HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Boom and Bust 2010-2011 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=798470)

Top 6 Spaling 07-12-2010 12:01 PM

Boom and Bust 2010-2011
 
Saw this in the Blue Jackets sectrion (:shakehead) and thought it'd be interesting to apply to the Predators.

Name one player who you think will exceed expectations next season and one who will dissapoint.

Boom- Sergei Kostitsyn
Call me crazy, but I've got a great feeling about this guy. I have a hunch that Poile signed a top six winger to a deal at almost league minimum, not to mention more incentive for Rads to come back. I'm excited to see SK and Lombardi on a line next year :yo:

Bust- Blum (if/whenhe gets called up)
I think Blum will be a solid player, but not as great as we all expect. IMO, Josi is going to be better, and Franson is miles ahead of Blum. Really hoping he proves me wrong on this one

BigFatCat999 07-12-2010 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gopreds9 (Post 26879043)
Saw this in the Blue Jackets sectrion (:shakehead) and thought it'd be interesting to apply to the Predators.

Name one player who you think will exceed expectations next season and one who will dissapoint.

Boom- Sergei Kostitsyn
Call me crazy, but I've got a great feeling about this guy. I have a hunch that Poile signed a top six winger to a deal at almost league minimum, not to mention more incentive for Rads to come back. I'm excited to see SK and Lombardi on a line next year :yo:

Bust- Blum (if/whenhe gets called up)
I think Blum will be a solid player, but not as great as we all expect. IMO, Josi is going to be better, and Franson is miles ahead of Blum. Really hoping he proves me wrong on this one

I see this for both but I can't consider Blum a Bust because I don't expect him to be a starter for Nashville.

Boom: SK Bust: Andersson

Viqsi 07-12-2010 12:49 PM

Absolutely nothing wrong with copying from DSL. He's kind of our franchise poster. ;)


Surprise: Wilson. I still think this kid's going to take off and shock people.

Disappoint: Hornqvist. I think too many folks are expecting he'll put up similar or better numbers, and I think he's going to dip a little, which will likely cause much wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Webersmashpuck 07-12-2010 02:05 PM

Boom - Matthew Lombardi

As much as some people like to think its not true, Trotz brings out the best in players offensively. Lombardi is a Trotz player and I think he will do like Dumont and come in and blow away his career numbers.

Bust - Joel Ward/Marcel Goc

With the influx of fowards this year, I see these two having a decrease in ice time which obvious would impact their offensive numbers. I would be surprised to see Ward breaking 30 points and Goc breaking 25.

roseyc 07-12-2010 02:37 PM

Boom- Colin Wilson

The move to put him back at center and a complete season he will flourish it's not out of the range for him to score 20-25 goals

Bust- David Legwand

This is Legwand's year to get injured and be out for some time he's due. Which only will add to his legacy

TMI 07-12-2010 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roseyc (Post 26881930)
Boom- Colin Wilson
This is Legwand's year to get injured and be out for some time he's due. Which only will add to his legacy

Out of all the times Legwand has been hurt for any prolonged stretch I can't remember once it doing anything but hurting the team.


Boom: Pekka Rinne. I think with a much larger work load Rinne is going to be able to gain and keep confidence. He's looked as if he thrives as a workhorse, so I fully expect this season to be his best. (Close second: Shea Weber)

Bust: I have to agree with Viqsi on this one. I don't see Hornqvist repeating his season. With the way he plays I feel like he'll be hurt at least once, possibly more. I hope I'm wrong.

Top 6 Spaling 07-12-2010 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThirdManIn (Post 26882662)
Out of all the times Legwand has been hurt for any prolonged stretch I can't remember once it doing anything but hurting the team.


Boom: Pekka Rinne. I think with a much larger work load Rinne is going to be able to gain and keep confidence. He's looked as if he thrives as a workhorse, so I fully expect this season to be his best. (Close second: Shea Weber)

Bust: I have to agree with Viqsi on this one. I don't see Hornqvist repeating his season. With the way he plays I feel like he'll be hurt at least once, possibly more. I hope I'm wrong.

Im not so sure about Rinne. I hope he stays at the level he played at toward the end of last year, but we all know the starting goalie curse here. That said, he will stay our starter. Mark Dekanich/who ever else we throw in as backup won't be half as good as Rinne, but I think Rinne has a slighly worse year. God I hope Im wrong. Hes our cornerstone.....

TMI 07-12-2010 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gopreds9 (Post 26882775)
Im not so sure about Rinne. I hope he stays at the level he played at toward the end of last year, but we all know the starting goalie curse here. That said, he will stay our starter. Mark Dekanich/who ever else we throw in as backup won't be half as good as Rinne, but I think Rinne has a slighly worse year. God I hope Im wrong. Hes our cornerstone.....

Well, I picked Rinne because he did have an off year last year. A lot of people, myself included, feel that the goalie rotation hurt him significantly. If he can maintain his performance from the time he gained the starter role last year until we were eliminated from the play offs he will automatically have a better year. Even if he has a two or three game slide. This is his team now, and I expect him to take the reigns fully prepared.

I Will Son 07-12-2010 03:36 PM

Boom-Martin Erat
I have a feeling with all the playmakers on the team Erat will start shooting the puck more. He would be considered a Sniper if he feels like shooting more. Someone is going to have to start shooting more and I think it will be him.

Bust-Steve Sullivan

Dont get me wrong I love the guy. One of my favorite Preds ever. I dont see much in the tank for him and with all the young guys and new players I think he will be a 2nd or 3rd liner. I hope he proves me wrong.

Fan of The Game 07-12-2010 05:04 PM

Boom: SK, how can you be a bust at 500k?

Bust: Hornqvist, hard to beat what he did last year.

ZombPred 07-12-2010 08:07 PM

Boom: Ryan Suter (he's gonna prove that he should of got the C)

Bust: JP Dumont (spiraling on down)

PredsV82 07-12-2010 09:29 PM

Boom: Weber (we forget last year was actually a little bit of an off year) Even with lofty expectations I think the C and the new deal energize him and he gets his first of many Norris nominations
Bust: Ward (I think he was a flash in the pan)

Predsrule 07-12-2010 10:18 PM

Boom : Franson

Bust: Andersson

Roman Yoshi 07-13-2010 07:26 AM

Boom: David Legwand. I know risky! This will be the year legwand breaks 50 points

Bust: O'Reilly.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:38 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.