HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Confirmed with Link: Pyörälä to Frölunda (Sweden) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=804458)

trikotomas 07-29-2010 04:24 PM

Pyörälä to Frölunda (Sweden)

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportblade...icle7543392.ab

article is in Swedish

Heres's a translation from google, with slightly corrections:

Pyörälä back in SEL

Frölunda recruit from the NHL.

By Timrå forward Mika Pyörälä, 29, has signed a three year contract.

- He will be one of the best all-around players in SEL, said Frölunda's coach Kent Johansson.

Frölunda has begun to fill the holes after the NHL fled Fredrik Pettersson and Mathias Olimb, second and third in the domestic league in shooting last year.

Today forward Mika Pyörälä signed a three year contract and joins the team next week.

- I think Frölunda looks very promising, "says Finn in a statement.
"Team player of the highest order"

He joins from Philadelphia, where he was last year made six points in 36 games. The Farm Team Adirondack Phantoms went better, 18 points in 35 games.

- Mika is a team player of the highest order. We will have much advantage of him, "says Kent Jackson.

Pyörälä, with World Championship silver and bronze at World Cup qualification list, has also played for Timrå 2007-2009. Where he produced 89 points in two seasons.

SchennSational1022* 07-29-2010 04:29 PM

Too bad, seemed like he never got a shot.

jd2210 07-29-2010 04:48 PM

I kinda liked him, but I'm certainly not going to cry. He will always be remembered for his preseason. Just like Maneluk.

Mr Oysterhead 07-29-2010 04:52 PM

Honestly, I thought this guy was a chump.

Toonces 07-29-2010 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captain richie18 (Post 27157570)

I dunno, he played a lot in the early part of the season (even a little on the power play at first, but my memory could be fuzzy). His problem was that while he played good defensively, he had very little offensive game. There are quite a few players who play his same role, are just as good defensively, but can still chip in a little offense every now and then.

Regardless, I wish him well.

Oh, and he had 4 points in 36 games, the article is wrong.

sa cyred 07-29-2010 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Oysterhead (Post 27157923)
Honestly, I thought this guy was a chump.

??? He played hard every game. What did he do to deserve being called a chump? Other then his offensive skills not getting up to beat, his defensive play was VERY good.

trikotomas 07-29-2010 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toonces (Post 27157956)
I dunno, he played a lot in the early part of the season (even a little on the power play at first, but my memory could be fuzzy). His problem was that while he played good defensively, he had very little offensive game. There are quite a few players who play his same role, are just as good defensively, but can still chip in a little offense every now and then.

Regardless, I wish him well.

Oh, and he had 4 points in 36 games, the article is wrong.

Aftonbladet usually have some errors in their articles xD

But at least the primary news: Pyörälä to Frölunda, should be correct xD

Mr Oysterhead 07-29-2010 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sa cyred (Post 27158060)
??? He played hard every game. What did he do to deserve being called a chump? Other then his offensive skills not getting up to beat, his defensive play was VERY good.

Not like a bad guy or anything. Just not very good. He didn't impress me that much on defense either. Not too quick or strong.

Garbage Goal 07-29-2010 05:15 PM

Sucks for him. He's an NHL caliber player, he just joined our team at the wrong time. He's be a great 3rd liner on most teams. Great defensively and can chip in offensively.

Mr Oysterhead 07-29-2010 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garbage Goal (Post 27158295)
Sucks for him. He's an NHL caliber player, he just joined our team at the wrong time. He's be a great 3rd liner on most teams. Great defensively and can chip in offensively.

What suggested he could chip in offensively or play on someone's third line for a full season? I just don't remember this guy being particularly good on any night. I know he had the one shootout winner...

Garbage Goal 07-29-2010 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Oysterhead (Post 27158429)
What suggested he could chip in offensively or play on someone's third line for a full season? I just don't remember this guy being particularly good on any night. I know he had the one shootout winner...

He was always good, he just wasn't memorable because he didn't put up many points.

He's great defensively and he has offensive instincts. That's what a typical 3rd liner in today's NHL is.

Pyorala had a lot of chances, but he just always seemed so snake-bitten.

Mr Oysterhead 07-29-2010 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garbage Goal (Post 27158637)
He was always good, he just wasn't memorable because he didn't put up many points.

He's great defensively and he has offensive instincts. That's what a typical 3rd liner in today's NHL is.

Meh. It's not that I don't remember watching him play. I just don't remember him being any good. He didn't impress me defensively. I thought he got over powered a lot. Like you said, when he had chances he would miss. Badly. Sounds like a guy who sucks and belongs overseas. Not like a typical 3rd liner in the NHL.

flyguy 07-29-2010 07:02 PM

Oh yeah.... him.

Honestly, they tried him out, he couldn't translate to NA style of play. No big whoop.

jb** 07-29-2010 07:18 PM

Quote:

such a great 3rd liner he toiled in the ahl. A great 3rd liner would have had teams come calling for him, yet he stayed in the ahl. Great 3rd line players dont get sent to the ahl. He is a 4th line nhl player. nothing more or less. Great 3rd line player lol.

infidelappel* 07-29-2010 07:19 PM

Guess I have to change my avy now.

I was never a fan of his or anything; I just thought "Mikachu" was a fun name to have around (and make an avatar for).

I think I'll make my favorite Flyer, Gagne, my avatar....oh wait.

Meh, no big news...best of luck to Mika in the SEL, though; hope he gets a crack at the NHL again.

mypunkrock 07-29-2010 07:31 PM

Frolunda...cheese? :sarcasm:

Seriously though, I loved Soapy, but he was not a fit for this team. I hope he gets another shot somewhere else in the NHL.

Juicy Couturier* 07-29-2010 08:01 PM

Quote:

He was on pace for 9 points in a full season. A typical 3rd liner is defensively responsible(he is), a big body(he isnt), provides some energy(he does), lays some hits(he doesnt), chips in 10 goals(he cant) and 30-40 points(he wont).

Garbage Goal 07-29-2010 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NWO (Post 27160061)
such a great 3rd liner he toiled in the ahl. A great 3rd liner would have had teams come calling for him, yet he stayed in the ahl. Great 3rd line players dont get sent to the ahl. He is a 4th line nhl player. nothing more or less. Great 3rd line player lol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CannonGoBoom (Post 27160646)
He was on pace for 9 points in a full season. A typical 3rd liner is defensively responsible(he is), a big body(he isnt), provides some energy(he does), lays some hits(he doesnt), chips in 10 goals(he cant) and 30-40 points(he wont).

I honestly won't even bother.

Villedelphia* 07-29-2010 09:32 PM

dönt give ä ****

seanerixon 07-31-2010 04:31 PM

I liked him. He wasn't a point producer, but he played an all around game. Was good in battles against the boards despite his size. Ashame they didn't try to develop him more for North American hockey.

Mr Oysterhead 08-01-2010 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garbage Goal (Post 27161707)
I honestly won't even bother.

Solid argument.

RJ8812* 08-01-2010 10:44 AM

he was a disappointment to say the least

RJ8812* 08-01-2010 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captain richie18 (Post 27157570)

really?

he had 40 games to prove himself and couldn't do it

Garbage Goal 08-01-2010 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Oysterhead (Post 27190283)
Solid argument.

Like I said, I honestly won't even bother.

I don't care enough to at this point.

UseYourAllusion 08-01-2010 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garbage Goal (Post 27191399)
Like I said, I honestly won't even bother.

I don't care enough to at this point.

Then don't bother; responding with "I won't even bother" comes of, at best, a petulant.