HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Minnesota Wild (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Confirmed with Link: Wild re-sign Prosser, Kassian (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=793625)

GopherState 06-30-2010 01:31 PM

Wild re-sign Prosser, Kassian

Prosser is a one-year $650,000 NHL deal, $105,000 AHL (so two-way deal)
Kassian is a two-year $1.025 million NHL deal, $122k AHL (also two-way)

Link here.

BigT2002 06-30-2010 03:05 PM

Good on Nate! Congrats on the wedding too!

mnwildgophers 06-30-2010 03:07 PM

That's cool, these signings make sense, both will probably start in Houston, however, Prosser could could challenged for #6/7 D-men spot, but I wouldn't be opposed to having him in Houston.

Surly Furious 06-30-2010 04:10 PM

So the Aeros defense includes:

Scandella, Cuma, Falk, Noreau, Prosser.

Who am I missing?

Vashanesh 06-30-2010 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bookman (Post 26631948)

Who am I missing?

Did we let Sifers walk? Any of our other college kids looking to make the jump?

GopherState 06-30-2010 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vashanesh (Post 26632693)
Did we let Sifers walk? Any of our other college kids looking to make the jump?

Yes, Sifers will be walking.

bozak911 06-30-2010 05:07 PM

Wasn't one of our east coast hockey kids making the jump to the A this fall? I thought one of them was a senior... I'm thinking Medvec or Lorenz, i think...

Vashanesh 06-30-2010 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bozak911 (Post 26633555)
Wasn't one of our east coast hockey kids making the jump to the A this fall? I thought one of them was a senior... I'm thinking Medvec or Lorenz, i think...

I thought I heard Medvec was considered "ready". But I could be wrong.

Either way, we'd be looking for a bottom pairing AHL-viable defensemen. I can't imagine that would be terribly difficult to find.

Houston is going to look pretty solid on the back end for a bit.

saywut 06-30-2010 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bookman (Post 26631948)

Who am I missing?

Frasor, Gunderson, Testwuide, and Lannon were all there last year. Frasor wasn't qualified so he's unlikely to return. Testwuide had been in the organization a couple of years, Lannon was a Richards guy who barely played. I know nothing of Gunderson other than his stat-line.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GopherState (Post 26632791)
Yes, Sifers will be walking.

Not really guaranteed. I'm all for bringing him back on a 2-way, put him as the #7 if Scandella/Prosser can't unseat Stoner in our top-6(which of course I believe Marco will do).

Quote:

Originally Posted by bozak911 (Post 26633555)

Medvec was only a junior. He played in the USHL a year after being drafted(like Haula), so he is 4 years out from being drafted.

GopherState 06-30-2010 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saywut (Post 26636900)
Not really guaranteed. I'm all for bringing him back on a 2-way, put him as the #7 if Scandella/Prosser can't unseat Stoner in our top-6(which of course I believe Marco will do).

Obviously not, but he's an UFA and I'm thinking he can find a place with a better defensive situation.

Quote:

Medvec was only a junior. He played in the USHL a year after being drafted(like Haula), so he is 4 years out from being drafted.
Does Minnesota still have to sign him by August 15 because it's been four years since he was drafted or was that loophole closed and it's just after senior year?

saywut 06-30-2010 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GopherState (Post 26637044)
Does Minnesota still have to sign him by August 15 because it's been four years since he was drafted or was that loophole closed and it's just after senior year?

Based on how I interpret this we do:

http://www.capgeek.com/NHL_NHLPA_2005_CBA.pdf
Quote:

8.6(c)(iii)
If a Player drafted at age 18 or 19, who had received a Bona Fide Offer in accordance with Section 8.6(a)(ii) above, becomes a bona fide college student prior to the second June 1 following his selection in the Entry Draft and remains a bona fide college student through the graduation of his college class, his drafting club shall retain the exclusive rights of negotiation for his services through and including the August 15 following the graduation of his college class.

8.6(a)(ii)
Subject to the provisions of subsection (iii) below and Sections (b) and (c) below, if, on or before June 1 of the calendar year next succeeding the Entry Draft, the claiming Club makes a Bona Fide Offer (as defined below) to its claimed Player of an SPC, the Club shall retain the exclusive rights of negotiation for the services of such player up to and including the second June 1 following the date of his selection.
We paid to retain his rights after 06/07, and now he's got another year in college so we still own his rights until next August 15. 8.6(c)(ii) says "first June 1" while 8.6(c)(iii) says "second June 1" which wording implies to Medvec(and Haula in 4 years if he plays them all). At least to me, I could be misinterpreting.