HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   TSN: Sean Avery #5 Agitator of All Time (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=805968)

MacTruck 08-03-2010 03:11 PM

Sean Avery #5 Agitator of All Time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPEqB...layer_embedded

:handclap:

WhipNash27 08-03-2010 03:17 PM

No Tik? Boo this list. Shanny was funny in the Avery part tho.

Panfork 08-03-2010 03:30 PM

Darcy deserves to be higher than #9. Guy is ruthless.

I liked Claude Lemieux at #6. Loving how many of these guys were Avs at some point. :laugh:

Ott definitely didn't belong at #3.

Matteau Matteau 08-03-2010 03:30 PM

:banana: :5: :banana:

Blueshirt Special 08-03-2010 03:31 PM

good clip

ESPN? lol

Matteau Matteau 08-03-2010 03:32 PM

Barnaby's line is the best..."he makes you want to kill him...I've wanted to kill him." :D

SupersonicMonkey* 08-03-2010 03:44 PM

He hasn't been the same since the league castrated him for insulting Phaneuf's girl friend.

It's OK to crack someone's skull open by swinging your stick at it like a baseball bat, or to be accused of man slaughter by jumping on someones back and driving their face into the ice ending their career and almost their life... but saying sloppy seconds, now THAT is worthy of an eternity in hell...:shakehead

LamoTheKid 08-03-2010 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blueshirt Special (Post 27224606)
good clip

ESPN? lol

"Sportscentre"

Zil 08-03-2010 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DubiSnacks17 (Post 27224339)
No Tik? Boo this list. Shanny was funny in the Avery part tho.

Agreed, I really can't stand by a list with no Esa on it.

Bleed Ranger Blue 08-03-2010 04:37 PM

Is it safe to say yet that Avery is one of the most overrated Rangers of all-time?

Other than the occassional circus side-show, the guy really hasnt done much here besides his first 30 or so games. Yet, the fans continue to lap him up.

Fitzy 08-03-2010 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue (Post 27225766)
Is it safe to say yet that Avery is one of the most overrated Rangers of all-time?

Other than the occassional circus side-show, the guy really hasnt done much here besides his first 30 or so games. Yet, the fans continue to lap him up.

Welcome to my lonely corner.

Be prepared for posts of "Just stop" and "Which of your ex girlfiends did Avery screw?"

Jim Ramsay 08-03-2010 04:58 PM

Quote:

This past season I really didn't feel like he was a factor at all the majority of the games. I still like Avery, but I think he has lost his 'edge' factor......I hope he proves me wrong this season

Sad London Ranger 08-03-2010 05:01 PM

Ott in number 3 is unfathomable.

Dale Hunter would make Avery look like a choir boy.

Hunter, Lemieux, Tucker belong in the top 5,

blue2noise 08-03-2010 05:03 PM

Quote:

No one said he was an amazing hockey player. i like my team better when he is in the lineup. They have more edge, they have more ballz and they are more fun to watch. You've been crying and whining about Avery since he got here.

He's a fan favorite for a reason and I hope the guy never leaves. it's nice to have some attitude in a lineup usually known for being a bunch of coasting pansies.

Matteau Matteau 08-03-2010 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blue2noise (Post 27226149)
No one said he was an amazing hockey player. i like my team better when he is in the lineup. They have more edge, they have more ballz and they are more fun to watch. You've been crying and whining about Avery since he got here.

He's a fan favorite for a reason and I hope the guy never leaves. it's nice to have some attitude in a lineup usually known for being a bunch of coasting pansies.

:handclap:

His detractors really are an obsessed bunch. Never miss a chance to fire up the whaaambulance.

Christ...what do they expect out of him? 35 goals a year? We all know his role. I'll take what he brings to the team over some replacement player who might pot 5 more goals any day. It's not like he's taking some top scorer's spot on the top line or something.

Mr Atoz* 08-03-2010 05:22 PM

I separate "agitators" from plain dirty players. Avery, Barnaby, and Tikkanen are/were agitators. Tucker and Hunter were dirty pr**ks.

Black Tank 08-03-2010 05:41 PM

Avery makes the other teams better players keep their heads up, something none of the non-fourth line forwards do. This is a very, very soft team and no matter what else he brings, he does provide that in the top 9.

Elvis Presley 08-03-2010 06:05 PM

take into consideration, how many of those guys had a rule made for them except for 2

clmetsfan 08-03-2010 06:55 PM

I clicked on this expecting Tikkanen to be number one. I can live with having him lower, but completely absent?? Verdict: list invalid.

The Perfect Paradox 08-03-2010 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clmetsfan (Post 27227659)
I clicked on this expecting Tikkanen to be number one. I can live with having him lower, but completely absent?? Verdict: list invalid.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy London Ranger (Post 27226122)
Ott in number 3 is unfathomable.

These sum up my thoughts.

NYRwillDRIVEyouCRAZY 08-03-2010 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey (Post 27224826)
He hasn't been the same since the league castrated him for insulting Phaneuf's girl friend.

It's OK to crack someone's skull open by swinging your stick at it like a baseball bat, or to be accused of man slaughter by jumping on someones back and driving their face into the ice ending their career and almost their life... but saying sloppy seconds, now THAT is worthy of an eternity in hell...:shakehead

I couldn't agree more. Ever since he had to take those anger managment classes, he hasn't been the same Avery. I fear we will never again see him push over Brodeur:( And as far as I'm concerned Bertuzzi should have been prosecuted. If anyone was walking down the street and attacked someone from behind like that, they would be behind bars. You can't make this stuff up.

RESPECT THE SHIELD10 08-03-2010 08:19 PM

sack tap on maltby lmfao

Nick00 08-03-2010 08:38 PM

Yeah, since the Phaneuf incident he's been a shadow of his former self.
I never really liked him as a player, mainly because of the diving, pretending to drop the gloves etc., but I do acknowledge what he did for the team during his first run with the Rangers.
I guess I can see why he still has such a following here, but at this point he's all image/personality with little substance to show on the ice.

GregNYR19 08-04-2010 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prucha15 (Post 27226082)
This past season I really didn't feel like he was a factor at all the majority of the games. I still like Avery, but I think he has lost his 'edge' factor......I hope he proves me wrong this season

he will

eco's bones 08-04-2010 04:09 AM

A lot has to do with the coach as well. Avery had the green light more or less when Renney was coach. Tortorella is a bit less appreciative. The Zebra's as well have targeted him for a while--calling him for numerous borderline infractions and not calling opponents for the same.

Avery has his own side interests and distractions. FWIW I don't know how this season is going to turn out for him. I think he's going to have to turn it up a notch because there's more competition for his job. The Rangers as well are a tougher team with Boogaard and Prust--maybe someone like Byers. None of them agitate like Avery though and when he's on the team has a lot of extra edge.