HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Speculation: Christensen won't get QO (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=792629)

The Dark Passenger 06-28-2010 02:32 PM

Christensen won't get QO
 
I'm not sure how accurate this source is, so feel free to change the title, but according to Nick Kypreos of sportsnet.ca, Christensen won't be getting a QO.

http://twitter.com/RealKyper

Quote:

Sounds like NYR Lisin/ Christensen won't get qualifying offers. NY still hoping Christensen will re-sign for more term and at less money
Too bad if its true as he was the only one who seemed to gel with Gaborik.

Thoughts?

t3hg00se 06-28-2010 02:33 PM

If this is true then they feel like someone can step up and do the job better or they are going to look elsewhere.

Kel Varnsen 06-28-2010 02:34 PM

if true than we must have something in the works...

LyNX27 06-28-2010 02:34 PM

Prospal getting resigned and Stepan probably getting a LONNNNNGGGGGG look, with Anisimov being the 2nd line center.

John Torturella 06-28-2010 02:34 PM

This is interesting. I wonder if this is a sign of a bigger deal in the works.

Melrose_Jr. 06-28-2010 02:36 PM

I've edited the OP to include "NY still hoping Christensen will re-sign for more term and at less money". That's kind of a major part to omit.

That doesn't make a lot of sense though. Why would you want to commit to EC for anything more than 1 year? Can you really expect him to take less than $825K?

Loffen 06-28-2010 02:38 PM

I liked what I saw from the guy for the last half of his time here. He clearly needs to play with talent to be effective though...

Oh well.

LyNX27 06-28-2010 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. (Post 26583665)
I've edited the OP to include "NY still hoping Christensen will re-sign for more term and at less money". That's kind of a major part to omit.

That doesn't make a lot of sense though. Why would you want to commit to EC for anything more than 1 year? Can you really expect him to take less than $825K?

Christensen want's this to be his pay off year, he wants to sign a 1 year, and do well so he can land that bigger contract since he knows he's going to be playing with Gaborik, but Rangers want to lock him up at a low price for years to come so even if his performance improves like they know it can with all that finesse he has trapped in there, they dont have to pay him more for his performance that he's locked into.

jas 06-28-2010 02:39 PM

Tortorella said Stepan would get a long look in camp.. I wonder if they're keeping that option open.

Vitto79 06-28-2010 02:41 PM

would be very surprising but if they can get a Savard then have Anisimov, Drury, Boyle there is no need

I hope he comes back or better yet I hope they can get Savard

KreiMeARiver* 06-28-2010 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jas (Post 26583735)
Tortorella said Stepan would get a long look in camp.. I wonder if they're keeping that option open.

God I can't wait until training camp, unfortunately, that means the summer is over, and I'm a year older. (32) ughhhh

KotsyJr 06-28-2010 02:43 PM

I'll still hold the faith that we'll re-sign him.

Jumbo* 06-28-2010 02:44 PM

Maybe they will try to get Prospal again, save some money from Christensen for him.

Who knows.

Melrose_Jr. 06-28-2010 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LyNX27 (Post 26583718)
Christensen want's this to be his pay off year, he wants to sign a 1 year, and do well so he can land that bigger contract since he knows he's going to be playing with Gaborik, but Rangers want to lock him up at a low price for years to come so even if his performance improves like they know it can with all that finesse he has trapped in there, they dont have to pay him more for his performance that he's locked into.

It's still a dice roll though. He's far more likely to hit the waiver wire again than he is to buck the odds and show his true potential 5 years later. Earn the pay day, then I'll worry about paying for it.

HockeyGuy1985* 06-28-2010 02:45 PM

Im thinking theres a pretty big discord with how people here view our prospects and the Rangers themselves view our prospects.

They think more highly of them than we do and will give guys like Stepan a bigger chance than we may think.

OverTheCap 06-28-2010 02:49 PM

Can't imagine why the Rangers would want anything more than a 1-year term for Christensen. He has yet to prove he can play consistently well on a top line for an entire season.

I like Christensen, but as a stopgap and nothing more. His mental fragility still concerns me.

94now 06-28-2010 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. (Post 26583665)
Can you really expect him to take less than $825K?

I think you misread it. Less money than QO he deserves, not less than his last season salary.

FOXHOUND* 06-28-2010 02:52 PM

stevezipay

NYR's Brandon Prust will get Q-offer; Erik Christensen won't, as Rangers hope for two-year deal

mullichicken25 06-28-2010 02:54 PM

dont get this

shelly and EC wont make or break the team but im very curious about the lowballing of players on the bottom of the food-chain

im getting worried about what the master plan is

Blueblood 2 06-28-2010 02:54 PM

Sign him to a low ball contract for more than a year and he is very trade worthy. Smart if they can get it done.

3rd Guy High 06-28-2010 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. (Post 26583845)
It's still a dice roll though. He's far more likely to hit the waiver wire again

Not with our current depth at center.... :laugh:

This guy will have his breakout year this year since he wont have to worry about how much longer he is going to be in the lineup before being on waivers again... Just watch.

BTW, what would his QO be?

haohmaru 06-28-2010 02:55 PM

Christensen should be happy to sign for two years being that this was/is probably his last stop on the NHL Train and he got a decent chance here. He's young enough that he can still cash in down the road.

DrAStuart 06-28-2010 03:01 PM

EC's qualifying has to be at least 750K plus 5% so that's $787,500...I just can't believe that if they offered him 900K/yr for two years that he'd turn it down. If he holds his spot on either the first or second, he would still be young enough to get a 'big' contract after two years...

Lion Hound 06-28-2010 03:02 PM

I hope they bring him back...I'm a big fan of Christensen. Underrated player, cheap date gave his all. What's the risk here?

If it's youth and Stepan is coming aboard then im ok with it...But again, I thought he would have been brought back.

Vitto79 06-28-2010 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haohmaru (Post 26584084)
Christensen should be happy to sign for two years being that this was/is probably his last stop on the NHL Train and he got a decent chance here. He's young enough that he can still cash in down the road.

I agree, he was on waivers twice and found a nitch in NY. Take 2 yrs like Boyle on the cheap. Smart cap management if they get it done


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:38 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.