HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   what would a canada B team look like (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=79281)

habsfan9 05-21-2004 10:42 AM

what would a canada B team look like

what would a canada B team look like i think a second rank canda team can match up 2 most of the world teams out there, i was just wondering what u guys think it would look like. form a roster of candians excluding the ones selected 2 play in the world cup

heres my selections

keith primeau
vince lecavalier
paul kariya
alex tanguay
todd bertuzzi
rick nash
brendan shanahan
brendan morrisson
corey stillman
glen murray
marc recchi
daniel briere
eric lindros
michael ryder
joe nieuwendyk

mccabe
desjardins
stuart
souray
bouwmeester
aucoin

theodore
turco
lalime

H3ro 05-21-2004 10:47 AM

Alex Tanguay-Vincent Lecavalier-Rick Nash
Paul Kariya-Daniel Briere-Todd Bertuzzi
Rob Niedermayer-Keith Primeau-Shawn Horcoff
John Madden-Michael Peca-Brandon Morrison(3 centers, I Know...)

Brian McCabe-Brad Stuart
Sheldon Souray-Scott Hannah
Adrian Aucoin-Jay Bouwmeester

Jose Theodore
Marty Turco

417 05-21-2004 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H3ro
Alex Tanguay-Vincent Lecavalier-Rick Nash
Paul Kariya-Daniel Briere-Todd Bertuzzi
Rob Niedermayer-Keith Primeau-Shawn Horcoff
John Madden-Michael Peca-Brandon Morrison(3 centers, I Know...)

Brian McCabe-Brad Stuart
Sheldon Souray-Scott Hannah
Adrian Aucoin-Jay Bouwmeester

Jose Theodore
Marty Turco

Great lineup, i'd only take out Shawn Horcoff, overrated IMO, same with Bredan Morrison, nevertheless, it would be a pretty competitive lineup...

Darz 05-21-2004 10:51 AM

Actually for the past two Olympic games I did a team Canada B, and then a team C and even a team Canada D, and I tell ya team Canada D on paper is as good as all but maybe 1 or 2 teams in the tournament each time. I'm not going to do one now, but if I do it for the world cup, I'll post it here. It's amazing the depth Canada has at EVERY position.

Gros Bill 05-21-2004 10:54 AM

Just wake us up, McPhee and me, when you get to Team Zzzzzzzz.

Depth like this demonstrates that hockey is Canada's sport : most of all the good athletes here gravitate to hockey.

Brisson11 05-21-2004 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gros Bill
Just wake us up, McPhee and me, when you get to Team Zzzzzzzz.

Depth like this demonstrates that hockey is Canada's sport : most of all the good athletes here gravitate to hockey.

Maybe its because we are hockey addicts!! WOOHOO I LOVE CANADA :handclap:

EaGLE1 05-21-2004 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darz
Actually for the past two Olympic games I did a team Canada B, and then a team C and even a team Canada D, and I tell ya team Canada D on paper is as good as all but maybe 1 or 2 teams in the tournament each time. I'm not going to do one now, but if I do it for the world cup, I'll post it here. It's amazing the depth Canada has at EVERY position.

And Canada is supposed to struggle lately in the development of young players :dunno: ! Some guys like Rick Nash, Dany Heatley, Bouwmeester all stepped up at the same time at a moment where we were thinking that the future was looking bad.

Canada will be no.1 forever :yo:
I think our team E would beat USA team B :joker:

Darz 05-25-2004 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EaGLE1
And Canada is supposed to struggle lately in the development of young players :dunno: ! Some guys like Rick Nash, Dany Heatley, Bouwmeester all stepped up at the same time at a moment where we were thinking that the future was looking bad.

Canada will be no.1 forever :yo:
I think our team E would beat USA team B :joker:

Yup!!! We have been hearing about Canada's so called decline for what seems for ever now. We can't help that other countries have over the last little while (20 or so years) have increased their interest and in turn have started pumping out some good players, but it doesn't mean that Canada is on the decline. We are still producing a ton of top flight players.

Another thing I love is the fact that a Canadian prospect alot of times gets overshadowed by a European prospects, but in the long run turns out to be better.

Karl Pilkington 05-25-2004 11:57 AM

If only everyone loved hockey for what it was... anybody here read that article in Sports Illustrated that compared hockey to Arena Football?... :banghead: :cry:

EaGLE1 05-25-2004 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darz
Yup!!! We have been hearing about Canada's so called decline for what seems for ever now. We can't help that other countries have over the last little while (20 or so years) have increased their interest and in turn have started pumping out some good players, but it doesn't mean that Canada is on the decline. We are still producing a ton of top flight players.

Another thing I love is the fact that a Canadian prospect alot of times gets overshadowed by a European prospects, but in the long run turns out to be better.

Heart. Is the reason why canadians players are always on top.
Look at Martin St-Louis,Theoren Fleury or Michael Ryder.
Sometimes I think Koivu is in fact a canadian! :bow:

Darz 05-27-2004 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EaGLE1
Heart. Is the reason why canadians players are always on top.
Look at Martin St-Louis,Theoren Fleury or Michael Ryder.
Sometimes I think Koivu is in fact a canadian! :bow:

I think Finns in alot of ways are closer to Canadians in many respects than they are to there Swedish neighbours.

This could have alot to do with the fact that I have very deep Finnish roots, and live in a city with the highest population of Finns outside of Finland...actaully Saku Koivu has an aunt that lives up here in Thunder Bay.

arsobro 05-27-2004 07:38 PM

I like your line up but the only swap i'd make is J-S Gigučre for Lalime

Quote:

Originally Posted by habsfan9
what would a canada B team look like i think a second rank canda team can match up 2 most of the world teams out there, i was just wondering what u guys think it would look like. form a roster of candians excluding the ones selected 2 play in the world cup

heres my selections

keith primeau
vince lecavalier
paul kariya
alex tanguay
todd bertuzzi
rick nash
brendan shanahan
brendan morrisson
corey stillman
glen murray
marc recchi
daniel briere
eric lindros
michael ryder
joe nieuwendyk

mccabe
desjardins
stuart
souray
bouwmeester
aucoin

theodore
turco
lalime

Darz 05-28-2004 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habsfan9

Here is my team B...and C, and D.

Team B
Kariya, Lecavalier, Shanahan, Primeau, Bertuzzi, Sullivan, Nash, Recchi, Peca, Arnott, Murray, Tanguay, Lindros, Niewendyk, Spezza

Morris, Stuart, McCabe, Souray, Aucoin, Phillips, Hannan, J. Smith

Theodore, Turco, Raycroft

Team C
Morrison, Comrie, Ricci, McCauley, Walker, Stillman, Briere, Ryder, Daze, Linden, O'Neill, Madden, Walz, Carter, Roberts

Rathje, Boyle, Staios, Bouwmeester, White, Boynton, Sopel, Brisebois

Giguere, Joseph, Biron

Team D
Langkow, Ribiero, Damphousse, Messier, Nolan, Hunter, Bell, Tucker, Lapointe, R. Niedmayer, M. Savard, Calder, Simon, Gelinas, Bergeron

Desjardins, McKee, Sydor, McLaren, Witt, McGillis, Hamhuis, Van Ryn

Burke, Denis, Osgood

.....and their are still plenty of good names left...do I hear a Team E?