HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   News Article: Hockey News Assessment of the Habs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=804332)

Fozz 07-29-2010 09:19 AM

Hockey News Assessment of the Habs

Dobber gets it and realized just how much impact Eller and Subban will have on this team as early as this year:

http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...on-report.html

PinchedNerve 07-29-2010 09:49 AM

Avtsin can't play junior can he? I don't think anyone owns his rights.

RBR 07-29-2010 09:50 AM

Dobber works for THN too?

ReVeuF 07-29-2010 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PinchedNerve (Post 27150669)
Avtsin can't play junior can he? I don't think anyone owns his rights.

The Montreal Junior got his rights in the Q I think

goforit 07-29-2010 09:54 AM

Thanks buddy! Very nice read... but he seems to be wrong about Avtsin's situation. He's talking about him playing junior hockey (?) and that maybe he'll play 9 games in the NHL (OHL rule). But, no junior team still hold his rights and, I think, that the fact that he's coming from Russia allows him to play with the habs as long as they want and then... downgrade (right word?) him in the ŤAť.

Anyways, it's cool to see that outsiders are so high on Eller, Avtsin and Subban! :yo:

montreal 07-29-2010 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goforit (Post 27150740)
Thanks buddy! Very nice read... but he seems to be wrong about Avtsin's situation. He's talking about him playing junior hockey (?) and that maybe he'll play 9 games in the NHL (OHL rule). But, no junior team still hold his rights and, I think, that the fact that he's coming from Russia allows him to play with the habs as long as they want and then... downgrade (right word?) him in the ŤAť.

Anyways, it's cool to see that outsiders are so high on Eller, Avtsin and Subban! :yo:

I've tried to find out for sure, even though it doesn't really matter since he is likely Hamilton bound based off him saying he doesn't want to play in the CHL.

The Junior gave up his rights but supposedly they are appealing to the QMJHL saying they shouldn't have had to do so. But I don't know if they got anywhere with this. His rights may have gone back to the Rempart because they were the team that originally drafted him.

JHabs 07-29-2010 11:39 AM

Why would Avtsin give up his KHL job just to go to the Juniors? Trotter just bolted for Latvia, I think Avtsin has a good chance at making the top six in Hamilton.

RoyBoyCoy 07-29-2010 11:45 AM

Quote:

Not only will defenseman P.K. Subban make the team, but he’ll be the second best defenseman and arguably one of the four or five most important players on the Habs. He injects energy into the lineup, yet is a stabilizing presence. Adding 45 points (or even more) to that is just icing on the cake. Subban is one of the top dozen or so defensemen to own in a keeper league. Don’t scoff and shake your head at me – just trust in what I say.
Boom! Chyeah Chyeah!

goforit 07-29-2010 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by montreal (Post 27151047)
I've tried to find out for sure, even though it doesn't really matter since he is likely Hamilton bound based off him saying he doesn't want to play in the CHL.

The Junior gave up his rights but supposedly they are appealing to the QMJHL saying they shouldn't have had to do so. But I don't know if they got anywhere with this. His rights may have gone back to the Rempart because they were the team that originally drafted him.

Alright, thanks for the info!

Phildaskill 07-29-2010 12:19 PM

Once Markov comes back from injury I really like this!!!!
Markov - Spacek
Hammer - Subban
Gill - Georges
Obyrne

White Spy 07-29-2010 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReVeuF (Post 27150714)
The Montreal Junior got his rights in the Q I think

I believe they gave up his rights in the last import draft.

McSorleyStick 07-29-2010 12:33 PM

So it's a fantasy hockey preview

overlords 07-29-2010 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phildaskill (Post 27152924)
Once Markov comes back from injury I really like this!!!!
Markov - Spacek
Hammer - Subban
Gill - Georges
Obyrne

I have no idea how some of you still write 'georges' instead of 'gorges'.

Habernack 07-29-2010 01:17 PM

Glad to hear about the respect others give Eller. Makes the halak trade not sting too too much.

p.s. Subban = Norris
:sarcasm:

dcal64 07-29-2010 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by overlords (Post 27153411)
I have no idea how some of you still write 'georges' instead of 'gorges'.

Easy mistake to make since Josh doesn't pronounce his name the way it's spelled. He pronounces his name as "Georges", not "Gorges".

Blame Josh :laugh:

Le Tricolore 07-29-2010 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HabsNationUnite (Post 27153937)
Glad to hear about the respect others give Eller. Makes the halak trade not sting too too much.

p.s. Subban = Norris
:sarcasm:

and Calder.
and Hart.
and Conn Smythe.

JHabs 07-29-2010 01:29 PM

Lars Eller as a 70 point player would be fantastic imo. I'd be thrilled

Santino 07-29-2010 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yarfangor (Post 27154156)
Lars Eller as a 70 point player would be fantastic imo. I'd be thrilled

so would i...but if that were to happen, and it is surely not impossible. im sure fans would still find something to complain about like. ''oh but he's not a ppg player''.. ''we gave up a top 5 goalie in the league for a non ppg player'' so on and so forth.

Hackett 07-29-2010 02:02 PM

whats so enigmatic about avtsyn?

Santino 07-29-2010 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hackett (Post 27154699)

he prolly just ran out of adjectives to use.

HabbyGuy 07-29-2010 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hackett (Post 27154699)

Enigmatic = mystery, when it comes to Avtsyn he is a mystery, we're still not sure what we have here in him. Can he crack the lineup already or will he play in hamilton? I'm thinking this is what he meant.

JHabs 07-29-2010 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saints96 (Post 27154395)
so would i...but if that were to happen, and it is surely not impossible. im sure fans would still find something to complain about like. ''oh but he's not a ppg player''.. ''we gave up a top 15 goalie in the league for a non ppg player'' so on and so forth.

Fixed. As Much as I love and Respect Halak, hes not a top 5 goalie.

Top 5 Goalies for me are:

Brodeur
Luongo
Miller
Lundqvist
Fleury

I'd say those are the closest to the top 5, the bottom 2 of that top 5 are debatable of course.

goforit 07-29-2010 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yarfangor (Post 27155064)
Fixed. As Much as I love and Respect Halak, hes not a top 5 goalie.

Top 5 Goalies for me are:

Brodeur
Luongo
Miller
Lundqvist
Fleury

I'd say those are the closest to the top 5, the bottom 2 of that top 5 are debatable of course.

IMO, Fleury is far from being a top 5... It's not like he won the Cup by himself. And if that's your criteria, I take Cam Ward over Fleury.

If that's not, I take Halak over him, even if FLeury won a cup. Halak's run, this year, was better than Fleury's, last year.

EDIT: Didn't read your last paragraph...

JHabs 07-29-2010 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goforit (Post 27155245)
IMO, Fleury is far from being a top 5... It's not like he won the Cup by himself. And if that's your criteria, I take Cam Ward over Fleury.

If that's not, I take Halak over him, even if FLeury won a cup. Halak's run, this year, was better than Fleury's, last year.

EDIT: Didn't read your last paragraph...

lol yes, I agree I was between Ward or Fleury.

I'm just saying those are the type of top 5 goalies in the league imo, top 10 for sure, Halak had one amazing year, and a great playoff run. I think hes a top 15 goalie, whom had just one of those epic seasons.

and If Avtsin gets 1-9 games in the NHL like the blogger suggested I'm gonna be like this

jamz 07-29-2010 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcal64 (Post 27153964)
Easy mistake to make since Josh doesn't pronounce his name the way it's spelled. He pronounces his name as "Georges", not "Gorges".

Blame Josh :laugh:

Josh Gorgeous