HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Nashville - Vancouver (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=798028)

Hi-wayman 07-10-2010 02:54 PM

Nashville - Vancouver

To Nashville: Kevin Bieksa and Sergie Shirokov

To Vancouver: Jon Blum and Jerred Smithson

Webersmashpuck 07-10-2010 03:03 PM

No chance. Bieksa has negative value to Nashville and you are not getting our best prospect for him.

GotKush* 07-10-2010 03:25 PM

Yea I don't think Bieksa has negative value but Nashville has no use for him and I wish the Canucks could grab Blum. I don't see Nashville trading him away.

markisonfire 07-10-2010 03:29 PM

Blum for Hodgson?

Joe T Choker 07-10-2010 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Webersmashpuck (Post 26855499)
No chance. Bieksa has negative value to Nashville and you are not getting our best prospect for him.

our best prospect is already in Nashville on the big club, yet he didn't play enough games last year to be taken off the prospect list

BigFatCat999 07-10-2010 04:02 PM

No, Bieska is too much money.

Hi-wayman 07-10-2010 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GotKush (Post 26855731)
Yea I don't think Bieksa has negative value but Nashville has no use for him and I wish the Canucks could grab Blum. I don't see Nashville trading him away.

It would seem Nashville fans think Shirokov is a throw in. Shirokov is a better forward prospect than anything Nashville has except for maybe Colin Wilson and according to Scott Arniel, Shirokov is ready for the NHL this season.

Plus I agree with you. It is laughable to consider Bieksa a negative value. He may not fit the type of defenseman Nashville needs, but he is still a valuable NHL defenseman. A right hand shot, speed, scoring and nasty.

N O T O R I O U S 07-10-2010 04:20 PM

Take out Blum & it would look interesting

Hi-wayman 07-10-2010 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karzanPalani (Post 26856385)
Take out Blum & it would look interesting

Very funny. No, but actually from a Canucks point of view, this trade proposal began around the Canucks acquiring Smithson and just grew to include Blum. And also no, the Canucks would not be interested in trading either of Bieksa or Shirokov for a 31 year old, 4th liner who will be a UFA next season.

If a trade can't be worked out between Vancouver and Nashville, then one of Bieksa or O'Brien will make the Canucks roster this season and the other will be traded for good value to some other NHL team. Shirokov, as a rookie, will likely start off on the Canucks third line or be the first call up from the minors. Either that or he could be traded to another team that needs scoring (Columbus would be the most likely as Arniel knows his capabilities) for defensive prospect depth.

As for the Oiler's, I wish you all the best in the upcoming season. You have had a tough hill to climb these past few years.