HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   OT: Beer Thread II (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=796990)

Telos 07-07-2010 04:19 PM

Beer Thread II

DAS BOOT!

http://www.truebeer.com/assets/image...eer-boot-b.jpg

Zad 07-07-2010 04:33 PM

First *****es!

Gentle Ben Kenobi 07-07-2010 04:43 PM

Second *****es!

Buddy The Elf 07-07-2010 05:10 PM

Last!

Buddy The Elf 07-07-2010 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cutty Sarkness
No, what I do get for drinking Coors Light is a crisp, cold, pure taste of the Rockies with half the calories of a regular brew

Dude... I'm not exactly sure what that thing was but stay away from those mini-kegs. I'm assuming it was something like that. You end up spending more time trying to get the beer out of the ****ing thing than you do drinking it. Or they foam up like crazy. Just not worth the hassle.

I too enjoy the Rocky Mountains but would much rather have a Banquet Beer than the light stuff. Coors and Coors Light are great afternoon beers. I couldn't put away 8 or 9 real beers in an afternoon like last weekend (the 4th) and stay up passed 9pm. You gotta pace yourself and those beers are perfect for that. If you get Coors Light, you never get too wasted. You pee it out before that happens.

silverstick 07-07-2010 05:26 PM

5th. -_____- meh...

Buddy The Elf 07-07-2010 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverstick (Post 26803606)
5th. -_____- meh...

This is a beer thread but I suppose booze works too. A 5th of what?

kingpest19 07-07-2010 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf (Post 26803803)
This is a beer thread but I suppose booze works too. A 5th of what?

A 5th of Bombay Sapphire always works.

Reaper45 07-07-2010 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf (Post 26803347)
Dude... I'm not exactly sure what that thing was but stay away from those mini-kegs. I'm assuming it was something like that. You end up spending more time trying to get the beer out of the ****ing thing than you do drinking it. Or they foam up like crazy. Just not worth the hassle.

I too enjoy the Rocky Mountains but would much rather have a Banquet Beer than the light stuff. Coors and Coors Light are great afternoon beers. I couldn't put away 8 or 9 real beers in an afternoon like last weekend (the 4th) and stay up passed 9pm. You gotta pace yourself and those beers are perfect for that. If you get Coors Light, you never get too wasted. You pee it out before that happens.

Beer elitist's give me **** for drinking Coors and Coors light, but an ice cold Coors Light when it's really hot is ****ing refreshing.

JDM 07-07-2010 07:55 PM

Out of all the piss beer, I actually like Coors Light.

Bud can **** off though, I refuse.

What really annoyed me was at every July 4th gathering I went to, people were serving up boatloads of Tecate. I'd pump Bud into my veins before 'enjoying' a Tecate.... that **** is utterly and purely ****ing disgusting.

Drinking a Stone Ruination right now that I picked up with Zad and DIEHARD last week. Mmmmmmmm.... yum.

kingpest19 07-07-2010 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDM (Post 26806674)

What really annoyed me was at every July 4th gathering I went to, people were serving up boatloads of Tecate. I'd pump Bud into my veins before 'enjoying' a Tecate.... that **** is utterly and purely ****ing disgusting.

Drinking a Stone Ruination right now that I picked up with Zad and DIEHARD last week. Mmmmmmmm.... yum.

Nice choice

Reaper45 07-07-2010 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDM (Post 26806674)

You what's worse than Tecate? Tecate light. It tastes like metal flavored water.

JDM 07-07-2010 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper45 (Post 26806953)
You what's worse than Tecate? Tecate light. It tastes like metal flavored water.

The last time I had a Tecate was in the parking lot at Staples. I'd tried drinking it, couldn't. Shotgunned it. Almost puked.

As we Jews say, NEVER AGAIN!

JDM 07-07-2010 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo (Post 26808540)
My stout ****ing kicks ass!

Can I try?

Roxo 07-09-2010 09:19 PM

Have you ever had Primo? Pick some up and let me know what you think.

http://santabarbarasurfer.com/forum/...1&d=1234838223

Roxo 07-09-2010 09:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Another nice find.

LeanSixSigma 07-10-2010 07:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Has anyone tried Rickard's White? It is like a Belgian White.

Attachment 40583

riznat 07-10-2010 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeanSixSigma (Post 26858594)
Has anyone tried Rickard's White? It is like a Belgian White.

Attachment 40583

similar to Shock Top?

Gentle Ben Kenobi 07-11-2010 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by riznat (Post 26859616)
similar to Shock Top?

Haven't tried shock top. (something about that name and bottle bothers me)

Hoegaarden or Mothership wit are other Belgian Wits

Alternate Jersey 07-12-2010 12:32 PM

not gonna lie...if i'm shotgunning a beer and/or drinking an $8 for a 12-pack kind of beer, i go for the blue ribbon.

*braces for impact*

that being said, of all beers i love newcastle lots.

Buddy The Elf 07-12-2010 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrjonesluckiest (Post 26879525)
not gonna lie...if i'm shotgunning a beer and/or drinking an $8 for a 12-pack kind of beer, i go for the blue ribbon.

*braces for impact*

that being said, of all beers i love newcastle lots.

PBR isn't bad either as far as cheap beers go. I buy it. I'll buy Busch too when I'm really slummin it. It reminds me of Michigan.

There is nothing wrong with cheap beer. I love good beer and all but I can't afford to stock my fridge with the good stuff all the time. Plus once you've had 3 or 4 good beers, I usually switch to the swill anyways since it all goes down easy then.

SLang 07-12-2010 02:01 PM

Latecomer to the beer thread. Where is Pacifico stacking up in the minds of the HF Kings board beer drinkers? Personaly, I love it.

If I'm going for efficiency, though, I can't beat Tanqueray.

Cutty Sarkn3ss* 07-12-2010 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLang (Post 26881082)
Latecomer to the beer thread. Where is Pacifico stacking up in the minds of the HF Kings board beer drinkers? Personaly, I love it.

If I'm going for efficiency, though, I can't beat Tanqueray.

I actually do prefer Pacifico over Corona but if it's stacked next to Corona and I need to buy some beer for a party, I usually always just buy the Corona . . . not sure why. . . I guess their commercials are better . . Come to think of it, I can't remember the last time I saw a Pacifico ad. . if ever.

2faded 07-12-2010 06:11 PM

Im more of an Ale drinker and love the taste of darker beers. But recently i got hooked on Tsingtao. Not the one with the green label but the white label that says pure draft beer or something on it. delicious.

Anyone ever had it?

I had the green label one night at Hop Li's. It was alright. I saw the white label one day at the liqour store and decided to pick it up. Yum.

http://www.crownimportsllc.com/image...aft_bottle.jpg

Buddy The Elf 07-12-2010 06:16 PM

Pacifico = good
Corona = always tastes warm no matter how cold it is and it is probably my least favorite beer