HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Beyond the Top 20 Prospects POLL? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=79515)

bmoak 05-22-2004 03:29 PM

Beyond the Top 20 Prospects POLL?

Well, the end of the poll will be on us soon as the the Rangers' 20th prospect will be selected before the weekend is over.

Is there enough demand to continue the poll? I suppose I could continue it beyond 20 and up until 30 if enough people are interested.

Just two things....
1) More players must be added in. After round #21 I will add 5 players to the poll. Once again, these will be determined by your suggestions, so don't be shy.

2) For me at least, this is getting to be a crapshoot. I've seen almost nothing of the remaining players in the poll , so all I can go by are stat sheets, draft positions, profiles (and most of the players this low on the prospect list generate very little buzz), and the opinions of others. I'm one of the least knowledgeable posters here, but I doubt I'm the only one who feels this way.

Therefore I'm starting a thread to collect information and comments on our lesser-known prospects in one handy location. If it works out well enough, it could be collated into a more lasting form.

Thank you for your support.

Prucha73 05-22-2004 03:36 PM

maybe these polls should have been done after the draft?

nyr5186 05-22-2004 04:17 PM

bmoak...

Just wanna say thanks for the great work you did with these polls. Good job. :yo:

If you want, I'd have no objections to extending the poll to 25. Thirty is a bit too much because, like you said, its pretty much a crapshoot by now. Most people are voting based on their hunches or the players' draft positioning. Is it really worth it to make a poll to see who's better, Pontus Petterstrom or Chris Holt? I dont think so. Neither have much of a chance of making the NHL, let alone having some kind of impact. So it would be a waste of time. However, extend it to 25 so maybe a guy like Kozak or Guenin can get some recognition.

Also, what would it take to make this the official Prospects List on the Hockey's Future Rangers page? Maybe every team's official top prospects list should be voted on directly by their fans? You'd think it would save the people who normally make that list alot of time and effort, as well as give the fans something to talk about. Just a suggestion.

Sunshine 05-22-2004 05:39 PM

Thumbs Up..keep it up

of course: sensational job with the poll. you've done it with consistency and enthusiasm and as a result, there's been a tremendous response by the voters.

Lets go for 25+, as the poster above suggests, a guy like Kozak would be nice to rate. After 25, we can have an "honorable mention"

Come draft time, we can make additions to this list,

would it be possible for the results be posted on this site as a "banner"?