HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Speculation: Will Frolov/Nabokov go to the KHL? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=795706)

internetdotcom 07-04-2010 07:40 AM

Will Frolov/Nabokov go to the KHL?

With each passing day, and with the money I'm sure these guys are looking for, I'm becoming more and more convinced that one (or both) will go to the KHL next season. What do you all think?

Violent By Design 07-04-2010 10:59 AM

Don't count on it.

kingpest19 07-04-2010 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by internetdotcom (Post 26737513)
With each passing day, and with the money I'm sure these guys are looking for, I'm becoming more and more convinced that one (or both) will go to the KHL next season. What do you all think?

What are they looking for?

Swedish Puck Mafia 07-04-2010 11:20 AM

Nabokov might. Frolov won't.

thadd 07-04-2010 11:21 AM

Frolov would be no surprise... Nabakov... man... really who's going to sign him now?

alx83* 07-04-2010 11:23 AM

Nabokob will. Frolov will find a team.

DaveG 07-04-2010 11:23 AM

Frolov will get paid by someone in the NHL. Maybe not huge money but he'll find a top 6 job somewhere.

Nabokov? yeah he'll probably go to the KHL.

internetdotcom 07-04-2010 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingpest19 (Post 26739172)
What are they looking for?

Presumably at least what they made last year, if not a raise.

I think the more likely of the 2 to go to the K would be Nabokov, partly because I am sure he doesn't want to be a backup, and I don't see too many teams with a bunch of cap room that would need a starter. Though maybe the Islanders? IIRC, they are under the cap floor, so need to add salary, and I don't think Roloson (old) and DiPietro (well, we all know his story) are the answer to getting them into the playoffs.

1865 07-04-2010 11:56 AM

Nabokov needs to lower his demands if he wants an NHL side.

gabeliscious 07-04-2010 11:58 AM

frolov will end up in toronto (im hoping), it makes too much sense. toronto needs a left winger and they can get him without giving up assets.

nabakov will also stay in the nhl imo. there is no reason for him to go back to the nhl. if he leaves his whole career will be for nothing. he plaid on some great teams, its time he wins a cup. imo he should take a pay cut on a short term deal and sign with philly. im not sure phillys exact cap situation but i think it would be well worth it to try to fit nabby in.

ronnyweed 07-04-2010 01:33 PM

pretty sure the NHL is on pause till kovalchuk does something, the fact they havn't signed yet really doesn't mean much

are you also speculating that turco, kariya, selanne, stempniak, and to a lesser extent, bobby ryan, marc staal etc... are all heading to russia?

Canuckle 07-04-2010 01:42 PM

I think nabokov should wait for a contract. We still have a few months left before start of the season.

Gardner McKay 07-04-2010 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by internetdotcom (Post 26737513)

Nabakov sure I could see that, Frolov no. He is the second best offensive weapon on the market and will be the #1 after Kovalchuk is off the market which will drive his price up.

Once Kovy signs, 1-2 days before Frolov signs. 4 years 5.2 million im guessing.

Xander Crews 07-04-2010 02:24 PM

My guess is:

Frolov - No
Nabokov - Yes

Plenty of teams will want Frolov but goalies have less spots open for them here and lets face it no teams seem to be lining up for him.

Gardner McKay 07-04-2010 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronnyweed (Post 26740938)
pretty sure the NHL is on pause till kovalchuk does something, the fact they havn't signed yet really doesn't mean much

are you also speculating that turco, kariya, selanne, stempniak, and to a lesser extent, bobby ryan, marc staal etc... are all heading to russia?

You completely pulled that out of your ass. They are not russian first off, Staal and Ryan are RFA's second and third Kariya was thinking about retirement.

Turco , selanne and stempniak are possibilities but Idk where you got that ANY one in this thread was speculating that.

SensFan26 07-04-2010 02:26 PM

I'm thinking that Frolov will sign AFTER Kovalchuk signs because that will mean there will be more and higher bids for him since he would be the best scorer on the market.

Kitten Mittons 07-04-2010 02:40 PM

Nabokov's wife is American. I doubt he'd move to Russia. Frolov has a higher chance.

Telos 07-04-2010 03:02 PM

The forwards are waiting on Kovalchuk, as is most teams, and trades. Plain and simple.

Ronk 07-04-2010 03:16 PM

I cant see either leaving.

Nunymare 07-04-2010 03:27 PM

Both have an equal chance, IMO, but I think both will stay.

SnS 07-04-2010 03:34 PM

Nabby needs to lower his demands.

Tealblood 07-04-2010 05:24 PM

nabby will lower his demands but will do a shorter, perhaps just a one year, contract with hopes that a lot of these "lets find the next niemi/leighton!" teams absolutely hit rock bottom. Many of them will, because most teams don't have the defensive depth those two teams had.

He's just stuck in this year where goalies are at an all time lowest value. He still wants a cup.

Turco on the other hand, he's asking for a lot and hasn't been nearly as consistent as nabby. There will always be a need for a goalie like nabby that pretty much guarantees a playoff berth for your team, while turco has had some absolute crap meltdown years not too long ago.

I can see turco being forced to decide between super low contract and big contract in KHL, and deciding to make a ton of money in russia.

alx83* 07-04-2010 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GuitarByte (Post 26743825)
"lets find the next niemi/leighton!"

I'm absolutely astonished that you just did that.

WTFetus 07-04-2010 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davidhye (Post 26741871)
Nabokov's wife is American. I doubt he'd move to Russia. Frolov has a higher chance.

Came here to say this. His wife is from Kentucky. I think he'd take a lower contract to stay in America before going to Russia.

GCM 07-04-2010 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gabeliscious (Post 26739725)
frolov will end up in toronto (im hoping), it makes too much sense. toronto needs a left winger and they can get him without giving up assets.

nabakov will also stay in the nhl imo. there is no reason for him to go back to the nhl. if he leaves his whole career will be for nothing. he plaid on some great teams, its time he wins a cup. imo he should take a pay cut on a short term deal and sign with philly. im not sure phillys exact cap situation but i think it would be well worth it to try to fit nabby in.

http://www.wholesale-fabric-discount...aid_Fabric.jpg