HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Prospect Info: 2010 New York Rangers Prospect Camp - 6/28-7/2 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=792289)

Jumbo* 06-27-2010 04:40 PM

2010 New York Rangers Prospect Camp - 6/28-7/2

Camp opens tomorrow for our prospects as they meet at the training facility..

http://rangers.nhl.com/club/news.htm...id=DL|NYR|home

That is an older article which lists which prospects will be attending, i'm sure a few if not all of our draftees from this draft will be attending as well.

Lets hope some of the beat writers decide to cover this! Love to see who is standing out at the camp. Guess we can keep all the nuggets of info we receive in this thread.

beastly115 06-27-2010 05:03 PM

Make sure someone tells McIlrath not to kill anyone. We don't need Kreider, Stepan, or Grachev getting concussed before they even make it to the NHL.

Ih8theislanders 06-27-2010 05:05 PM

I don't know why I don't remember, but what is the likelyhood that Mcilrath will be in the main training camp? I don't remember if MDZ was here the year he was drafted. I know Kreider wasn't here because he couldn't be, but don't recall any other newly drafted 1st rounders.

RangerBoy 06-27-2010 05:35 PM

Prospects camp-Monday June 28-July 2

Quote:

The camp will bring together several of the teamís top prospects, including Derek Stepan, Chris Kreider, Evgeny Grachev, Ethan Werek, Ryan Bourque and Ryan McDonagh, along with players selected at the NHL Entry Draft on Friday and Saturday in Los Angeles. The camp will also feature recently acquired defenseman prospect Jyri Niemi.
http://rangers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=532424

Roman Horak,Tomas Kundratek,Mikhail Pashin,Cam Talbot and Scott Stajcer are some of the other players participating.

Plus

Quote:

The Rangers will get a chance to see their six draft picks on the ice next week when the club holds its annual Prospects Camp at the Madison Square Garden Training Center. The newest Rangers will take part in the week-long camp along with other top organizational prospects like Evgeny Grachev, Chris Kreider, Ryan McDonagh, and Ethan Werek, among others.
http://rangers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=533025

The Undertaker and the Fight Club

Quote:

Covering #Mets today. Back to hockey on Monday as #NYRangers open their prospect camp. Look for tweets and Ranger Rants posts.
http://twitter.com/AGrossRecord/status/17197508563

Should be the start of a great week as long as the Rangers don't do anything stupid. :sarcasm:

John Tortorella will be there coming off hip replacement surgery early last month. He wasn't at the draft in LA.

n8 06-27-2010 05:38 PM

looking forward to it.

Jumbo* 06-27-2010 05:39 PM

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=792289 ;)

Though you have all the info...maybe a mod can Merge these bad boys together?

Cherepanisimov 06-27-2010 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders (Post 26567902)
I don't know why I don't remember, but what is the likelyhood that Mcilrath will be in the main training camp? I don't remember if MDZ was here the year he was drafted. I know Kreider wasn't here because he couldn't be, but don't recall any other newly drafted 1st rounders.

I think Del Zotto, Staal, and Sanguinetti were all at the main training camp their first years after being drafted. I could be completely wrong though.

beastly115 06-27-2010 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherepanisimov (Post 26569556)
I think Del Zotto, Staal, and Sanguinetti were all at the main training camp their first years after being drafted. I could be completely wrong though.

This is the prospects camp which is different from the "main" training camp right? I'm taking the "main" training camp to mean the 2 weeks before the season starts, right?

I'm pretty sure newly drafted prospects attend the prospects camp. At least some of them have in previous years.

FOXHOUND* 06-27-2010 07:33 PM

I remember MDZ playing in a pre-season game in 08 so im sure he was at training camp.

free0717 06-27-2010 09:58 PM

I hope they dont do another Bag Skate. I think that was a real Bush league thing Torts did last year. It was just a message sent to the Vets last year that they better be in tip top shape.

Leave the Bag Skate to the Main Camp

Let the Boys Scrimage. Teach em a few things about what it takes to be successful at the NHL level and let them have some fun. See the City.

Jumbo* 06-27-2010 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by free0717 (Post 26572844)
I hope they dont do another Bag Skate. I think that was a real Bush league thing Torts did last year. It was just a message sent to the Vets last year that they better be in tip top shape.

Let the Boys Scrimage. Teach em a few things about what it takes to be successful at the NHL level and let them have some fun. See the City.

Did they do it at the prospect camp also? I forget.

I definitely remember them doing it at the main camp and Sangs hurt himself in it or just before it and did terrible.

Punxrocknyc19* 06-27-2010 10:09 PM

Quote:

how about make the Vets work hard to make the team like the rookies.

if a player like Kundratek, or Niemi beat Redden out of a spot at training camp well they should make the team. if a player like weise plays better than Voros or Boyle, well Weise should play.

im tired of roster spots being handed out based on the contract of the player.

emodwarf 06-28-2010 10:17 AM

Quote:

#NYRangers D prospect Ryan McDonagh calls conditioning skate "a doozy," says he won't make a decision whether to turn pro this week.

From Andrew Gross' twitter feed a few minutes ago.

free0717 06-28-2010 10:24 AM

So Torts is making those kids go through the Bag Skate. Not good.

FOXHOUND* 06-28-2010 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by free0717 (Post 26579424)

Torts doesn't run prospect camp

Dredden 06-28-2010 10:29 AM

#NYRangers 1st-rounder D Dylan McIlrath won't be at prospects camp until Tuesday.

Gross

I thought he was there and participating.

t3hg00se 06-28-2010 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by free0717 (Post 26579424)

What wouldn't be good is if that bothered them.

Levitate 06-28-2010 10:34 AM

Why is there anything bad about it, really. If he's expecting the main squad to do this, then the prospects should be expected to do it so they know what they have to do to make the team.

It's hard but you're not going to make the NHL by doing things the easy way

edit: and yeah it's not even Torts, apparently. It's just the message "this is what we expect from you. you have to work hard to be in your best shape and try your hardest".

Not very excited with McDonagh's responses to questions about turning pro (mainly the "making the NHL is enticing but so is being captain at Wisconsin!) but hopefully he's just being taciturn.

allstar3970 06-28-2010 10:35 AM

Quote:

Is this a vacation for them or something? i might be missing something..

free0717 06-28-2010 10:39 AM

The players are coming off there season, recovering from the bumps and bruises. They are not at there point of Training doing the Bag Skate.

Not necessary in June. Its something that gets built up to during the summer.

Tomas Sandstrom 28 06-28-2010 10:52 AM

Where did we get Jyri Niemi?

FOXHOUND* 06-28-2010 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomas Sandstrom 28 (Post 26579969)
Where did we get Jyri Niemi?

Trade with isles, a 6th in 2010

Levitate 06-28-2010 11:39 AM

Hah, Tortorella apparently still wants the Rangers to get younger.

I have a feeling his idea is to try to mold the team so they grow together as a young group and are competitive for a long time

FOXHOUND* 06-28-2010 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levitate (Post 26580941)
Hah, Tortorella apparently still wants the Rangers to get younger.

I have a feeling his idea is to try to mold the team so they grow together as a young group and are competitive for a long time

I love that idea

Levitate 06-28-2010 11:41 AM

Also interesting:

Quote:

Tortorella wants Artem Anisimov to spend more time in NY in offseason to train and to become more comfortable with English.