HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Toronto - Calgary (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=800970)

GIN ANTONIC 07-19-2010 10:38 PM

Toronto - Calgary
 
:leafs get :flames

:flames get :leafs

Think Burke or Sutter would do it?
:dunno:

denkiteki 07-19-2010 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRAINIAC (Post 26998368)
:leafs get :flames

:flames get :leafs

Think Burke or Sutter would do it?
:dunno:

Fair value but Tor needs to get their 2011 1st back first.

N O T O R I O U S 07-19-2010 10:42 PM

Toronto says no

alpine4life 07-19-2010 10:44 PM

I think Sutter would still find a way to screw things up... :sarcasm:

Ikarn Johal* 07-19-2010 10:45 PM

Burke says no because leafs ar almost the team he likes. Sutter says no because he wants to win now to save his job or just save his life after many stupid moves this season. Flames are a better team now but I would rather have tml in a couple years.

Dark Knight 07-19-2010 10:47 PM

:laugh:

No way in hell !!

Galchenyum 07-19-2010 10:49 PM

IMO, Toronto says no... I really like Calgary and despise the Laffs but I think Toronto is looking a lot better for the future than Calgary. I'm not even sure Calgary will be ahead of Toronto in the standings this upcoming season.

Kritty 07-19-2010 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Five Year Plan (Post 26998590)
IMO, Toronto says no... I really like Calgary and despise the Laffs but I think Toronto is looking a lot better for the future than Calgary. I'm not even sure Calgary will be ahead of Toronto in the standings this upcoming season.

Wow that's bad. This is the same group of people that were calling Calgary a cup contender at the start of last year and now they will be lucky to make the playoffs. On paper this is a good team, top to bottom, just look at it. There is no way the Leafs have the lineup the Flames have. Calgary will be a playoff team and will contend for the division title. People can laugh all they want at the Tanguay and Jokinen signings, but Tanguay had a career year in Calgary and Jokinen at 3 million could be a massive steal.

WJG 07-19-2010 10:57 PM

Kotalik for Finger.

Galchenyum 07-19-2010 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kritty (Post 26998698)
Wow that's bad. This is the same group of people that were calling Calgary a cup contender at the start of last year and now they will be lucky to make the playoffs. On paper this is a good team, top to bottom, just look at it. There is no way the Leafs have the lineup the Flames have. Calgary will be a playoff team and will contend for the division title. People can laugh all they want at the Tanguay and Jokinen signings, but Tanguay had a career year in Calgary and Jokinen at 3 million could be a massive steal.

You may be right. We'll see I guess.

Skobel24 07-19-2010 11:02 PM

To Toronto
Hagman
Stajan
Rights to White
Rights to Mayars

To Calgary
Phaneuf
Aulie

I know the value is off, and its never going to happen, but I bet you something along these lines could be done. It will shock everyone.

MAYBE if White and Mayars were signed.

Skipee 07-19-2010 11:04 PM

If I were the Flames I'd sign Toskala and then do this trade. Just to drink all the delicious tears of Leaves fans.

Galchenyum 07-19-2010 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skipee (Post 26998851)
If I were the Flames I'd sign Toskala and then do this trade. Just to drink all the delicious tears of Leaves fans.

I don't know why, but this always cracks me up. :laugh:

denkiteki 07-19-2010 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skobel55 (Post 26998824)
To Toronto
Hagman
Stajan
Rights to White
Rights to Mayars

To Calgary
Phaneuf
Aulie

I know the value is off, and its never going to happen, but I bet you something along these lines could be done. It will shock everyone.

MAYBE if White and Mayars were signed.

Need a 3rd party involved. The rights to Mayars right now belongs to his agent.:nod:

Bourne Endeavor 07-19-2010 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kritty (Post 26998698)
Wow that's bad. This is the same group of people that were calling Calgary a cup contender at the start of last year and now they will be lucky to make the playoffs. On paper this is a good team, top to bottom, just look at it. There is no way the Leafs have the lineup the Flames have. Calgary will be a playoff team and will contend for the division title. People can laugh all they want at the Tanguay and Jokinen signings, but Tanguay had a career year in Calgary and Jokinen at 3 million could be a massive steal.

People thought Toronto would at least be a bubble team and look what became of them. Calgary will be in no position to contend for anything beyond a bottom seed in the playoffs. This is not meat to insinuate they are a horrid team, simply their competition is worlds superior. Vancouver will outright dominate them and I would argue Colorado is a better team due to chemistry and coaching.

Calgary's success is a remarkable question mark unfortunately, and completely reliant upon a handful of underachievers to rebound all at the same time. I may be confident in Iginla and Tanguay, I am less so in Jokinen and Bouwmeester; the latter through the fault of Sutter and his idiotic defensive minded coaching system. Your team is offensive based. :facepalm:

Skobel24 07-19-2010 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by denkiteki (Post 26998908)
Need a 3rd party involved. The rights to Mayars right now belongs to his agent.:nod:

Damn, guess that trade is unrealistic then... :P

Skobel24 07-19-2010 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bourne (Post 26998949)
People thought Toronto would at least be a bubble team and look what became of them. Calgary will be in no position to contend for anything beyond a bottom seed in the playoffs. This is not meat to insinuate they are a horrid team, simply their competition is worlds superior. Vancouver will outright dominate them and I would argue Colorado is a better team due to chemistry and coaching.

Calgary's success is a remarkable question mark unfortunately, and completely reliant upon a handful of underachievers to rebound all at the same time. I may be confident in Iginla and Tanguay, I am less so in Jokinen and Bouwmeester; the latter through the fault of Sutter and his idiotic defensive minded coaching system. Your team is offensive based. :facepalm:

I really don't know what to think of this team. Alot of players had bad seasons, if even half of them can bounce back, I can see us contending for the division. Unfortunately, I can also see them near the bottom.

HighLifeMan 07-19-2010 11:17 PM

Never.

JurassicTunga 07-19-2010 11:34 PM

40 wins 90 point top 9/10 team who underachieved last year. I expect way better next season and it will be.

Skobel24 07-19-2010 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JurassicTunga (Post 26999367)
40 wins 90 point top 9/10 team who underachieved last year. I expect way better next season and it will be.

My biggest concern is Kipper. He got it back together this year, praying he can do the same next year.

RogerRoeper* 07-19-2010 11:39 PM

Toronto says a big NO.

JurassicTunga 07-19-2010 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skobel55 (Post 26999436)
My biggest concern is Kipper. He got it back together this year, praying he can do the same next year.

I am confident in Kipper :)

RogerRoeper* 07-19-2010 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Five Year Plan (Post 26998880)
I don't know why, but this always cracks me up. :laugh:

People think "Leaves" is the proper spelling. It's not. 'Leafs" is correct.

Stewie Griffin 07-20-2010 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRAINIAC (Post 26998368)
:leafs get :flames

:flames get :leafs

Think Burke or Sutter would do it?
:dunno:

My, what an original and new concept, that has never been stated before either in jest or in partial truths.

:sarcasm:

SeenSchenn2 07-20-2010 12:06 AM

Sorry, Leaf-Flame deals only work when the Flames get absolutely fleeced.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:59 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.