HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Schnabel signed contract with Czech team. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=79253)

czechhockeyfan 05-21-2004 02:04 AM

Schnabel signed contract with Czech team.

Schnabel has signed contract with Sparta Prague recently and will play there at least next season.

barrytrotzsneck 05-21-2004 02:15 AM

good luck, bob schnab. hope you don't have to be able to skate, over there.

WuRtZLeSs 05-21-2004 02:19 AM

There'll always be something appealing about him on paper, but he pretty much erases that on the ice.

He did have a decent stretch for awhile though, hopefully he can pull it together. If not, oh well.

barrytrotzsneck 05-21-2004 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WuRtZLeSs
There'll always be something appealing about him on paper, but he pretty much erases that on the ice.

He did have a decent stretch for awhile though, hopefully he can pull it together. If not, oh well.

i think he was bound to get lost in the system. he's really...probably as good as he's going to get..and we've got some guys with some upside that could probably come in next year to milwaukee. nashville's roster is pretty set, i'd say:

Eaton\Timonen
Hamhuis\Bombardir-York
Zidlicky\Hnidy

Allison is probably gone, and one of Bombardir and York is gone, as well...my guess is York, considering how much money he makes...and Bomber actually really turned it on for the playoffs for us.

In Milwaukee...Stehlik will be there...one of Klein and Weber(maybe even both) could be there. Schnabel wasn't getting playing time there, anyway.

WuRtZLeSs 05-21-2004 02:33 AM

True, unlucky for him the Preds are absolutely stacked at defense and well, of course - he sucks. He was at once suppose to be a legitimate crease cleaner, but that never panned out.. and if one thing the Pred's defense lacks - it would be a legitimate crease cleaner. But it looks like they may have a couple coming up - Weber sounds amazing.

Although, is Weber the more menacing open-ice hitter type, or does it look like he'll be able to effectively clean house in front of the net as well?

SmokeyClause 05-21-2004 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WuRtZLeSs
Although, is Weber the more menacing open-ice hitter type, or does it look like he'll be able to effectively clean house in front of the net as well?

Weber looks to be both. And NoMo, Weber is too young to send to Milwaukee next year. He'll either be in Nashville or back in Kelowna.

hillbilly 05-21-2004 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
Weber looks to be both. And NoMo, Weber is too young to send to Milwaukee next year. He'll either be in Nashville or back in Kelowna.

same with Klien I think

SmokeyClause 05-21-2004 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hillbilly
same with Klien I think

I'm pretty sure Klein is eligible. Hamhuis was eligible one year from being drafted. He was born December 13th and was 18 in his draft year. Klein will likely be in the same boat as he was born on the same day 2 years later. Having been drafted 2 years later, he's likely Milwaukee eligible unless the cutoff date moves around.

Weber is an anomoly because Shea didn't turn 18 until after the draft. Shea is about 9 months younger than Klein and 14 months younger than Stehlik.

barrytrotzsneck 05-21-2004 12:01 PM

don't forget, sulzer and muckachev were almost here this year, so they could likely be in milwaukee next year

SmokeyClause 05-21-2004 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomorekids
don't forget, sulzer and muckachev were almost here this year, so they could likely be in milwaukee next year

Mukhachev was talked about as someone who was certainly going to get some serious consideration this coming season.

dulzhok 05-22-2004 08:10 AM

If he had stayed in NA, I would have questioned his mental health.

See ya, Lurch. I won't miss you on the ice, but I'll miss you away from it.