HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   What I did after game 5 loss to Chicago! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=801431)

SgtJoseph 07-21-2010 02:06 AM

What I did after game 5 loss to Chicago!

That Sunday evening i was sitting in my living room here in Northwest Florida [Destin] and my wife looked at me and knew i really wanted to go back home to South Jersey [westville] where i was raised and left to join the Air Force back in 1976, to watch game 6 with my buddies that i grew up with. At 11pm she said honey do you want to go home and watch game 6 with your buds ? I said i sure would like that.

Well an hour and a half later i was on my Harley heading north,and got to westville early Tues morning...Had a great pregame party with my buddies, got to see a bunch of folks i have not seen in quite a few years etc.It was one heck of a hockey game,and certainly the way it ended was really tough to take....But it was one helluva season, and one helluva ride...I left out Sat morning and rolled back to my driveway Sunday evening.....If they get into the finals next season i will probably do it again, overall it was a great time, maybe next year they can finish the job. Go Flyers !

RJ8812* 07-21-2010 05:57 AM

ok...

CharlieGirl 07-21-2010 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SgtJoseph (Post 27021135)
That Sunday evening i was sitting in my living room here in Northwest Florida [Destin] and my wife looked at me and knew i really wanted to go back home to South Jersey [westville] where i was raised and left to join the Air Force back in 1976, to watch game 6 with my buddies that i grew up with. At 11pm she said honey do you want to go home and watch game 6 with your buds ? I said i sure would like that.

Well an hour and a half later i was on my Harley heading north,and got to westville early Tues morning...Had a great pregame party with my buddies, got to see a bunch of folks i have not seen in quite a few years etc.It was one heck of a hockey game,and certainly the way it ended was really tough to take....But it was one helluva season, and one helluva ride...I left out Sat morning and rolled back to my driveway Sunday evening.....If they get into the finals next season i will probably do it again, overall it was a great time, maybe next year they can finish the job. Go Flyers !

That's a hell of a ride! Sounds like a great trip - too bad it didn't end better.

DeadPhish5858 07-21-2010 07:39 AM

Nice! I would love to do something like that. But I don't ride a motorcycle and I have no where to go.

StandingCow 07-21-2010 08:37 AM

I stared in disbelief... was at my uncle's ocean side rental house in Ocean City, NJ.

God, that goal still pisses me off. :shakehead

DUHockey9 07-21-2010 08:40 AM

It really was pretty crappy in person. No one had any idea what was going on. Everyone around me was just looking at each other asking what's happening.

DeadPhish5858 07-21-2010 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StandingCow (Post 27023029)
I stared in disbelief... was at my uncle's ocean side rental house in Ocean City, NJ.

God, that goal still pisses me off. :shakehead

I was in Ocean City too, but I live there.