HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Look into the future (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=79246)

Sunshine 05-21-2004 12:38 AM

Look into the future

D Fedor Tyutin, All-Star caliber, one of the best Rangers draft picks...ever.

G Henrik Lundqvist, After one full season is Hartford-wins the job fulltime. Turns into an elite netminder (Nabokov/Salo caliber)

G Dan Blackburn, will not be the man in New York. I could see him going to Montreal and settling into a starting spot after a few seasons backing up.

RW Jozef Balej, 2nd line sniper, 25+-goal scorer in his prime with great speed + consistency

RW Hugh Jessiman, will take 4+ seasons to get going. A true project who will blossom at age 25/26--will take patience but WILL get there.

D Thomas Pock, currently overrated-may go home to Austria in a couple seasons.

C's Petr Prucha + Jarrko Immonen, will both be excellent NHL players if given a shot in New York. IF the Rangers don't take them seriously, look for an Anaheim or a Detroit to grab 'em. Another option is for both to remain in Europe as stars.

D Maxim Kondratiev, I'm afraid he'll bust-wants to stay in Russia.

D Ivan Baranka, will be Tyutin's D- pairing for years to come. Very good NHL'er

C Garth Murray, 3rd line checker for the next decade. Solid NHL'er.

LW Nigel Dawes, he will work out. I fear the Rangers may give up on him because of his size. I could se him playing at an all-star caliber in Edmonton.

D David Liffiton, #6 dman. nothing too special.

C Dominic Moore, will not stick in the NHL. Too thin-doesn't have the desire/skill. Too cerebral.

LW Marcus Jonasen, see Jessiman-it's going to take him 4-5 seasons to get going, HUGE upside if we're patient.

C Dwight Helminen, PK w/ Ortmeyer for many seasons. The type of player you NEED to win championships.

D Bryce Lampman, see Liffiton-a big, strong 3rd liner, #6-7 d-man.

LW Alexandre Giroux, fringe NHL'er with heart but not enough scoring ability to keep him on the ice.

C Ken Roche, could be the next Mike York-too soon to tell. 4+ seasons away.

Barnaby 05-21-2004 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunshine

G Henrik Lundqvist, After one full season is Hartford-wins the job fulltime. Turns into an elite netminder (Nabokov/Salo caliber)

G Dan Blackburn, will not be the man in New York. I could see him going to Montreal and settling into a starting spot after a few seasons backing up.

Fedor Tyutin is very good, but he has a ways to go before he's All-Star caliber. He seems more like a solid 2nd or great 3rd defenseman to me.

As far as Lundvquist is concerned I hope your right - by the way - Nabakov and especially Salo aren't elite.

How fast do we forget Blackburn? One lost season, and he goes from a future franchise goalie to a guy who won't make it or be borderline. Goalies don't form over night, after a year or two in Hartford he could be awesome. Goalies like Luongo and Dipietro didn't form overnight so it's not fair to have expected that of Blackburn.

Firefly 05-21-2004 01:29 AM

interesting but id disagree with blackburn and pock.

NYR2 05-21-2004 02:09 AM

Quote:

Let's give him a little time before we start calling him one of the best Ranger draft picks ever. And this is coming from a HUGE Tyutin fan.

Quote:

Again, lets give him a little more time to show us what he can do before he's not the man. Also, Jose Theodore ring a bell? :dunno:

Quote:

D Thomas Pock, currently overrated-may go home to Austria in a couple seasons.
I don't think he should be overrated or underrated until he plays more than 6 games in the NHL. I think he liked playing here, at least that is the impression I got even if it was only for a few games, so I don't know how you can say he may go home to Austria in a couple of seasons. That's just too hard to say right now.

Quote:

D Maxim Kondratiev, I'm afraid he'll bust-wants to stay in Russia.
I was aware he only went back to Russia because he didn't want to play in the AHL. When he's given a shot with the Rangers I don't see why he wouldn't stay when it was the NHL he wanted to play in.

Quote:

C Dominic Moore, will not stick in the NHL. Too thin-doesn't have the desire/skill. Too cerebral.
What do desire and skill have to do with each other? I don't think it's fair to say he doesn't have desire. Skill? Maybe not, we'll see, but saying he doesn't have desire isn't fair to him and isn't up to us to say when we don't know him. Too cerebral?

Sorry to nitpick. :innocent:

Bacchus 05-21-2004 07:27 AM

Quote:

LW Nigel Dawes, he will work out. I fear the Rangers may give up on him because of his size. I could se him playing at an all-star caliber in Edmonton.

It was a Sather pick. And I hope he was aware of his size when he picked him. :)