HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Game 7 Wish List (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=79257)

capn89* 05-21-2004 03:11 AM

Game 7 Wish List
 
Well this is it... This is for all the marbles... The BIG Chalupa... Both teams have called, and they're all in. This has been one hell of a series so far, and Saturday it's all going to come to an end, with one team moving on to play for hockey's ultimate prize, and one team going home. The Philly Flyers and Tampon Bay Lightning will leave it all on the ice, and here's my wish list for the boys in orange and black.

1. Keith Primeau, keep it up!
2. John LeClair... Score a goal, or donate some of that fat pay check to charity you thief!
3. Mark Recchi... You can't use the flu as an excuse any more, do something productive!
4. Alexi Zhamnov... There are FOUR rounds to the playoffs, not two, WAKE UP!
5. JR... Battle it out... it's time to win yourself, and this team, a Stanley cup.
6. Robert Esche... get your head back in the game, your team and your fans are depending on you.
7. Tony Amonte... hello, Mr. Amonte, where are you?
8. Flyers D-men... Please, for the love of all things great, play 60 minutes the way you played the game 6 overtime... smart passes, tremendous D for the most part, and not so much slop.
9. Everyone other than Keith Primeau... FOLLOW HIS LEAD, he's carrying you slackers on his damn back!
10. Just... Win... Baby!

This is going to be great. Go Flyers!

Lubutus 05-21-2004 05:36 AM

IŽm with you all the way but I would rather go with your wishes for game 6:

10. Win
9. Win
8. Win
7. Win
6. Win
5. Win
4. Win
3. Win
2. Win
1. Just Win The Damn Game!

WeŽll fix the other stuff against Flames....:)

swflyers8* 05-21-2004 07:12 AM

1. Primeau -- no words to describe his worth to this team
2. JR -- If you have a concussion, you are the epitamy of the Flyers, you never give up.
3. Malakhov -- We are very greatful for your presence on the
bluelines. Keep it up.
4. Kapanen -- How many talents does he have?
5. Esche -- I'm a little concerned but I still have faith in you.
Don't prove me wrong.

All the Flyers -- It's yours for the taking, take it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yo:

GoneFullHextall 05-21-2004 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swflyers8
1. Primeau -- no words to describe his worth to this team
2. JR -- If you have a concussion, you are the epitamy of the Flyers, you never give up.
3. Malakhov -- We are very greatful for your presence on the
bluelines. Keep it up.
4. Kapanen -- How many talents does he have?
5. Esche -- I'm a little concerned but I still have faith in you.
Don't prove me wrong.

All the Flyers -- It's yours for the taking, take it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yo:

i would like to add--

6. Danny Markov-- +17 in the playoffs so far. he has been rock solid.

MojoJojo 05-21-2004 01:30 PM

Handzus - Watch how Primeau plays very closely.

Sharp - Watch some videos of how Lapointe played before he got sent to the drunk tank.

LeClair - Either stand in front of Habib and take some punishment, or claim you have Positional Vertigo so Radivojevic can take your spot.

Recchi - Needs to be the spark that ignites our power play.

Roenick - I wish he could take a game off, because he looks so tired, but we need him too much

Pitkanen- Same as JR

Seidenberg - when you have the puck anywhere near Tampas blue line, FIRE! Its what you do best, and just about the only reason you have a shot at playing in the NHL.

Amonte - Of course I would like him to score, but he's playing good defense which is a big deal for Amonte. Maybe needs to play more desperate and lay his body on the line.

Esche - Practice that glove hand! He's getting beat high far too much. Time to prove that he has the talent to pick em out of the air like Brodeur. That, or borrow Gigueres shoulder pads.

jerseydevil 05-21-2004 02:03 PM

I'm wishing for a Flyer loss...Have a nice weekend.

MojoJojo 05-21-2004 02:15 PM

Thank you for your valuable comment. Now get lost Troll.

jerseydevil 05-21-2004 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MojoJojo
Thank you for your valuable comment. Now get lost Troll.

Go TAMPA...If not GOOO CALGARY...

bitter devil fan

easton122 05-21-2004 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jerseydevil
bitter devil fan

Get used to it........ :lol

easton122 05-21-2004 03:04 PM

1. Esche needs to play better

2. Gagne or LeClair needs to score

3. Primeau needs to inspire the team early in the game with some huge hits

4. JR, Amonte, Zhamnov, or Recchi needs to get a goal

5. And shoot the puck on the PP dammit

Dykhuis26 05-21-2004 03:21 PM

Bottom line, we hold their PP off the scoreboard, we win the game.
That's my wish...100% PK

FlyersGuy69 05-21-2004 04:08 PM

my wish list is the same as last game...JUST WIN BABY!

I don't care who scores, what the score is or anything else(except for more injuries) as long as we win.

things we need for a win.
1) Esche - he has to come up big. if there is a game that we need him to stand on his head and steal a game, it is Saturday.

2) PK - we must play strong because Tampa has killed us by converting(at a high % rate) on them.

3) PP - we have to get this going. Tampa doesn't even care about our PP at this point. so maybe, if we can get it going, we can hurt them with it.

4) Primeau - he has to keep up his play. the team really follows his lead. as desperate as he got towards the end of game 6, the team responded.

