HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Speculation: Are you comfortable with Leighton and Boucher duo 2010-11? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=801945)

Kaktus* 07-22-2010 01:15 PM

Are you comfortable with Leighton and Boucher duo 2010-11?
 
Are you?

Edit: Option "What can you do?" Basically a "f no" option.

Jester 07-22-2010 01:15 PM

**** no.

mercury 07-22-2010 01:16 PM

Of course not.

Mgkibbles 07-22-2010 01:16 PM

With our current defensive core kinda, but its pretty obvious theres much room for improvement since essentially all we have is two back-up/fringe starters.

Komarov47 07-22-2010 01:16 PM

good question, who knows? Leighton could be the next Craig Anderson !

turkinaa 07-22-2010 01:18 PM

Not really.

Lab Monkey 07-22-2010 01:18 PM

Hopefully this is Homers last season.

Garbage Goal 07-22-2010 01:19 PM

Yeah, the answer is pretty obvious here. 9 out of 10 people on here are going to say no. The only people who should say yes to this are idiots and casual fans.

Kaktus* 07-22-2010 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garbage Goal (Post 27046460)
Yeah, the answer is pretty obvious here. 9 out of 10 people on here are going to say no. The only people who should say yes to this are idiots and casual fans.

You mean Pittsburgh, NY Rangers and Leafs fans? :laugh:

phlocky 07-22-2010 01:21 PM

My question is why isn't there a big fat huge "EFF NO!!!!!" option????


Christ, we should have offered Gagne for Schneider, hell, we could have even included a 2020 2nd rnd pick to get it done (I think that's the first 2nd rnd pick we have seeing how our GM Homer Simpson hands them out like bubblegum to little kids).

DUHockey9 07-22-2010 01:21 PM

A Leighton/Boucher tanden for this season was my ULTIMATE nightmare as we were making our playoff run. I saw it coming even then, and sure enough, here we are.

The sad thing is. The rest of our team (especially the D) is so solid, that whoever is in goal will have at least moderate success, so all the supporters can claim "see...they're doing well!"

GoneFullHextall 07-22-2010 01:23 PM

this poll is going to bring in the trolls from other boards to click yes.
voted **** no obviously.

CharlieGirl 07-22-2010 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jester (Post 27046406)
**** no.

I was going to ask where the "**** no" option was.

Garbage Goal 07-22-2010 01:24 PM

Looks like it's a two-horse race between "No" and "What can you do?".

phlocky 07-22-2010 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DUHockey9 (Post 27046501)
A Leighton/Boucher tanden for this season was my ULTIMATE nightmare as we were making our playoff run. I saw it coming even then, and sure enough, here we are.

The sad thing is. The rest of our team (especially the D) is so solid, that whoever is in goal will have at least moderate success, so all the supporters can claim "see...they're doing well!"

Perfectly stated. Can you imagine this lineup with say Lunqvist or another top end goalie instead of the bottom of the barrel ones we have???

GoneFullHextall 07-22-2010 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lab Monkey (Post 27046457)
Hopefully this is Homers last season.

Holmgren will have to resign like Clarke did. Snider will never fire him.

Valhoun* 07-22-2010 01:30 PM

It's the way she goes.

bennysflyers16 07-22-2010 01:33 PM

Absol ****ing lutely mother ****ing

NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Since we neglected to make a move at the trade deadline I have not wanted this duo. We do not have a top 40 goalie in a 30 team league !!!! :laugh::help::rant:

RoDu 07-22-2010 01:56 PM

http://files.f1sk.net/random/noooo.jpg

JLHockeyKnight 07-22-2010 01:58 PM

I chose "What Can you do?" He performed great last year. I'll make my judgment for the rest of the season about 5 or 6 games into the season.

Garbage Goal 07-22-2010 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight (Post 27047192)
I chose "What Can you do?" He performed great last year. I'll make my judgment for the rest of the season about 5 or 6 games into the season.

I chose "What can you do?", but for facetious reasons.

I don't know how you can possibly avoid a question like this though. The question is whether or not you're comfortable with the tandem, not whether or not you think they'll succeed. You don't have to wait until the season has started to know whether or not you're comfortable with them.

JLHockeyKnight 07-22-2010 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garbage Goal (Post 27047528)
I chose "What can you do?", but for facetious reasons.

I don't know how you can possibly avoid a question like this though. The question is whether or not you're comfortable with the tandem, not whether or not you think they'll succeed. You don't have to wait until the season has started to know whether or not you're comfortable with them.

Yes I do. I don't get uncomfortable until I know it's a problem. And until we see it's a problem, it's not a problem. But thinking realistically, we've seen this combo perform, especially under pressure, over the course of months, which is a decent sample size. But both are still fairly "unproven" so this combo is a giant question mark. To say I'm comfortable is a lie because of the question mark. To say I'm uncomfortable is also a lie because we've seen them perform before. So I went with the "What Can You Do?" because it's a Homer theme and I want Turco.

Really the poll is limited. It really isn't a black or white answer. Should be shades of gray.

Jester 07-22-2010 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight (Post 27047782)
Yes I do. I don't get uncomfortable until I know it's a problem. And until we see it's a problem, it's not a problem. But thinking realistically, we've seen this combo perform, especially under pressure, over the course of months, which is a decent sample size. But both are still fairly "unproven" so this combo is a giant question mark. To say I'm comfortable is a lie because of the question mark. To say I'm uncomfortable is also a lie because we've seen them perform before. So I went with the "What Can You Do?" because it's a Homer theme and I want Turco.

Really the poll is limited. It really isn't a black or white answer. Should be shades of gray.

Not really, what you're saying right now is that you're comfortable with 'em... you're allowed to change your opinion, it isn't gotcha politics.

I'm not... best case scenario I see them being adequate during the regular season, but a problem against better teams.

CerpinTaxt 07-22-2010 02:30 PM

Not really comfortable, but among limited options (some that are better), its what can you do.

Hope they perform well though.

Wolfy 07-22-2010 02:40 PM

Where's Emery? He's not listed on the roster, Parent gone too.

I see a pattern here. Those two along with Gagne and Tollefsen had injury problems last season, Homer "fired" all four of them. If you sign with the Flyers you better not get injured :shakehead


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:47 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.