HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Larry Brooks: Christensen re-signs (2yrs @ 925k per), Shelley signs with PHI (3yrs @ 1.1M per) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=793273)

captain9nyr 06-29-2010 07:39 PM

Christensen re-signs (2yrs @ 925k per), Shelley signs with PHI (3yrs @ 1.1M per)

http://twitter.com/NYP_Brooksie

Quote:

Rangers have begun negotiations with impending UFA Jody Shelley...Erik Christensen on way to market after surprising rejection of 2 yr offer

17futurecap 06-29-2010 07:40 PM

What kind of money does EC think he can get?

Nice to see Shelley talks have started, hope they can get it done by tomorrow.

ECL 06-29-2010 07:41 PM

Hahahahaha. **** Christensen, then. Sather claims him off waivers and helps resurrect his career and he has the balls to reject a 2 year deal and test the market?

Have fun in the AHL or Europe, Erik.

Sorry 06-29-2010 07:41 PM

I guess he was so worried about developing some hockey sense these last few years, he forgot to develop any business sense whatsoever. No team is going to give him anything more, or near for that matter.

RangerFan10 06-29-2010 07:43 PM

If we don't re-sign Christensen, we'd better be locking up Prospal for another 1 year deal. Dubinsky looked so much better on the wing...i'd hate to see him move back to center.

FOXHOUND* 06-29-2010 07:43 PM

laterz christ! don't let the door hit you on the way out with that attitude

McDonagh 06-29-2010 07:43 PM

Does he think he will get money and play on the 1st line with a star player like Gaborik somewhere else?

RangerFan10 06-29-2010 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorry (Post 26613177)
I guess he was so worried about developing some hockey sense these last few years, he forgot to develop any business sense whatsoever. No team is going to give him anything more.

I think it's possible a team might give him 2 years ~$1mil per year. This is apparently what we weren't willing to pay (let's be honest, Christensen isn't worth Rissmiller, Voros, Brashear type money)

JimmyStart* 06-29-2010 07:44 PM

Don't let the door hit you on the way out we don't want your hind prints on our nice new doors. We want to save our glass for a special rear end like Redden's...although at that sayonara the glass would likely shatter with how hard the door would hit him.

Tony D63 06-29-2010 07:45 PM

il be happy with 2 years for Shelley. such a great pickup!

RangerFan10 06-29-2010 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FOXHOUND (Post 26613215)

Would you sign up to be a first line center on a team that pays their spare tire and 2 guys buried in the minors more per year than you?

The fact that Slats refused to qualify him to avoid arbitration was one thing, attempting to get him to sign cheaper and longer would rub anyone the wrong way.

Sorry 06-29-2010 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangerFan10 (Post 26613226)
I think it's possible a team might give him 2 years ~$1mil per year. This is apparently what we weren't willing to pay (let's be honest, Christensen isn't worth Rissmiller, Voros, Brashear type money)

I guess it is possible that some team might make that type of offer. I just think it's almost a certainty that he is waiver/Europe bound.

Ian 06-29-2010 07:46 PM

Good to see Sather showing some restraint.

RangerFan10 06-29-2010 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian (Post 26613285)
Good to see Sather showing some restraint.

He always shows restraint with re-signing players. Let's wait and see what happens on the UFA before we parade the streets.

He's probably nickel and diming Staal, Christensen, Shelley, etc. so he can go waste money on Ponikarovsky, Frolov, Demitra, Lombardi, etc.

FOXHOUND* 06-29-2010 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangerFan10 (Post 26613269)
Would you sign up to be a first line center on a team that pays their spare tire and 2 guys buried in the minors more per year than you?

The fact that Slats refused to qualify him to avoid arbitration was one thing, attempting to get him to sign cheaper and longer would rub anyone the wrong way.

This kid was one step away from playing in europe, he said so himself. he should be kissing sather's hairy bean bag from plucking him off of waivers and giving him another chance. He hasn't earned anything but another shot.

Stugots 06-29-2010 07:49 PM

pfft come on EC, give me a break

Kind of Blue 06-29-2010 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FOXHOUND (Post 26613215)

Hardly implies he has an "attitude." He has the right to do what he perceives to be best for him. Becoming a free agent may be that. You don't know the terms of the offer, nor do you know the level of interest in him in the market. This is business. I'd like for him to be here, but if he's not, I have no reason not to wish him the best. He seemed to be a good guy and he was a good contributor here.

Thirty One 06-29-2010 07:52 PM

the reaction is a little strong considering we don't know what the offer is. Christensen owes Sather nothing.

RangerFan10 06-29-2010 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FOXHOUND (Post 26613343)
This kid was one step away from playing in europe, he said so himself. he should be kissing sather's hairy bean bag from plucking him off of waivers and giving him another chance. He hasn't earned anything but another shot.

Plenty of teams will give him a shot at 1 year $1mil.
Christensen can get more than 6 figures a year in this league. Doesn't matter if Sather gave him another chance, he's going to do his part to get his cash.

I think $1mil per for a year or two is fair value, especially the way we hand out cash like this to crap free agents. The fact that Sather nickel and dimed the offer down ~200K is a slap in the face.

And I hope to god it doesn't result in Sather going out and spending some insane amount of cash to land a Lombardi, or going with an awful stopgap at center like Modano, Eric Belanger, or Brandon Morrison.

Beacon 06-29-2010 07:53 PM

Christ must've thought, "Hey, I'm better than Redden. Pay me more!"

ECL 06-29-2010 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -31- (Post 26613411)
the reaction is a little strong considering we don't know what the offer is. Christensen owes Sather nothing.

The offer shouldn't be much considering he was a ****ing waiver pick up. I wouldn't offer him more than 1M.

NYROrtsFan 06-29-2010 07:54 PM

Screw Christensen. Haven't been so mad in a while.

Torts and Sather GIVE him a career. If they waived him, it's OVER for him. Instead, Torts gives him SERIOUS minutes on a line with Gaborik.

Take the offer back and watch him fail out of the NHL.

But please resign Shelley.

wolfgaze 06-29-2010 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonathan. (Post 26613447)
The offer shouldn't be much considering he was a ****ing waiver pick up. I wouldn't offer him more than 1M.

I could see Sather offering him less than that.... What was the QO amount anyway?

Thirty One 06-29-2010 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonathan. (Post 26613447)

me neither. I assure you the offer was less than $1M, as they didn't qualify him at less than that.

FOXHOUND* 06-29-2010 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kind of Blue (Post 26613384)
Hardly implies he has an "attitude." He has the right to do what he perceives to be best for him. Becoming a free agent may be that. You don't know the terms of the offer, nor do you know the level of interest in him in the market. This is business. I'd like for him to be here, but if he's not, I have no reason not to wish him the best. He seemed to be a good guy and he was a good contributor here.

Sure seems like a smart thing for him to do. Teams were clamoring for him and so high on him. Im sure that huge 26 points he put up will net him millions.