior team, and is now one of the coaches in the Novokuznetsk system.

He was officially born in Russia on 12/24/1991. The father apparently pushed for 1/1/92 to be put on the birth certificate, but the birth registration officers refused.

combine81 07-25-2006 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guillaume (Post 6119541)
I gathered a little info around: He has been playing as a 1991 for at least 3 years. No real connection with any fake passport or fake date of birth like you used to have in basketball with the fake georgian/greek passports where you could shove few years.

He is the brother of Kirill (born in August 1988) who plays for Novokuznetsk-2 and for Kazakhstan U-18 despite being born in Novokuznetsk. Both are sons of Alexei, a defenceman who used to play for Novokuznetsk, Dynamo Moscow and the Soviet Junior team, and is now one of the coaches in the Novokuznetsk system.

He was officially born in Russia on 12/24/1991. The father apparently pushed for 1/1/92 to be put on the birth certificate, but the birth registration officers refused.

hi
nice to see you again

i don't insist that he's got fake birth certificate. Because i didn't see it. You didn't see it either.

But... it is known that fake birth certificates are big problem for Russian junior hockey. Every year there are scandals in junior hockey. Last season Karogoda from White Bears - 91 (very nice team, got 1st place in their age group, took part in All-Russia's Final and after White Bear school lost its place in elite league (called First Group) because the whole school is very weak, Moscow federation of hockey made unprecendented decision to give White Bears-91 opportunity to play in First Group when White Bears school will play in the second one next season) was banned for fake birth certificate. He was banned because somebody wanted him to be banned. There are (i think and even sure) a lot of players with fake certificates but if they are not good players nobody will waste their time to punish him. Karogoda was banned in Belorus befor for the same thing. And people from Belarus who banned him there made their best to make him banned in Moscow. Also Dvurechensky from Dynamo-91 was banned. Only because parents of other hockey players made pressure on federation shouting: "Look at this guy. He is not a boy, he is a man!". It is true heheheh :sarcasm:. And now take a look at Kitsyn's height and compare it with height of other players for example in team Russia-90. I'd like to say again that I don't insist that Kitsyn is fake 91 but... I would be glad if Kitsyn will become "next Malkin" as he is called by specialists.

And it is good that you mentioned that his father is a former player and involved in the SYSTEM (now he is one of the coaches in Novokuznetsk). You know i like Ostapchuk even after his departure to Yaroslavl. But... I heard from players who played with him that in fact he is not 90 born (maybe born in 1988). Of course, you can say that it is only gossip. His father is also former player and if i'm not wrong works as coach somewhere. But have to say again: i didn't see his birth certificate and he wasn't banned by any hockey federations. And these guys will never be banned now (i hope they are innocent though) because they are one step to main teams of their clubs and nobody will make attemps to check their birth certificates. And as we say in Russia "not been caught not a thief".

Everything is IMHO.

Guillaume 07-25-2006 04:25 PM

There are been indeed rumors for a while on some Russian or ex-Soviet Republics players. Not necessarily big ones though. A guy like Viktor Alexandrov comes to mind. I think I heard other rumors on Andrei Kostitsyn, Alexei Ivanov, and may be Konstantin Zakharov.
Questions could also be legitimate for Kitsyin who used to be like 5'10 when his teammates were 5'2-5'3, but as you said it, nobody can really say anything until they see the birth certificates. In addition, here, he has been selected by the Russian Federation on the national team, so you would expect that they would have checked the birth certificates.

combine81 07-25-2006 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guillaume (Post 6122185)
There are been indeed rumors for a while on some Russian or ex-Soviet Republics players. Not necessarily big ones though. A guy like Viktor Alexandrov comes to mind. I think I heard other rumors on Andrei Kostitsyn, Alexei Ivanov, and may be Konstantin Zakharov.
Questions could also be legitimate for Kitsyin who used to be like 5'10 when his teammates were 5'2-5'3, but as you said it, nobody can really say anything until they see the birth certificates. In addition, here, he has been selected by the Russian Federation on the national team, so you would expect that they would have checked the birth certificates.

Everything is right. But I would never expect Russian hockey federation to check his birth certificate. Kitsyn is not a common player. He is already a star. Not super star, but star. He is "followed" by rich guys from hockey world, Kazan and Yaroslavl dream about him, agents and so on. Nobody will check his certificate because nobody will let our federation to check birth certificate of 1991 born player who costs already at least 1 million dollars.

Guillaume 07-27-2006 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by combine81 (Post 6122367)
Everything is right. But I would never expect Russian hockey federation to check his birth certificate. Kitsyn is not a common player. He is already a star. Not super star, but star. He is "followed" by rich guys from hockey world, Kazan and Yaroslavl dream about him, agents and so on. Nobody will check his certificate because nobody will let our federation to check birth certificate of 1991 born player who costs already at least 1 million dollars.

That's a fair point. They might just be happy with the passport and not even ask for the birth certificate. I am not sure he is worth that much yet though.

