HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Shea Weber? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=80593)

79kayko 05-27-2004 06:50 PM

Shea Weber?

Just wondering? Shea got drafted last year and this year he was an outstanding player for his team(Kelowna Rockets)...i was wondering if any of you knew if there was a possibility of Shea getting signed this year by the predators? :dunno:

LPC2008 05-27-2004 09:01 PM

It will depend on how he does in the Rookie Camp July 11-14 I believe those are the dates of it. However, he may not go. I know some players decide to stay with their leagued team until they feel that they're prepared for the NHL.

Upchuck19 05-28-2004 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 79kayko
Just wondering? Shea got drafted last year and this year he was an outstanding player for his team(Kelowna Rockets)...i was wondering if any of you knew if there was a possibility of Shea getting signed this year by the predators? :dunno:

When Pred scouts were at the Rocket home games they were saying they thought he could make the team next year. It would be great for the Pred, but bad for the Rockets. I seen Klein play at the Memorial Cup also, he is physical also and one year older than Shea. Both will be a big part of Nashville defense for years.

SmokeyClause 05-28-2004 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Upchuck19
When Pred scouts were at the Rocket home games they were saying they thought he could make the team next year. It would be great for the Pred, but bad for the Rockets. I seen Klein play at the Memorial Cup also, he is physical also and one year older than Shea. Both will be a big part of Nashville defense for years.

He COULD make the team, but I doubt it. I personally would give him a shot and if he wasn't great (i.e. left me no choice but to give him a roster spot), I would send him back to Kelowna. We don't need him in the sense that we can't live without him. And because of this, I don't want to ruin his career. I can't recall a player who has ever been hurt by keeping him in juniors for a third year of development.

I'd sign Klein and put him in the A and send Shea back to Kelowna.

Upchuck19 05-28-2004 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
He COULD make the team, but I doubt it. I personally would give him a shot and if he wasn't great (i.e. left me no choice but to give him a roster spot), I would send him back to Kelowna. We don't need him in the sense that we can't live without him. And because of this, I don't want to ruin his career. I can't recall a player who has ever been hurt by keeping him in juniors for a third year of development.

I'd sign Klein and put him in the A and send Shea back to Kelowna.

I totally agree, I am not sold on 18 or 19 year old boys being in the NHL playing with the men! Most young men can't handle it and hurt the start of there career.

Look at guys like Boumeester, he could handle it. Nash did nothing the first year, McLearn played good his first year in Boston then had troubles handling the pressure. Same story with Brewer as a 18 yr old in the Island, played great as a 18 yr old then has had problems since.

Scouts from the Preds have said they want Shea inthe lineup next year, I hope they wait until the 05/06 season for him. Weber improved so much this year, he was the second best defenseman in Kelowna and could be pushed into the one spot if Gorges gets pushed into the AHL under the Sharks system?

Sure the Preds need a physical defenseman, I think they would be better off waiting one year for Weber and let him improve with the Rockets.