HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Brent Burns (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=805904)

paine 08-03-2010 12:25 PM

Brent Burns

What is the value of Brent Burns to Anaheim?

- The Ducks will not trade Getzlaf, Perry, or Ryan.

- The Ducks have a deep prospect pool. (i.e. Gardiner, Palmieri, McMillan, Clark, Holland etc.)

Finnish Your Czechs 08-03-2010 12:27 PM

Why would Minnesota trade him?

carlweezer* 08-03-2010 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ericnut (Post 27221220)

- The Ducks have a deep prospect pool. (i.e. Gardiner, Palmieri, McMillan, Clark, Holland etc.)

then who do you want the ducks to trade to pick upa young big Defenceman with lots of potential..

Fulton Reid? or the guy that shoots knucklepucks

carlweezer* 08-03-2010 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCiarniello (Post 27221244)
Why would Minnesota trade him?

these are questions you simplu dont ask on HF boards ...its all fantasay..

Just look at the front page, "value for Malkin"etc etc

sweHockeypunk21 08-03-2010 12:39 PM

What off roster players and picks other than Murray, Mitchell or Huskins would it take to get Burns on to the Sharks?

Mizral 08-03-2010 12:40 PM

It seems like Minnesota essentially is like an AHL team in the NHL. Basically they produce good young players and then farm them out right before their prime. This likely means the Burns might be dealt but if this management group knew what they were doing they would hang on to this guy unless some GM out there is just crazy and offers you the moon. Burns some nights can take over games and if he played for a team like Toronto he'd be considered as good as Phaneuf IMO.

K2B 08-03-2010 12:40 PM

To :ducks
Brent Burns

to :wild
Lupul
Palimeri
1 st

That's what it would take IMO.

nickschultzfan 08-03-2010 12:51 PM

Bobby Ryan.

Now go away.

nickschultzfan 08-03-2010 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizral (Post 27221454)
It seems like Minnesota essentially is like an AHL team in the NHL. Basically they produce good young players and then farm them out right before their prime. This likely means the Burns might be dealt but if this management group knew what they were doing they would hang on to this guy unless some GM out there is just crazy and offers you the moon. Burns some nights can take over games and if he played for a team like Toronto he'd be considered as good as Phaneuf IMO.

This post makes no sense.

Sharksfan83 08-03-2010 01:01 PM

Petrecki + Murray/clowe + 1st '11 ?

KingsCrown 08-03-2010 01:01 PM

Stoll, Moller/Teubert/Moller, 1st.

flames123 08-03-2010 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizral (Post 27221454)

a lot of people are as good as phaneuf

grN1g 08-03-2010 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ericnut (Post 27221220)

then thats where this conversation ends.

Oroku Saki* 08-03-2010 01:48 PM

Zajac, Langenbrunner, Tedenby, 1st

Burns, PMB.

Gibsons Finest 08-03-2010 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grN1g (Post 27222439)
then thats where this conversation ends.

Why? Burns at his finest isn't as valuable as any of them, and he has some concerns due to his drop off in play coming off a concussion. I really don't get it, you're not going to get a Getzlaf, Perry or Ryan anywhere else, so why punish Anaheim for not giving one up either? Unless you're saying that the Wild simply aren't trading him or whatever.

Anyway, from an Anaheim perspective I'd offer Lupul, one of Gardiner(not included because he's a MN native, just a coincidence) or one of the forward prospects(take your pick) and a pick, maybe even a first if it came down to it. IMO that'd be pretty even, solid top-6 forward who can score goals in bunches and does a lot of things well, either a potential top-pairing defenseman or potential top-6 forward prospect and a draft pick. That's probably a pretty good value for a guy like Burns.

nickschultzfan 08-03-2010 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobby Ryan Getzlaf (Post 27222711)
Why? Burns at his finest isn't as valuable as any of them, and he has some concerns due to his drop off in play coming off a concussion. I really don't get it, you're not going to get a Getzlaf, Perry or Ryan anywhere else, so why punish Anaheim for not giving one up either? Unless you're saying that the Wild simply aren't trading him or whatever.

