HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Hockey Fights (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=237)
-   -   Top 10 Fighters of the 2000s (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=802412)

S.S. Giggy 07-23-2010 04:55 PM

Top 10 Fighters of the 2000s

Simple question: Who are the NHL's top 10 fighters(can be heavyweight, middleweight, or lightweight) of the 2000s decade?

Devils Mike* 07-23-2010 11:05 PM

I think Chara takes number 1

Pepper 07-24-2010 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devils Mike (Post 27070925)

Is this some kind of poor joke?

IMHO it's between Brashear and Laraque, personally I'd give it to Big Georges but I'm slightly biased against Brashear.

jordan88 07-24-2010 01:48 PM

Alex Semin ..hands down :sarcasm:

TRASHCAT 07-24-2010 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jordan88 (Post 27076791)

beat me to it

ComixZone 07-24-2010 02:15 PM

for a middle-weight, Jarome Iginla tops all.

Alazais 07-24-2010 03:49 PM

Really? I think, outside of the guy who mentioned Brashear and Laraque, all of these are way off.

Two that come to mind that came along later in the decade and made a name for themselves are Colton Orr of the Toronto Maple Leafs and Rypien of the Vancouver Canucks.

Iginla is great and all, and he's even a decent fighter but he gets paid to score goals - not fight. Don't be so facetious.

Snauen* 07-24-2010 04:09 PM

Laraque
Godard
Brashear
Boogard
Naslund
Belak
McGrattan
Parker
Simon
Shelley (because of amount of fights in a decade, not skill)

overlords 07-24-2010 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devils Mike (Post 27070925)

lol. Okey dokey.

SR 07-24-2010 05:37 PM

BGL
Orr
Brash
Belak
McGrattan
Godard
Hordichuck
Boogaard
Shelley
Fedoruk - before he got his face broke twice, guy was a force, and deserves a mention in the top to.

HM - King, Rypein (you did say wight doesnt matter), Rechlicz, Parros.

Fighter 07-25-2010 04:58 AM

I wouldn't forget to mention Eric Cairns, at the start of this decade he was a beast.

evilstanley 07-25-2010 10:59 AM

iginla has to be there

lakai17 07-25-2010 12:53 PM

eric godard #1

oilersfan11 07-25-2010 02:01 PM

80's (Semenko,Nilan)
90's Probert
2000's Laraque

NJDEVILS17* 07-25-2010 03:09 PM

Georges Laraque
Donald Brashear
Chris Simon
Eric Godard
Eric Cairns
Jody Shelley
Wade Belak
Colton Orr
Brad May
Derek Boogaard

This was tough as there were a lot of guys who stopped playing after the lock-out. I wanted to put guys like Tie Domi (he played a bad season after the lock out), Matt Johnson, Jim McKenzie, Krzysztof Oliwa, etc. on there as well as Todd Fedoruk (was good until Boogaard broke his face).

funserious 07-26-2010 03:09 PM

I'd have to say my top whatever would be...

1. Georges Laraque, unquestionably the greatest fighter of the last 10 years

rest are not in order

Colton Orr, Jody Shelley, Donald Brashear, Wade Belak, PJ Stock ;), Shawn Thornton, maybe Boogaard.

c-carp 07-26-2010 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jordan88 (Post 27076791)

I know you are joking, but why does this have to happen every time that we have a discussion about best fighters of a decade or any kind of a best fighter.

Here would be my top 10

Georges Laraque-Powerful lefthanded fighter who was as feared as they come

Donald Brashear-Same as Laraque, I just think Georges was a hair better.

Derek Boogaard-Will be the man to beat now that Georges and Donald are probably gone. This guy is not only huge but knows how to fight.

Colton Orr-Classic action fighter, this dude fights wide open so he will take some losses, but he will also have some big wins. Just look at his rivalry with Matt Carkner.

Eric Godard-A fighter much like Orr, high action.

The next five get a bit tougher

Brian McGrattan-Very tough guy that could be ranked higher but has had some injuries and personal problems.

Jody Shelley-A veteran for sure who has moved around a lot recently but still does the job and does it well.

Darcy Hordichuk- A smaller guy who has been around a long time now and is beggining to show signs of slowing down a bit but still can go like hell.

DJ King-if he hadnt had the injuries that he has had he would be in the top 5 hopefully he can stay healthy and prove it.

George Parros-A high volume guy who always shows up and does his job.

Wheatking 07-26-2010 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c-carp (Post 27105372)
I know you are joking, but why does this have to happen every time that we have a discussion about best fighters of a decade or any kind of a best fighter.

Here would be my top 10

Derek Boogaard-Will be the man to beat now that Georges and Donald are probably gone. This guy is not only huge but knows how to fight.

Colton Orr-Classic action fighter, this dude fights wide open so he will take some losses, but he will also have some big wins. Just look at his rivalry with Matt Carkner.

Brian McGrattan-Very tough guy that could be ranked higher but has had some injuries and personal problems.

Jody Shelley-A veteran for sure who has moved around a lot recently but still does the job and does it well.

Darcy Hordichuk- A smaller guy who has been around a long time now and is beggining to show signs of slowing down a bit but still can go like hell.

DJ King-if he hadnt had the injuries that he has had he would be in the top 5 hopefully he can stay healthy and prove it.

It's kind of funny. Laraque says Brashear is the best and everyone else says Laraque is the best.

c-carp 07-26-2010 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wheatking (Post 27105583)
It's kind of funny. Laraque says Brashear is the best and everyone else says Laraque is the best.

I didnt know that Georges had said that? Even if he thought that I find it funny that he admitted it. If he really said that I would flip their spots.

I am not taking issue with your post or calliing you a liar. I am just amazed that a pro athlete who dropped the gloves for a living would admit that when it wasnt clear cut to most people who like to watch the fights. Pride alone you think would stop someone from admitting this?

Kevin27nyi 07-26-2010 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c-carp (Post 27105372)

Here would be my top 10

i notice a lot of people are forgetting eric cairns. guy was great and beat up a crapload of guys.

c-carp 07-26-2010 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevin27NYI (Post 27105921)
i notice a lot of people are forgetting eric cairns. guy was great and beat up a crapload of guys.

In my case I left guys like Cairns and Simon off of this list because they were coming to the end of their careers and were a force in the previous decade. I can see where some would list them though.

c-carp 07-26-2010 05:09 PM

Ill try middleweights as well

Order is tough so I will just throw them out there.

Cam Jannsen
Aaron Asham
Krys Barch
Chris Neil
Brad May
Rick Rypien
Jordin Tootoo
Brandon Prust
Dan Carcillo
Ian Lapperierre

Taylor Swift 07-27-2010 03:38 PM

PARROS!:handclap:

FultonReed 07-30-2010 10:59 AM

Arron Asham
Eric Godard
Eric Cairns
Rick Rypien
Georges Laraque
Cam Janssen
Derek Boogaard
George Parros
Donald Brashear

and Colton Orr just because he's willing to fight just about anyone.

all of this in no particular order.

amt98Bruin 07-30-2010 11:14 AM

Shawn Thornton and Milan Lucic