HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Det & Mtl Trade Proposal. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=80061)

Cup 05-25-2004 11:57 AM

Det & Mtl Trade Proposal.

To Montreal:
D Jiri Fischer
C Jiri Hudler

To Detroit:
RW Michael Ryder

Guy Caballero 05-25-2004 12:00 PM

Nope.

Blind Gardien 05-25-2004 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cup4Wings
To Montreal:
D Jiri Fischer
C Jiri Hudler

To Detroit:
RW Michael Ryder

That's one of the first trade "proposals" around here that almost made me think "hmmmm...", at least. But: Fischer seems to be stalled. If you asked me last year, I would have been a lot happier about the Fischer side of it. And Hudler... we already have a lot of small nifty guys around it seems, and even if he pans out to the max of his potential, we still need Ryder's modest size and finishing touch a bit more. It's an interesting deal though. All the players involved are just unproven enough that it could go a lot of ways. I don't suppose you'd do the same deal for Ribeiro instead, by any chance? :naughty:

Marc the Habs Fan 05-25-2004 12:06 PM

Good trade value wise, but Habs don't have a need for Hudler and while Fischer is good, we need Ryder especially with Kovalev's UFA status, no more Balej and potentially no Perezhogin next year.

Jaded-Fan 05-25-2004 12:17 PM

He is offering Jiri Fischer and Jiri Hudler on every HF team board. On our board he wanted the first round pick that could be Crosby (50/50 chance) if there is a strike that loses all of next year and at the very least would be Brule as part of a package. Maybe he does not like guys named Jiri. But I said no dice there, I would not cash in that lottery ticket even if it is only a chance if I were Craig Patrick, not for a couple of guys named Jiri anyways. Kinda makes you wonder if he, the one who saw them game in game out, is so desperate to unload them, why any of us would be takers.

coaticook 05-25-2004 12:30 PM

let me think... no!

tiredman 05-25-2004 12:38 PM

montreal 05-25-2004 12:59 PM

I don't really care for Hudler. I was just watching the Czech/Slovak wjc game and Hudler got away with at least 3 big dives. One the stick touched his leg and he just dropped to the ice. Another one was a hook on his foot, and his other foot somehow went flying in the air. Refs didn't call any of it, but the Habs really dont need another small forward, we got the market cornered already.

Plus I think Ryder can be a 30+ goal scorer as his wrist shot if wicked. He was disappointing in the playoffs, but perhaps it was his inexperience. Either way he's got a great shot and isn't afraid to use it.

There's just no reason for the Habs to move him, zero chance of this deal, imo. :shakehead

Marksman 05-25-2004 01:15 PM

Well, Czech league is notoriously famous of the art of diving.

Ryder wont be going anywhere any time soon, for the reasons other posters mention above.

Which leads me to think - Cup4Wings, how about Ribeiro for Fischer+Hudler?

When you think about it, trading Ribs for Hudler makes sence. :)

Mooch 05-25-2004 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marksman2
Well, Czech league is notoriously famous of the art of diving.

Ryder wont be going anywhere any time soon, for the reasons other posters mention above.

Which leads me to think - Cup4Wings, how about Ribeiro for Fischer+Hudler?

When you think about it, trading Ribs for Hudler makes sence. :)

If it was Ribs, id do it in a second!!!!

chicpea* 05-25-2004 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by montreal
I don't really care for Hudler. I was just watching the Czech/Slovak wjc game and Hudler got away with at least 3 big dives. One the stick touched his leg and he just dropped to the ice. Another one was a hook on his foot, and his other foot somehow went flying in the air.

Whenever I think of Hudler I think of this very performance. In the end I think he got it for real from Phaneuf (if I recall correctly).

zetterberg40 05-25-2004 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guy Caballero
Nope.

agreed, from a Detroit POV i wouldnt do that at all... Im not a fan of ryder at all, not impressed by anything he does for some reason. :dunno:

id rather keep fisch and huds

Mooch 05-25-2004 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zetterberg40
agreed, from a Detroit POV i wouldnt do that at all... Im not a fan of ryder at all, not impressed by anything he does for some reason. :dunno:

He meant no way as in...."id never give up Ryder for that" ;)

Darz 05-25-2004 01:24 PM

Quote:

Just curious what it is about Ryder you don't like. I'm not questioning your opinion, your opinion is your opinion, but Ryder is one of those hustle type players that fans of almost any team like.

VAN-HAB 05-25-2004 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darz
Just curious what it is about Ryder you don't like. I'm not questioning your opinion, your opinion is your opinion, but Ryder is one of those hustle type players that fans of almost any team like.

I guess he said that in response to the posters before who didn't like Hudler...funny

Marksman 05-25-2004 01:32 PM

Quote:

Yeah, I'd rather have Gagne too for those (as posted on Flyers board).:joker:

Habsaholic 05-25-2004 02:41 PM

Quote:

To Montreal:
D Jiri Fischer
C Jiri Hudler

To Detroit:
RW Michael Ryder

Is this a joke? :dunno:

H3ro 05-25-2004 03:54 PM

Quote:

To Montreal:
D Jiri Fischer
C Jiri Hudler

To Detroit:
RW Michael Ryder

And Habs' Fan are supposed to make the worst trades proposals?

toughstuff 05-25-2004 05:37 PM

I like this trade. It is fair in terms of value but Mtl has no need for Hudler. We have similar smallish albeit less talented players.

Michael Ryder will be a solide player for several years to come.

Jiri Fischer ... I would like to get our hands on.

EaGLE1 05-25-2004 05:47 PM

I would do Ryder vs Gagne.

We get a better 2 way-forward + more speed at the expense of less scoring touch.

Brisson11 05-25-2004 05:52 PM

Ryder is a futur Big Star! I can't think of any reason not to like him. Hmm maybe his deadly accurate shot is sort of a bad thing to have :dunno: :p:

Aarex 05-25-2004 06:35 PM

Hrm I like this proposal the only stand off is Hudler...we really don't have place for him as our depth at C is pretty strong what we really need is talented LW players. Fisher without a question i'd like to get my hands on.

EDIT: Just noticed toughstuff basically said exactly what I just did :|

KOMO_ROCKS 05-25-2004 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EaGLE1
I would do Ryder vs Gagne.

We get a better 2 way-forward + more speed at the expense of less scoring touch.

And why exactly would Philly trade away their team Canada member again? Lets be happy with what we have.....Ryder is a young stud who is doing great in Montreal right now and someone we can use :teach: