HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Hugh Jessiman (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=806295)

gifted88 08-04-2010 11:55 AM

Hugh Jessiman

Seeing how he is now a Blackhawk, think he cracks the line-up? and why?

Renbarg 08-04-2010 12:00 PM

I doubt it. He was the Rangers 1st rounder so the Rangers had extra incentive to get him into the NHL.

Maybe he may make the lineup by default if they really need a warm body with a low hit but even then I have to think the Blackhawks have half a dozen better guys in front of him.

zeus3007* 08-04-2010 12:06 PM

Jessiman is the definition of bust. A former first rounder who, because of injuries and simply being overrated, has never made it. Jessiman will be a depth guy on the farm, if he plays a single game as a Hawk in the NHL, I feel bad for Hawks fans for putting up with that many injuries.

EmeticDonut 08-04-2010 12:08 PM

I think the Hawks should let him play one game, so he wont be the only first rounder from 2003 to not play a single game in the NHL. Just for pity's sake.

gifted88 08-04-2010 12:11 PM

Only reason I posted this is cause I got thinking. There will be a ton of youth injected into the hawks bottom lines. which made me think he could actually have a shot at getting called up at some point.

EmeticDonut 08-04-2010 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gifted88 (Post 27237455)
Only reason I posted this is cause I got thinking. There will be a ton of youth injected into the hawks bottom lines. which made me think he could actually have a shot at getting called up at some point.

Guys that are going to fill out he bottom of the team are all in the ages around 23-25, so a year or two younger than Jessiman. And they are all before Huge Specimen in the depth chart.

Behn Wilson 08-04-2010 12:26 PM

You never know when the light bulb will come on. A lot of power forwards develop later in their careers. I dont think it wil happen with him but if it does his upside is only fourth line grinder at this point. It would be nice as someone above said to see him at least play one game in the NHL though.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* 08-04-2010 12:27 PM

Every time I see or hear the name Hugh ****ing Jessiman, my stomach turns..... My day is ruined now. Thanks, OP.

Hugh has no value. The only reason why he's still in this league, is because he was a high draft pick. There was potential in his game, but injuries, and a lack of desire to play the game, ruined him.

No chance in hell he ever plays a game for the Hawks. Even if they're hit with some big injuries this season.

I need a tums now..

Magnus Fulgur 08-04-2010 12:29 PM

Not a fan of Huge Essyman.

kingsfan 08-04-2010 12:44 PM

While I'm glad LA didn't get him, I was kind of hoping they would have at that draft. Regardless of him being a bust or not, I've never heard anything negative about his attitude, so it'd be nice to see him get a game so he doesn't stick out like a sore thumb from one of the best first round draft classes in the last 20 years.

Pulp Fiction 08-04-2010 12:47 PM

The one, the only.

jumptheshark 08-04-2010 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gifted88 (Post 27237184)
Seeing how he is now a Blackhawk, think he cracks the line-up? and why?

shouldn't this question be on the hawks board or general discussion board?

Value wise what is less then jack ****

gifted88 08-04-2010 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jumptheshark (Post 27238143)
shouldn't this question be on the hawks board or general discussion board?

Value wise what is less then jack ****

Not a Hawks fan...so I stay out of their board. Plus I wanted to hear if the general fans here thought he could crack the lineup or if he even still carries some value.

Torch 08-04-2010 01:11 PM

I can't hear his name without thinking of Pierre Mcguire freaking out about how awesome he is. Huge Speciman as he liked to call him.

oilersfan11 08-04-2010 01:14 PM

The guy doesn't have a future in the NHL.He will be playing most likely for the Rockford IceHogs this season.

MTK 08-04-2010 01:14 PM

He has no value seeing that he was traded from the NYR for nothing since it was for a conditional draft pick and he didn't meet the condition. I believe that would be playing in the NHL.

He is an AHL player

HAPPY HOUR 08-04-2010 01:17 PM

Look when Hugh was drafted.

Look at where.

Look at the players that the Rangers could have taken in that draft.

The "face palm" was invented for that and that reason alone.

TreeSapLlama 08-04-2010 01:18 PM

Lots of people think with the Hawks firesale that they will be a lot worse then last year. I do not fall into that camp. I think the Hawks have a very impressive team.

That having been said, if Hugh Jessiman plays a game for the Hawks, I take back everything I said.

DisgruntledHawkFan 08-04-2010 01:19 PM

Rockford secondary scoring, and nothing more.

Jeff Taffe, Rob Klinkhammer, Kyle Beach, Nathan Davis, Evan Brophey, Chris Didomenico, and Brandon Bollig are all ahead of Jessiman on the depth chart.

Brain Sergeant 08-04-2010 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HAPPY HOUR (Post 27238637)
Look when Hugh was drafted.

Look at where.

Look at the players that the Rangers could have taken in that draft.

The "face palm" was invented for that and that reason alone.

haha. just for the people who dont know this is the rest of the first round after Jessiman was picked.

Dustin Brown
Brent Seabrook
Robert Nilsson
Steve Bernier
Zach Parise
Eric Fehr
Ryan Getzlaf
Brent Burns
Mark Stuart
Marc-Antoine Pouliot
Ryan Kesler
Mike Richards
Anthony Stewart
Brian Boyle
Jeff Tambellini
Corey Perry
Patrick Eaves
Shawn Belle

kivaerijo 08-04-2010 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsfan (Post 27238086)
While I'm glad LA didn't get him, I was kind of hoping they would have at that draft. Regardless of him being a bust or not, I've never heard anything negative about his attitude, so it'd be nice to see him get a game so he doesn't stick out like a sore thumb from one of the best first round draft classes in the last 20 years.

dont know if this is negative or not... but in camp last year, he always looked pissed off, and even got in a fight with someone (cant remember who). he still has some skills, but i think it is a motivation thing. and pretty sure the story about his mom dying from falling off a cliff has taken its toll on him as well.

Blackhawkswincup 08-04-2010 04:10 PM

He is a Rockford signing

Would be ok seeing him get a look for a few games late in season if he plays well in Rockford

Every other 1st rounder from that draft has at least gotten an NHL game ,,, It would be a nice story to see him get to play in NHL game

zeus3007* 08-04-2010 04:12 PM

I wish he would have made it...one of the coolest hockey names ever, especially if he were a brawler. He could have went into the "coolest nicknames" hall of fame, but now, he is just a bust.

PredsV82 08-04-2010 04:17 PM

here's how likely he is to do anything... I didnt even realize he wasnt a pred/admiral anymore.

we had a ton of callups last year and he never got a sniff of consideration...

hockeykid87 08-04-2010 04:44 PM

Huge Specimen :biglaugh: I love that god damn name