Anyway, from an Anaheim perspective I'd offer Lupul, one of Gardiner(not included because he's a MN native, just a coincidence) or one of the forward prospects(take your pick) and a pick, maybe even a first if it came down to it. IMO that'd be pretty even, solid top-6 forward who can score goals in bunches and does a lot of things well, either a potential top-pairing defenseman or potential top-6 forward prospect and a draft pick. That's probably a pretty good value for a guy like Burns.

Oh, the classic "I'll bash the player I am asking to be traded to my team."

Unless Ryan is coming the other way, Burns is going to be on the Wild for a long while.

WildisLaw 08-03-2010 02:11 PM

Burns will not be traded, he is going to be an absolute beast this year.

WildisLaw 08-03-2010 02:14 PM

And ill say it again, the Wild do not want Lupul. It will take overpayment to get Burns and that ends in Bobby Ryan.

Takao 08-03-2010 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WildisLaw (Post 27223105)
And ill say it again, the Wild do not want Lupul. It will take overpayment to get Burns and that ends in Bobby Ryan.

It couldn't even start with Bobby Ryan :laugh:

Talentless Practise* 08-03-2010 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickschultzfan (Post 27222930)
Oh, the classic "I'll bash the player I am asking to be traded to my team."

Lovely logic.

Jimmy McNulty 08-03-2010 02:18 PM

Quote:

Your post is reasonable, but Burns "at his finest" is a top pairing defenseman. You don't think that a young top pairing defenseman is worth Bobby Ryan?

The reason Wild fans keep demanding Ryan is because all of the stuff that is "fair value" makes the Wild worse. Lupul is decent, but overpaid and not that great; he could score 25 goals, or he could score 15 again like he did in Edmonton. Gardiner, the 1st, the forward prospect are all nice pieces but mostly for a rebuilding team. If the Wild were rebuilding, wouldn't they just keep their 25-year old potential stud defenseman?

Strictly value-wise, your proposal is probably good. But teams also need some reason to make a trade and too many times, that gets overlooked and/or mixed in with what is and isn't fair value.

JSilvius* 08-03-2010 02:23 PM

Quote:

You're underestimating Burns. You won't get him for that package.

WildisLaw 08-03-2010 02:27 PM

Burns at his finest shuts down all 3 of those guys.

Gibsons Finest 08-03-2010 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WildisLaw (Post 27223335)
Burns at his finest shuts down all 3 of those guys.

Nik Lidstrom couldn't shut those 3 guys down, why Brent Burns could, I don't know.

And, for the poster who accused me of such, I wasn't bashing Burns, I'd love to have him. But saying he doesn't have concerns is just being ignorant. I wasn't even trying to point that out and say his value should be low, I think a healthy Brent Burns for a healthy Lupul, Gardiner and a 1st would be quite good value as well. My main point that was a concern-free Burns isn't worth one of those guys, so why would a Burns coming off a concussion be worth them?

And no, a concern-free Burns isn't worth one of those guys. Burns may be a top pairing defender when healthy, but he is still somewhat raw and he's probably not a #1 at this point. All three Duck forwards, however, are all Burns' age or younger, are proven premier first line talents, and the guy Wild fans want is arguably a potential franchise forward on many clubs. Not to mention Burns is a UFA in two years.

usernam* 08-03-2010 02:45 PM

Non-Wild Fan: I heard Burns is available. Would love to get him on ___. What would it take?

Wild Fan: He's not on the block really. But if he is moved, it won't be for anything less than a young 1st line winger or a top-6 center.

Non-Wild Fan: How about a [salary dump] + young Dman + middling forward + pick

Wild Fan: Ah no. 1st line winger or top-6 center.

Non-Wild Fan: How about [weaker NHL Dman] + [forward not in NHL yet]?

Wild Fan: ? Burns won't be moved for anything BUT a young 1st line winger or top-6 center.

Non-Wild Fan: How about [mid-30s vet with 1-year on his contract] straight up?

Wild Fan: What part of young 1st line winger or top-6 center don't you get?

Non-Wild Fan: You are asking for too much. Burns isn't going to get that. Have fun trying to trade him.

Wild Fan: We aren't!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

There now we can continue.