HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Florida Panthers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Prospect Info: prospect camp (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=797056)

DJ ROCHE 07-07-2010 06:58 PM

prospect camp

Does anyone know if the panthers are going to have a prospect camp,and where and when.thanks

Blad Meaning Gud 07-07-2010 07:06 PM

wondering the same myself.. wanna get some eyes on our prospects and here some thoughts

Boooooth10 07-07-2010 07:41 PM

It's going to be at Incredible Ice (or whatever they call it now) in Coral Springs. I have no idea when, though.

And I will definitely be going. :nod:

TimHortons 07-07-2010 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boooooth10 (Post 26806382)
It's going to be at Incredible Ice (or whatever they call it now) in Coral Springs. I have no idea when, though.

And I will definitely be going. :nod:

B10, I'm going to be greedy here and ask you to get some pics and video if possible. Would be MUCH appreciated.

I'd assume it's going to be relatively soon as most teams run their camps in July.

Boooooth10 07-07-2010 08:20 PM

Yeah Ill take some pics. I did last year too. Can't wait to see Guds. :)

vektorious 07-07-2010 11:14 PM

booooooth10, you know the dates/times? Is it going to be open to the public to spectate? I used to go to the panthers practices a lot last year...I actually played open hockey on the new surface they added for the panthers....best ice in south florida! Cool to play on the same ice the panthers are going to be skating on all year!

Acadmus 07-08-2010 07:30 AM

I've tried searching - some other teams are having camps right now or had them already (Bruins and Stars). Can't find anything on the Panthers, neither on their site nor the Saveology Iceplex site. But if they're having it somewhere else, it wouldn't be on the latter. So I wonder if they're even planning one?

Biggzy* 07-08-2010 07:47 AM

I'll likely be going, depending on the day of the week it falls on. I'm crossing my fingers its not a Monday.

I'll try and take some pics too.

Boooooth10 07-08-2010 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vektorious (Post 26810813)
booooooth10, you know the dates/times? Is it going to be open to the public to spectate? I used to go to the panthers practices a lot last year...I actually played open hockey on the new surface they added for the panthers....best ice in south florida! Cool to play on the same ice the panthers are going to be skating on all year!

Last year the camp was open to the public. Not sure what day it's on though. Maybe GR will post it on his blog.

Edit: I found it.

-- The Panthers will hold their rookie camp at their training facility in Coral Springs in the week prior to training camp. The Panthers are scheduled to open camp on Sept. 10.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/flapa...gents-too.html

Acadmus 07-08-2010 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boooooth10 (Post 26814514)
Last year the camp was open to the public. Not sure what day it's on though. Maybe GR will post it on his blog.

Edit: I found it.

-- The Panthers will hold their rookie camp at their training facility in Coral Springs in the week prior to training camp. The Panthers are scheduled to open camp on Sept. 10.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/flapa...gents-too.html

You're confusing the prospect camp with the rookie camp. It's a different thing. Last year I think they held their prospect camp in late June (was shocked at it being so soon after the draft). But no word this season.

Boooooth10 07-08-2010 08:46 AM

Oh, I think you're right. My bad. I was looking through My pictures folder and I had the pictures I took labeled rookie camp 09. I guess I should have checked that out first.

What's the difference between rookie and prospect camp? The rookie camp I went to had prospects like Plante, Salak, Jenks, Kulikov, Ellerby, etc..

PanthersRule96 07-08-2010 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boooooth10 (Post 26814748)
Oh, I think you're right. My bad. I was looking through My pictures folder and I had the pictures I took labeled rookie camp 09. I guess I should have checked that out first.

What's the difference between rookie and prospect camp? The rookie camp I went to had prospects like Plante, Salak, Jenks, Kulikov, Ellerby, etc..

Prospect camp is basically a developmental camp where even the college guys who aren't on contract can come out to. It's where they do drills and the coaching staff works with guys and tells them what they need to improve for the summer/work on etc..Usually a lot of off-ice stuff is involved too, just teaching them how to be professionals since it involves a lot of the recently drafted guys.

Rookie camp starts a week before training camp usually, where all the young guys report early, take their physicals, and try to make it to the main camp. I don't think college players can attend this unless they give up their eligibility to sign.

jol 07-08-2010 02:48 PM

It looks like other teams (like Tampa) have their prospect camps starting at this weekend.

JOL

JP Mick 07-08-2010 03:05 PM

You would think they would have announced it by now. Hello Panthers! Prospect camp anyone? Hello??

Markstrom Rules 07-08-2010 11:53 PM

Yeah, that is weird. Usually they've announced their plans for the prospects camp by this time of year.

Gudbranson44 07-09-2010 01:17 AM

I was listening to a GR interview on the radio yesterday and he said the panthers has nothing official when it comes to prospect camp, they only have the rookie camp scheduled and thats probably how its going to happen

JP Mick 07-09-2010 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoisournextbure (Post 26832462)
I was listening to a GR interview on the radio yesterday and he said the panthers has nothing official when it comes to prospect camp, they only have the rookie camp scheduled and thats probably how its going to happen

Cool thanks. Maybe they will bring in the prospects a little before rookie camp.

Acadmus 07-09-2010 06:59 AM

Quote:

I actually don't like that. The point of prospect camp is to help the prospects understand what sort of training they'll need over the summer to have even a slim shot of making the team's roster. If they don't get that until September, they won't have time for the typical off-season training before their playing seasons start, and I'm pretty sure the training focus is different at that point. Sets them back a whole summer.

Markstrom Rules 07-09-2010 11:38 PM

Quote:

Wow. Lame.

Gudbranson44 07-10-2010 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acadmus (Post 26833740)
I actually don't like that. The point of prospect camp is to help the prospects understand what sort of training they'll need over the summer to have even a slim shot of making the team's roster. If they don't get that until September, they won't have time for the typical off-season training before their playing seasons start, and I'm pretty sure the training focus is different at that point. Sets them back a whole summer.

I agree with you but I still understand why this is how it is now.. Things are changing around here, we're still hiring people. Im sure Skrudland is doing his job now and visiting our guys, saying the right things to them and give advice on how to be in great shape this coming training camp.

I would like to see some vids though wiht the new prospects in panthers jerseys

FinlandPanther 07-10-2010 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoisournextbure (Post 26850844)
I agree with you but I still understand why this is how it is now.. Things are changing around here, we're still hiring people. Im sure Skrudland is doing his job now and visiting our guys, saying the right things to them and give advice on how to be in great shape this coming training camp.

I would like to see some vids though wiht the new prospects in panthers jerseys

seconded!