JFA87-66-99 01-24-2008 01:21 AM

Can Maxim Kitsyn really be the next Malkin? What kind of style does he play is it more of a playmaker than goal scorer? I also read that someone called him the russian Lindros. I understand he's got huge size but is he a physically dominating player? Does he like to hit a lot? As of now were does he rank in terms of 2010 draft eligible prospects? I know there are a couple other players being hyped for 2010 like Pulkkinen and Granlund. how does he compare to those two guys is he better? Also does he have more potential than Filatov or Kuchin?

pouskin74* 01-24-2008 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JFA87-66-99 (Post 12179624)
Can Maxim Kitsyn really be the next Malkin? What kind of style does he play is it more of a playmaker than goal scorer? I also read that someone called him the russian Lindros. I understand he's got huge size but is he a physically dominating player? Does he like to hit a lot? As of now were does he rank in terms of 2010 draft eligible prospects? I know there are a couple other players being hyped for 2010 like Pulkkinen and Granlund. how does he compare to those two guys is he better? Also does he have more potential than Filatov or Kuchin?

2010 draft belongs to Kirill Kabanov.

pouskin74* 01-24-2008 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JFA87-66-99 (Post 12179624)
Can Maxim Kitsyn really be the next Malkin? What kind of style does he play is it more of a playmaker than goal scorer? I also read that someone called him the russian Lindros. I understand he's got huge size but is he a physically dominating player? Does he like to hit a lot? As of now were does he rank in terms of 2010 draft eligible prospects? I know there are a couple other players being hyped for 2010 like Pulkkinen and Granlund. how does he compare to those two guys is he better? Also does he have more potential than Filatov or Kuchin?

for a some reason i dont believe in Kitsyn especially when we comparing him to Malkin

JFA87-66-99 01-24-2008 10:29 AM

Kirill Kabanov? Not to familiar with him right now. Guess I Better look him up. Is he really better than Kitsyn and is he the top player in 2010? What are his skills like?

Zine 01-24-2008 12:05 PM

Kitsyn = Jesse Joensuu

JFA87-66-99 01-24-2008 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zine (Post 12183205)
Kitsyn = Jesse Joensuu

I'm kinda dissapointed to hear that. I was under the impression untill today that Maxim Kitsyn was a future superstar. Thanks for clearing that up for me. I also am hearing now that Kirill Kabanov could the next superstar from Russia.

Garl 01-26-2008 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zine (Post 12183205)
Kitsyn = Jesse Joensuu

I understand your point, but since Kitsyn is from Russia Vitaly Anikeenko and Roman Teslyk fit better than Joensuu IMO.:sarcasm:

And it's not like Joensuu is a bust already, actually he's pretty good in SM Liga.;)

ranndino 09-05-2008 04:13 AM

Maxim just scored 2 goals and was one of the best players in his KHL debut. Not too shabby for a 16-year old playing his first game in the 2nd best pro league in the world!

Here's what it says about him on Metallurg Novokuznetsk's official site:

91 Кицын Максим 24.12.1991

Постоянный игрок сборных России своего возраста, хоккеист о котором с самых ранних лет много говорили и писали. Наверное нелегко находиться под постоянным вниманием и психологическим грузом негласного статуса юной звезды, но несмотря на все это уже в нынешнем сезоне Максим вполне может – при должной работе и доверии тренеров - продемонстрировать новокузнецким любителям хоккея свои лучшие качества. Отличное владение шайбой, техническое оснашение, нестандартное катание, отличный кистевой бросок да и много еще что.

Quick translation: Constant member of the Russian national teams in his age category, a hockey player about whom much has been talked and written since he was very young. Perhaps it's not easy to be under so much scrutiny and psychological pressure due to a status of a young star. Despite that, already this season Maxim can, with hard work and trust from the coaching staff, show Novokuznetsk fans his best qualities. Excellent puckhandling, technical skills, non-standard skating style, excellent wrist shot and much much more.

cska78 09-05-2008 10:34 AM

he scored once again in Riga's' thrashing today (mettallurg won 7:0)
sorry Ranndino..

ranndino 09-07-2008 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cska78 (Post 15354973)
he scored once again in Riga's' thrashing today (mettallurg won 7:0)
sorry Ranndino..

Yeah, I know. Was just about to mention it. I saw the video of his two goals on the new Hockey of Russia weekly show and he looks freaking huge! Definitely reminds me of a young Eric Lindros in terms of being a very big guy with excellent, powerful skating. I'm gonna have to keep my eye on this kid. I can't believe he's that big at 16! And 3 goals in two KHL games as a 16-year old! Wow!

As for the thrashing, this is what happens when you make a team travel ridiculous distances and playing games with little to no sleep (forget the rest). Dinamo Riga players were just completely exhausted. Also, on the show I mentioned above they had a story of their trip to Khabarovsk. It ended up taking 22 hours because they had to make an additional landing due to weather conditions in Khabarovsk and they played their first KHL game on about 4 hours of sleep after that!

IronMike 09-08-2008 02:53 AM

I am never understand some people who already say that Kitsyn will be bust. This kid is just 16 and will be draft available 2010. Though i don`t think that Kitsyn will be new Ovechkin or Malkin, I believe he will be pretty good player in the future.

ranndino 09-08-2008 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IronMike (Post 15380431)
I am never understand some people who already say that Kitsyn will be bust. This kid is just 16 and will be draft available 2010. Though i don`t think that Kitsyn will be new Ovechkin or Malkin, I believe he will be pretty good player in the future.

People say dumb **** all the time. All you have to do is look at the stats of very young players in the old RSL. If this kid continues to play even half as well as he started, at 16, in the KHL he's no bust.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:41 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.