HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   OT: Sommet Group (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=796710)

Fan of The Game 07-07-2010 12:45 AM

Sommet Group

UPDATE 11:17am CDT - According to various tweets and a report in the Tennessean, FBI Agents raided the headquarters of the Sommet Group this morning... wow! Now I really am surprised! I am waiting for the inevitable Globe and Mail story on how this reflects badly on Nashville as a hockey market...

Can anyone tell me more about this? What exactly is the Sommet Group involved in? I got this from Paul Mcann's blog on hockey buzz.

Joe T Choker 07-07-2010 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fan of The Game (Post 26788831)
UPDATE 11:17am CDT - According to various tweets and a report in the Tennessean, FBI Agents raided the headquarters of the Sommet Group this morning... wow! Now I really am surprised! I am waiting for the inevitable Globe and Mail story on how this reflects badly on Nashville as a hockey market...

Can anyone tell me more about this? What exactly is the Sommet Group involved in? I got this from Paul Mcann's blog on hockey buzz.

Tennessean's story

that's your other problem

Fan of The Game 07-07-2010 12:57 AM

haha, we all need comedy in our lives right?

Joe T Choker 07-07-2010 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fan of The Game (Post 26789003)
haha, we all need comedy in our lives right?

favorite e5 ? ... mine is Luongo for Lecavalier ... or Kariya resigning in Nashville only to go to St Louis a few hours later

Seth Lake 07-07-2010 01:16 AM

Brian Whitfield is scum. As much as I'm glad to know he is likely through and headed to prison...I feel very badly for the numerous small businesses that he has irrepairably damaged and those that will likely be forced into bankruptcy due to his criminal activity.

Sentencing guidelines for financial crimes like this are rarely long enough and can never undo the damage done to the community. I'm thankful that the Predators severed ties with this group last season, but know our name will still be dragged through the mud somehow as a result.

Scum. It's the only way to describe a man that would ruin so many peoples lives in this fashion...

kivaerijo 07-07-2010 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave is a killer (Post 26788886)
Tennessean's story

that's your other problem

leave it to the titansean to have in the first sentence "name that adorned the predators hockey arena". they do know that that name was also used for every concert, or event for that matter, that came in there. it isnt just the home of the predators...its the home of entertainment in nashville. just something i noticed.

Viqsi 07-07-2010 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fan of The Game (Post 26788831)

I'll bet I can guess the angle: This + Boots = "pattern of corruption" and/or "corrupt franchise". ;) :rolleyes:

BigFatCat999 07-07-2010 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viqsi (Post 26792275)
I'll bet I can guess the angle: This + Boots = "pattern of corruption" and/or "corrupt franchise". ;) :rolleyes:

Reading Tennessean articles is like listening to the death throws of a man you don't like sinking in quicksand.