5) consistency - we have to play a complete game. it's just going to make it tougher if we don't. play aggressive but smart and we should be ok.

jerseydevil 05-21-2004 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by easton122
Get used to it........ :lol

we'll see soon if the flyers can win it all...Roenick doesn't appear to have much left...he looked like Kellen Winslow Sr after the Miami Dolphin game ages ago...Enjoy it Flyer fans...

CharlieGirl 05-21-2004 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lubutus
IŽm with you all the way but I would rather go with your wishes for game 6:

10. Win
9. Win
8. Win
7. Win
6. Win
5. Win
4. Win
3. Win
2. Win
1. Just Win The Damn Game!

WeŽll fix the other stuff against Flames....:)

There's my wish list as well! (Recchi could get a couple of goals though!)

capn89* 05-21-2004 06:04 PM

How come there are Devils and Leafs (although not in this thread) who can't accept that their teams had their ***** handed to them and go away. It's one thing if they want to act like little whiney children on their own boards, but to come to the Flyers board and act as if they're getting some sort of justice by another team beating the Flyers because their teams couldn't is just laughable.

Brad* 05-21-2004 06:30 PM

The biggest thing for the Flyers is Esche needs to play better. If he plays like he did last night, I can't see them winning this game.

RoDu 05-21-2004 07:24 PM

100% from the whole team, for the whole game. If we still loose, then so be it, it won't be for a lack of effort

GoneFullHextall 05-21-2004 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyerfanofthepeg
100% from the whole team, for the whole game. If we still loose, then so be it, it won't be for a lack of effort

This team has come to far to lose now.
They have overcome so much
They have battled adversity all season long and laughed at it
They will never quit, Our Captain wont let them, and if anyone and i dont care who it is does not bring the effort, their A game tomorrow night i want them off this team. Yeah that might be a bit of a strong statement, but thats how i feel.
Anyone not bringing 110 tomorrow does not deserve to be in the same room as Keith Primeau and everyone else who has busted their ***** all playoffs long.

REFUSE TO LOSE!

Divine Wind 05-21-2004 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by easton122
Get used to it........ :lol

Yes, Normally i do like Philly, there a great team, great coach, mediocre goaltending but still sufficeint. But, do to you guys trading your first round pick this year to us, i gotta root for tampa. Great games though, PRIMEAU is a freaking machine~!!! Anyways, hope for a great game 7. :yo:

MiamiScreamingEagles 05-21-2004 11:54 PM

undefinedLimit the penalties and make sure no dumb, unwarranted ones are taken. Tampa's power play is hot while the Flyers is ice cold.

gallagher 05-21-2004 11:59 PM

As an unbiased hockey fan, this has been a great series, and I only hope for another great game in Game 7.

As a Blues fan, all I can say is that I agree with MoJo, who said "Handzus - Watch how Primeau plays very closely."

If he can do that, lose the too-low visor that gets steamed up all the time, and cut SOME of the hair, he'll be one of the best players the Blues ever traded away and another one of the great loved Flyers.

goodrev 05-22-2004 12:09 AM

keeping it simple, 3 hard faught periods of hockey... if they win they win, if they lose they lose, but if they go out and play like they did last game for 3 full periods i will be pretty satisfied

capn89* 05-22-2004 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goodrev
keeping it simple, 3 hard faught periods of hockey... if they win they win, if they lose they lose, but if they go out and play like they did last game for 3 full periods i will be pretty satisfied

Exactly, I'd rather die hard than die easy. Should be a great match.

The Seeker 25 05-22-2004 06:49 AM

Simple list:

1) Just WIN!
2) Everyone gets through the game healthy and is ready to go for the finals.

That would be.....perfection. :D

capn89* 05-22-2004 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by capn89
1. Keith Primeau, keep it up!
2. John LeClair... Score a goal, or donate some of that fat pay check to charity you thief!
3. Mark Recchi... You can't use the flu as an excuse any more, do something productive!
4. Alexi Zhamnov... There are FOUR rounds to the playoffs, not two, WAKE UP!
5. JR... Battle it out... it's time to win yourself, and this team, a Stanley cup.
6. Robert Esche... get your head back in the game, your team and your fans are depending on you.
7. Tony Amonte... hello, Mr. Amonte, where are you?
8. Flyers D-men... Please, for the love of all things great, play 60 minutes the way you played the game 6 overtime... smart passes, tremendous D for the most part, and not so much slop.
9. Everyone other than Keith Primeau... FOLLOW HIS LEAD, he's carrying you slackers on his damn back!
10. Just... Win... Baby!

1. So-So... Not as dominating as past efforts, but good none the less.

2. Thanks LeClair, you bum. I hope some how we find a way to banish you to the Rangers or Leafs, that way the Flyers can put your slow lazy ass through the glass 5 or 6 times a year.

3. Recchi... Nice regular season, but way to totally become non-existant and useless in the playoffs. If you're not going to perform, say something, so that someone with a bit more heart can take your place. :banghead: Good riddance to you I hope.

4. Zhamnov... way to play a round and a half and vanish... no wonder none of your Chicago teams did much in the playoffs.

5. JR, good game. He even looked better than he did in game 6, but still made a few mistakes and didn't shoot when the shot was there.

6. Esche... probably the only bright spot for the team. It's the first time in decades where the Flyers don't have a goalie to blame for their elimination. He did all he could, TB could have easily won that game 5-1.

7. Tony Amonte, please leave... we don't want you here any more.

8. The Flyers D-men were pretty good, a lot better than they had been most of the series.

9. Thanks... thanks so much. :shakehead

10. :cry:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:07 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.