HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Trade proposal ??? w/ Buf (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=80463)

Law & Order 05-26-2004 11:45 PM

Trade proposal ??? w/ Buf

Would you trade Tom Poti to Buffalo for Taylor Pyatt straight up? Or would one side have to offer up a little more? I know I'd do it straight up and even include a 2nd round pick if Buffalo asked.

Prucha73 05-26-2004 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Law & Order
Would you trade Tom Poti to Buffalo for Taylor Pyatt straight up? Or would one side have to offer up a little more? I know I'd do it straight up and even include a 2nd round pick if Buffalo asked.

If we can't get anything better for Poti, then I would do straight up, but I rather get a 2nd rounder or use him to move into the teens.

SingnBluesOnBroadway 05-27-2004 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Law & Order

In a heartbeat.

Barnaby 05-27-2004 01:53 AM

Yea, I just really don't see Buffalo picking up Poti's salary. They'd be better off signing a d-man via UFA.

n8 05-27-2004 04:52 AM

where do i sign? pick up some of that salary if we need to. pyatt is PF material and since someone else has messed him up already, it goes that he'll get better playing for the rangers. :dunno: i mean since all the good players get bad once they come on our team, shouldn't the opposite be true? :huh:

donpaulo 05-27-2004 05:35 AM

Well as much as it appears Poti is being sold to whomever... I doubt its going to be Buffalo. Why ? because they just acquired Jillson as part of the Curtis Brown trade. Jillson is younger than poti and brings a similar game. They also have Brian Campbell who is yet another kid with good puck carrying skills. Let alone if they bring back Zhitnik.
If Zhitnik goes, then I could see them being interested in Poti.
If I were gm of the rangers, would I trade Poti for Pyatt ? nope. Poti didn't have a good year, but he is capable, skates well and is quite likely going to be on the top pairing for the blueshirts next year. I see Pyatt as more of a 2nd line forward, (perhaps 3rd on the blueshirts since they don't give kids any ice time)
It just doesn't add up.
Its not about Poti's salary either. I think most rangers fans (me included) are just frustrated with Poti's soft play. If he puts it together he could have a very nice bounceback season. Assuming there is a season.

NYR469 05-27-2004 09:14 AM

there is no way buffalo makes that deal

kazo 05-27-2004 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n8
where do i sign? pick up some of that salary if we need to. pyatt is PF material and since someone else has messed him up already, it goes that he'll get better playing for the rangers. :dunno: i mean since all the good players get bad once they come on our team, shouldn't the opposite be true? :huh:

Since when has Pyatt been considered power forward material? He hasn't shown that trait in his past and besides, power forwards are born, not made.

Big Bill 05-27-2004 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kazo
Since when has Pyatt been considered power forward material? He hasn't shown that trait in his past and besides, power forwards are born, not made.

People are awed by size. Just because Pyat is 6'4" 215 lbs, people assume power forward. He is a gentle giant to say the least.

RFAN 05-27-2004 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n8

Just because Pyatt is big doesn't make him a PF. Simon and Barnaby come to mind as far as sucked untill they came to the Rangers, however, the list that sucked and sucked more as a Ranger as we all know is far longer! :amazed:

BDubinskyNYR17* 05-27-2004 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Bill
People are awed by size. Just because Pyat is 6'4" 215 lbs, people assume power forward. He is a gentle giant to say the least.

Then if that is the case I guess we can consider Jeff Toms a power forward oh and Tom Poti a hitting dman :dunno:

Pyatt I think can be Fredrik Modin type maybe a little more physical but not by much. Id take Modin if he was available, we can use a LW that can score a little. :yo:

NYR2 05-27-2004 06:02 PM

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I kind of want to keep Poti. Don't even ask why because I don't quite know yet myself lol.

Unless it's a really good deal the Rangers can't pass up.